• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:
I'm open to taking any team.

I picked ND because I'm familiar with them, and I'd also ruin CB's chances at any Nation Title aspirations. Also get to play against Michigan as well.

Willing to switch if a conference needs better representation.

Notre Dame and Michigan is a storied rivalry.

I'd rather not play custom conferences, but I don't have terribly strong feelings about it either way.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I just got the call from my local mom and pop. I will have NCAA soon. If anyone has pressing questions that you want answered, send them to me and I will try to get to them later.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Debating on what to do tonight. I'll try to hit up the local gamestop after work, see if "preordering" one will get me one for midnight tonight. Good thing is, it's less than a mile from home.

Will gamestop fall for the sealed copy from Dell routine, and would I get money/credit back?

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
Debating on what to do tonight. I'll try to hit up the local gamestop after work, see if "preordering" one will get me one for midnight tonight. Good thing is, it's less than a mile from home.

Will gamestop fall for the sealed copy from Dell routine, and would I get money/credit back?
That is a good question. More and more I am seeing retailer specific packaging on big releases that makes it impossible to return a new release from one store to another. For example, I know Gamestop is offering some sort of card to people who preorder that gives them in-game points for something. I don't know how this is packaged, but I would be wary of buying anything from a retailer tomorrow that has something prepackaged in it if you want to return your late-arriving Dell copy.

LJ11

Lonestar said:

My Dell copy arrived around this afternoon.

Too bad my router kicked the bucket, need to pick up a new one.

Lonestar

LJ11 said:
My Dell copy arrived around this afternoon.

Too bad my router kicked the bucket, need to pick up a new one.

And you ordered on the 21st, right?

Cause I did too, and I've recieved zip on my email, saying it's shipped.

THOUGH, I did just check the website, and it's status is saying Shipped. Good Lord, where the hell is it.

And UPS's site doesn't know where it is.

Blasted.

Nightz

Where is Dell's distribution center(s) located? I know the guys who got their copies already are in the East, so I'm just wondering if I would get it early here on the west coast. I ordered release date shipping from Amazon, but I might order from Dell next time if I can get it earlier than Amazon.

Lonestar

Nightz said:
Where is Dell's distribution center(s) located? I know the guys who got their copies already are in the East, so I'm just wondering if I would get it early here on the west coast. I ordered release date shipping from Amazon, but I might order from Dell next time if I can get it earlier than Amazon.

Well, I'm on the eastern side of the Mississippi. The Website shows it shipped with UPS (I know FedEx is outta Memphis, which is like 90 miles away), not sure where UPS comes out of, let alone which Dell Distribution Center.

Speak of the devil, currently trying to quote some random Distribution Center in the state of Alabama. Literally don't know where it's going, or who it's for. It's just fricken huge. Like 1 Million+ Square Feet Huge.

BigAT

Nightz said:
Not that it's real relevant for you, but mine shipped out of eastern PA. I got mine a couple of hours ago as well. $40 and pre-release delivery, not too shabby. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
BigAT said:
Not that it's real relevant for you, but mine shipped out of eastern PA. I got mine a couple of hours ago as well. $40 and pre-release delivery, not too shabby. :D

WTF mine was shipped the same day as yours and I still have no tracking info and and the estimated delivery date still shows the 27th. I figure since I live in NYC it should be here tomorrow, but no they have to screw my shit up and I have no f-ing way to track it, hell if its even really shipped.

and my bro's copy still hasn't shipped.

Fuck you Dell..... never again and your PC's suck!

BigAT

The only thing I can think of is that maybe they sold out out their initial shipment and yours is backordered. I did get my order in a few days before you did if I remember correctly.

Who knows. Maybe you should give them a call and see what's up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I did give them a call about my order and the stupid non English speaking person just kept telling me the 27th you get it and had no info for me other than it shipped....ugh. I got my order in June 23rd and some people on other boards ordered July 1st and have had theirs ship. It was worse than calling MS support for 360 repairs back in the day.

I just emailed them hoping I get some one who knows something.

Lonestar

Mine says shipped, and I eventually got an email saying it's shipped.

Far as I know, it's not at the house, and the UPS tracking number still doesn't work.

Matrix

Mine just says "Data Temporarily Unavailable" I have no carrier, no tracking info etc, nothing other than shipped.It's been like this since Friday.

Dell can kiss my bony white ass.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
mine says shipped today, scheduled for delivery tomorrow.... i did the free 7 day shipping so i dont know how that works :lol

I hate you.

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
mine says shipped today, scheduled for delivery tomorrow.... i did the free 7 day shipping so i dont know how that works :lol

This is what I "think" mine is doing. Shipped today-ish, arrival sometime around "Maybe"

that has happened to me like 4 times in the demo and it happened to the CPU once. it's not a random bug, anytime you run the play this will happen :lol

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/07/12/ncaa-football-11-release-day-patch-details

Fixed an exploit where the QB could walk through the defense when the ball is snapped, with a guaranteed a gain of over 50 yards.

Tuned QB fumbling on scrambles, resolving an issue where the QB would fumble every time if hit past the line of scrimmage.

Improved deep zone coverage assignments, making it significantly more difficult to be beaten by the deep ball. In particular, deep zones have been improved against Streak routes.

Tuned QB throwing out of a sack. Previously, it was too easy for a QB to throw the ball while being tackled; this has been toned down to be more accurate.

Resolved an error with pursuit angles, which resulted in defenders over pursuing the ball carrier every play. The angle was fixed to be slightly more aggressive, creating a more accurate pursuit.

Tuned the read and react assignment for linebackers, especially outside linebackers, before the handoff. This will make it more difficult to run the ball outside the Tackles.

Fixed an issue with the CPU ball carrier being stuck in a forward lean animation. Also lowered the frequency of CPU ball carriers leaning.

Resolved an issue where AI players in man coverage assignment would swerve when covering particular vertical routes, causing them to be beat repeatedly.

Ball carriers will no longer go into a tightrope assignment when running along the sideline. This was causing the player’s speed to decrease to 70%.

Resolved an issue that was causing tackles to not matchup in online games, potentially causing a crash in online games.

Footsliding will no longer occur when the ball carrier has the ball in their left hand.

Tuned CPU screen passes so they will get rid of the ball faster, resulting in less sacks.

Resolved a crash that occurred if connection is lost before entering a game mode.

DenogginizerOS

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that has happened to me like 4 times in the demo and it happened to the CPU once. it's not a random bug, anytime you run the play this will happen :lol
Of the 6 games I played last night, I saw that happen in 4 of the games. 4 different teams, too. I don't see it being listed as one of the things addressed in this new patch. :(

If you all are talking about the PA bug where the qb keeps running backwards (I can't see the vid at work), if the user is in control just press the A button and it will give you control. If it's the cpu that does it, there isn't a workaround for that yet.

Also, it supposedly happens on the new PA "trick" plays.

DenogginizerOS

storybook77 said:
If you all are talking about the PA bug where the qb keeps running backwards (I can't see the vid at work), if the user is in control just press the A button and it will give you control. If it's the cpu that does it, there isn't a workaround for that yet.

Also, it supposedly happens on the new PA "trick" plays.
Yes, that is the one. Every instance I saw of it last night was with the CPU controlling the offense.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/22229899

Lonestar

Whew, it says it's out for delivery now. So I'll have it when I get home. Much easier than worrying about buying another copy and then trading in my Dell Copy as a regular copy.

Seems like the distribution center, for me, was in Atlanta.

LukeSmith

The amount of stuff they fixed in the Day 1 update concerns me. How a game goes out the door with that type of stuff broken seems magical

DenogginizerOS

LukeSmith said:
The amount of stuff they fixed in the Day 1 update concerns me. How a game goes out the door with that type of stuff broken seems magical
I agree. While I completely respect their efforts compared to the Madden team, some of their bugs make me wonder what the team of QA testers was testing.

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
I agree. While I completely respect their efforts compared to the Madden team, some of their bugs make me wonder what the team of QA testers was testing.

Well, better that they have faulty QA people on NCAA, than Faulty Online Franchise Developers on Madden.

:/

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Well, better that they have faulty QA people on NCAA, than Faulty Online Franchise Developers on Madden.

:/

I actually disagree, Online Franchise in Madden was still serviceable. If there are core gameplay bugs with NCAA that'd be a showstopper for me.

LukeSmith said:
I actually disagree, Online Franchise in Madden was still serviceable. If there are core gameplay bugs with NCAA that'd be a showstopper for me.

It only happens every once in a while so I can handle that until a patch fixes it. You can break out of that animation (or just avoid calling the play altogether) when both teams are user controlled. It sucks but it's not a gamebreaker for me.

Having your playoff fate and/or draft status decided by a faulty tiebreaking scheme is worse, IMO.

BigAT

There's a good file on the gamer tag "Petey Kirch". He's one of the guys working on the OS roster and he has the majority of teams, but it still isn't complete yet. Still, it's a very solid file until the proper one is finished.

dexterslu

I'm interested in the online dynasty, would want to use Michigan State.

Just picked it up about an hour ago and am super impressed by the presentation, the pre-game stuff is pretty rad.

Lonestar

my copy arrived from Dell, it's sitting at the house right now.

I hated that Dell made me worry about when it was going to get here, but it's here on the actual launch date, for $20 less.

So...

Borat_Great_Success.jpg

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
my copy arrived from Dell, it's sitting at the house right now.

I hated that Dell made me worry about when it was going to get here, but it's here on the actual launch date, for $20 less.

So...

Borat_Great_Success.jpg
Same here, about to pop it in :)

DCX

Top Bottom