• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
PSU is gonna get wiped out for a few years though, right? Those guys will transfer

BigAT

PSU is gonna get wiped out for a few years though, right? Those guys will transfer

Unfortunately, I have no faith that the NCAA will actually do anything against PSU. It's such a toothless, corrupt organization I could see them just ignoring the situation and saying it is outside of their jurisdiction.

I believe one of their lawyers (or high up administrators) has already said that what happened at Penn State did not constitute "lack of institutional control" as defined by the NCAA. Un-fucking-believable. And this comment was made after the Freeh Report's release this morning.

GCQuinton

Okay, so the following two Gamertags have fully named rosters:

Rebelfan1611
pastapadre

I've said for a while now that I'm not a fan of people going in and making ratings changes to the rosters and all I want is them named, so I'm all to good for us to get started with either one of these. I'll leave it up to you guys, though.

Nightz

Unfortunately neither of those rosters have the projected starting QB for SDSU, Ryan Katz, who was a transfer from Oregon State.

GCQuinton

Unfortunately neither of those rosters have the projected starting QB for SDSU, Ryan Katz, who was a transfer from Oregon State.

If he isn't then he wasn't in the game to begin with, which is the case for a lot of teams. Is he supposed to be that much better than the QBs on the game's roster?

Nightz

If he isn't then he wasn't in the game to begin with, which is the case for a lot of teams. Is he supposed to be that much better than the QBs on the game's roster?

Possibly. I don't know much about him, but he's taken the starting spot right after transferring to SDSU for what it's worth. What's weird is the other big transfer on the team is on the roster.

Anyways, Katz is a senior so he'll be gone after the first year, so it's not a huge deal if I don't have him. It would be nice for sure, but I won't make a fuss if everyone else decides to start the league.

GCQuinton

Waiting for everyone else to chime in. If we get seven thumbs up, I'll launch the league. If not, we'll wait for the Community rosters. My vote: launch today with one of the above rosters.

I've also sent a PM to EEK Tha Cat to make sure he's still in, since we haven't heard from him in this thread so far. If I don't hear from him by the time I launch the league, his spot will go to Righty10 who is first on the waiting list.

Ramirez

I leave for vacation tommorrow. Ill be back sunday night, so launching it tonight would be ideal for me. I don't want to miss the initial recruiting.

BigAT

If it's only a couple of days more for community, I say wait for them. If not, go ahead and launch with whatever.

Waiting for everyone else to chime in. If we get seven thumbs up, I'll launch the league. If not, we'll wait for the Community rosters. My vote: launch today with one of the above rosters.

I've also sent a PM to EEK Tha Cat to make sure he's still in, since we haven't heard from him in this thread so far. If I don't hear from him by the time I launch the league, his spot will go to Righty10 who is first on the waiting list.
I'm fine with waiting for the OS Community rosters.

Striker

Joined another NCAA dynasty with a couple guys from work. Chose Penn State (my coaching prestige is baaaad!).

Recruiting is interesting. Should be fun.

Looks like Autopilot's getting some early work!

Yea, so just try to schedule my human opponents a game or two after the first week. I'll be at the beach getting some much needed R&R before the kids start back to school.

EDIT: Anyone else experiencing lockups, I think my 360 might be biting the dust. :(

GCQuinton

So, can we just start it Sunday night then? :p

Looks like we're gonna hold out for the Community rosters, so Saturday or Sunday is when we start. I won't start the schedules until everyone's signed in, so you should be okay.

Yea, so just try to schedule my human opponents a game or two after the first week. I'll be at the beach getting some much needed R&R before the kids start back to school.

EDIT: Anyone else experiencing lockups, I think my 360 might be biting the dust. :(

You being in the Big 12 should make that a little easier to do.

GCQuinton

Putting this out there now since I haven't heard from EEK Tha Cat since the interest thread a few weeks back. I've already PM'ed him, but if I don't hear from him by Sunday his spot goes to the first person on the waiting list (Righty10).

won the national championship with USU earlier today. I have a feeling i'm gonna get crushed in the season though. Some of the games I had to quit or rather I did quit because computer beating me that badly was just not acceptable lol.

Change your offensive gameplan tempo to conservative in the playcalling menu. It's NCAA's version of accelerated clock.

So are you saying once i'm in the 4th quarter and winning I should do this, or have it set like that the entire game?

they just need a button you can hold down to run out the clock, didn't Madden do that?

Striker

You should do it when you're wanting to run out the clock, simple as that. You don't want to keep it on in regular circumstances. It also eats away at your play clock, so your hot routes, audibles and whatnot have to be minimal.

GCQuinton

You should do it when you're wanting to run out the clock, simple as that. You don't want to keep it on in regular circumstances. It also eats away at your play clock, so your hot routes, audibles and whatnot have to be minimal.

^What Striker said.

Striker

In a dynasty with dudes from work, using Penn State. The CPU seems to be a big more aggressive offensively. Granted he didn't mess with sliders and just has it on All American default. I won big 45-7, but I did play little ol' Ohio Bobcats (lol).

Recruiting is definitely fun, and will be rewarding. Gives me hope to build up Ohio in our own.

Anyone else running into lockup issues? I can't advance to play USC in the second year of my Dynasty it locks up every time...so strange

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We played until May last year , what about you guys?

We did half your seasons in like 2 months. And we would have kept going if our league didnt glitch out. So the date you guys played to is irrelevant.

GCQuinton

im going off NCAA10 when our league wasnt ruined!

So you're pulling out stuff from three years ago? I'd love to hear where guys are getting your 'multiple seasons ahead' from. You guys were about 6-7 weeks ahead of us at the most last year, and that's only because we stopped play for a month to wait on the patch.

If history's any indication, I'll be surprised if you guys make it past November. If that. Madden will come out and it'll be an afterthought to you guys as usual.

Here's another little fun stat from the '10 season of games: Every member of this league who won a national championship that played Madden also went on to win the Super Bowl in the Madden league that year (Crow, AT). So who's really the B league?

GCQuinton

Just to double check: story and KanZolo are the only two people that aren't going to be around at some point starting at the end of the week, right? Trying to get this stuff straightened out ahead of time for scheduling when we do start.

Top Bottom