• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 10 Online Dynasty Thread

Good game, Kan. I couldn't hold on to the ball, and you couldn't help but throw the ball to my team. It just worked out in my favor that interceptions are easier to return for touchdowns.

Can't wait to do this again in next year's game!

TheCrow

Just want to say huge thanks to GCQ for doing this yet again. I can honestly say I got my $60 worth out of NCAA this year because of this online dynasty. I had a great time playing with fellow gaffers and look forward to seeing you all next year, at least in Madden. I'm still on the fence on whether I get NCAA 11, it depends on what improvements are made to online dynasty and how it differentiates itself from Madden.

Anyway, I appreciate all the time and work you put in to make this all work, GCQ.

GCQuinton

With that all wrapped up, thanks everybody for playing! I don't think we were ever at full capacity, but the folks who did stick around did for the long haul and it's greatly appreciated.

As I've mentioned before, let's use this thread for ideas/suggestions for NCAA '11's league. I don't know if FMT and the other Madden guys will be running one or not, but I'd like to think I've proven myself as a commish at this point. So whatever they decide to do, I'll definitely be running mine like I have for the last two seasons.

For those currently on the fence, I hope you all come back but I'm cool with waiting on further announcements on the game before you come to that decision.

GCQuinton said:
With that all wrapped up, thanks everybody for playing! I don't think we were ever at full capacity, but the folks who did stick around did for the long haul and it's greatly appreciated.

As I've mentioned before, let's use this thread for ideas/suggestions for NCAA '11's league. I don't know if FMT and the other Madden guys will be running one or not, but I'd like to think I've proven myself as a commish at this point. So whatever they decide to do, I'll definitely be running mine like I have for the last two seasons.

For those currently on the fence, I hope you all come back but I'm cool with waiting on further announcements on the game before you come to that decision.

With what I've seen of the game recently in their blogs, I'm in.

GCQuinton

New NCAA 11 Blog: Pregame Entrances

smoke.jpg

Play_like.jpg

howards_rock.jpg

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=Entrances

Finally back in after being present last-gen, but I imagine online folks pressing A and skipping over it anyway.

I'm skipping over the Clemson entrance for sure. I mean, who wants to see a bunch of grown men pet a rock before playing football.

:D

GCQuinton

With "NCAA Football 09", EA Sports introduced football fans to their version of an online dynasty where gamers were able to play in a conference with up to 12 players, but managing your school had to be done through the console. This year, the team behind "NCAA Football 11" is finally taking the feature full-force to the Web, enabling gamers to log onto their dynasty anywhere they have access to the Internet, whether it's on a computer, iPhone, or even an iPad.

Posted on the Gaming Side, but if you haven't seen it, it's new to you!

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vid...l-11-takes-dynasty-web?readmore=fullstory&654

My job just got a LOT easier :lol

Striker

Game sounds so good. GCQ, you ran a great dynasty in '09 when I participated, and assuming the demo rolls out and is fun as expected, I would love to join your league again for '11, if it's cool with you.

Unsure how you will do teams again, but I'm thinking of rolling with Ohio U., who are probably 1-2 stars. :lol

Azwethinkweiz said:
If Clemson is above a 3* squad, I better get grandfathered in.

I didn't get to keep Bama so you better not get to keep Clemson! :D

Of course, with the new recruiting AI maybe we'll go back to being able to use our teams.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
storybook77 said:
Yea, I was referring to GCQ's league. You OG Madden guys can have your little league too. :D

I also have another advantage in getting Alabama again!

It's my turn :p

OG League: me
GCQ's League: you (OG league ended before GCQ's did)
Skip this past seasons version
My turn!

We'll just play against each other weekly, both being Alabama. The All Alabama Bowl (AKA A-Day Game)

Lonestar said:
I also have another advantage in getting Alabama again!

It's my turn :p

OG League: me
GCQ's League: you (OG league ended before GCQ's did)
Skip this past seasons version
My turn!

We'll just play against each other weekly, both being Alabama. The All Alabama Bowl (AKA A-Day Game)

One of us has to use Ingram and the other Richardson....may the best RB win. :)

Lonestar said:
SEC's gonna rob the ACC, leaving Clemson alone with Boston College, Duck, and one of those Virgin teams.

I just don't see them taking GT. Why would you want a team already inside your footprint that can't even fill their small 50k seat stadium IN THE MIDDLE OF FUCKING ATLANTA.

Lonestar

Azwethinkweiz said:
I just don't see them taking GT. Why would you want a team already inside your footprint that can't even fill their small 50k seat stadium IN THE MIDDLE OF FUCKING ATLANTA.

All very valid reasons to not pick them up.

Only Valid reasons, would be to make the GT/UGA rivalry game meaningful (and open up an OOC game for both teams. Plus, GT was a founding member of the SEC, so it'd be a homecoming.

But yeah, their fanbase is not wanted. Simply because they don't really exist.

GCQuinton

The events in the "OG" Universe don't factor into the events of the "GCQ" Universe at all. Consider it an alternate timeline. Non-canon, if you will.

As far as "who gets what team" goes, I see it like this: story was around all of last season and in '09. He's got tenure in the leagues I've run. So if (and I wanna repeat, IF, nothing's decided yet) we go with open teams this year, Bama's his if he wants them. If he wants to play somebody for the right to them, that's on him.

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
I think the Hokies would give all you fools a run for your money.

They are a team I would like to see, yes.
They've got a Coach that I feel "fits in" with SEC Principles.
Passionate Fanbase
But they have the Vick family as alumni.

Hmmm.

It's strange. Before the whole Franchione thing, I'd have no problem with Texas A&M coming. They've always had this sort of bond with Alabama. But now, even though Fran's long gone, the bitterness still reeks it's head now and again. Even though Alabama is better than it has been in 3 decades.

I was around in 09 as UGA for awhile, I can't remember if it ended or I departed.
Would have been around last season if the game would let me stay connected.

DenogginizerOS said:
I think the Hokies would give all you fools a run for your money.

Man, none of those SEC schools wanna travel to the cold ass mountains of VA in the middle of November.

That's really the only thing I got against VT.

GCQuinton said:
The events in the "OG" Universe don't factor into the events of the "GCQ" Universe at all. Consider it an alternate timeline. Non-canon, if you will.

As far as "who gets what team" goes, I see it like this: story was around all of last season and in '09. He's got tenure in the leagues I've run. So if (and I wanna repeat, IF, nothing's decided yet) we go with open teams this year, Bama's his if he wants them. If he wants to play somebody for the right to them, that's on him.

The open teams thing was just a speculation on my part but I figured you'd wait and see how much of an impact the changes they've made actually make in the grand scheme of things. So Az would be able to actually manage to convince recruits to come to his school and pet his rock over coming to a school with an actual chance to win something. :D

storybook77 said:
The open teams thing was just a speculation on my part but I figured you'd wait and see how much of an impact the changes they've made actually make in the grand scheme of things. So Az would be able to actually manage to convince recruits to come to his school and pet his rock over coming to a school with an actual chance to win something. :D

Raise your hand if you actually took your team to and won the national championship last year....

NOT SO FAST, STORY!

Lonestar

I would have taken the Shaw Raider's to the Championship.
My NCAA 09 Recruiting ability was the stuff of LEGENDS.

BTW, is NCAA 11 going to have SANCTION MODE?

Azwethinkweiz said:
Raise your hand if you actually took your team to and won the national championship last year....

NOT SO FAST, STORY!

I wasn't loaded with speed backs either you son of a bitch! :lol

I look forward to renewing our rivalry whether it be in conference or out of conference games!

Top Bottom