• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week One Games

NC State (GCQ) vs Fresno State (mik)
Kentucky (Ramirez) vs Ohio (Striker)
SMU (EEK tha Cat) vs San Diego State (Nightz)
Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs Utah State (BabeSlayer)
Rutgers (BigAT) vs Minnesota (BPH)

OPEN: #13 Kansas State (Az), Kansas (storybook)

Week One Headlines

Accept No Substitutes! The Premiere GAF NCAA League Is Back!
Legendary Coaches Flocking Out Of Retirement To Rebuild Teams
Kansas State Is The Only Team To Start Dynasty Ranked. Will They Stay That Way?
Two Newbies (EEK tha Cat, BabeSlayer) Enter The Fray, But For How Long??

The "There's No Player of the Week Yet" Poll of the Week

The Other League Will Crash And Burn By November. True/False

Game of the Week

Rutgers vs Minnesota

WEEK 1 DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!

GCQuinton

True.

Also, woot!

When are you free to throw down, bro?

Also, big thumbs up to everybody for signing in so fast. We went from launching the league to starting Week 1 in less than 12 hours!

*walks around thread, shakes everyone's hand*

ITT: Az finds out that GC gave everyone a practice week to get the jump on him.

j/k

Edit: Goddamn stupid EA defaulting to recruiting assist on.

online recruiting is a bust....too bad was hoping to be able to do it while i'm in class. Anyone else having better luck with it? I can see everyone but can't make phone calls or scout etc...

online recruiting is a bust....too bad was hoping to be able to do it while i'm in class. Anyone else having better luck with it? I can see everyone but can't make phone calls or scout etc...

Yeah nothing works for me on there. I tried to remove all the recruits it added for me but nothing works.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The "There's No Player of the Week Yet" Poll of the Week

The Other League Will Crash And Burn By November. True/False

Our league gets further in 3 months than you do in a lifetime

Striker

Striker, I'll be around tonight, possibly free today around 1 or so.
Sorry, I've been asleep. Work again tonight and tomorrow. But tomorrow I can play dependin on when you're available. For instance, if you want are free tomorrow around 11 AM or something I can play. Lemme know a time on here or AIM. I'll be available most of the day Friday also.

GCQuinton

Going to OT in the very first game. Crazy. GG as always, mik. Also, I'm shocked that I'm actually able to pass somewhat decently. We'll see how long that lasts!

mik

mik is unbeatable
Great game. I desperately need to find a DB that can cover an out. Man, zone--they got toasted either way as soon as your receiver planted his foot.

That first OT play was pretty bone-headed. But that's how I roll!

KanZolo

First Year in dynasty and he picks a team that is a rated D???

Edit: is there some bug that shows incorrect ratings at match up screen? Apparently they are 75 overall

First Year in dynasty and he picks a team that is a rated D???

Edit: is there some bug that shows incorrect ratings at match up screen? Apparently they are 75 overall

Nope they are just that bad.

But i'm a loyalist and wanted to play as a team I'd actually cheer for...guess i'll just take my lickings.

GCQuinton

If I could turn Army around last year (and Nightz with Navy, Drizz with Air Force), he's certainly got a shot with Utah State. Win your CPU games and you should do okay in recruiting.

GCQuinton

Title Update Details:

Hello NCAA Football fans, I'm Jason French, lead producer for NCAA Football 13. I'm here to give you some information on the post-release updates that we are currently working on.

Once the game was released, we started watching the forums and talking to our EA SPORTS Game Changers community to see what areas needed to be addressed. It came to our attention that there were two big issues that we were facing with the game and I commissioned a quick title update in order to get those two issues fixed as soon as possible. The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn't change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game. Once we became aware of these issues, we got fixes in and submitted a title update to Microsoft and Sony. The first title update in order to fix these two issues will be released on July 31st.

There is a work-around for the Dynasty crash until the patch is released. If you run into the crash loading in to game, you need to resave your dynasty file. You can do this by renaming your dynasty or making a change and triggering the auto-save feature. When you do this, it will optimize the file and you can continue playing.

We've taken a little more time for our second update, which should be released by Sony and Microsoft by the end of August.

We will be addressing the following issues that we have seen from our telemetry and heard about from our community:

Gameplay

Zone Defense has been updated.
We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.

Dynasty

Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
Custom Playbooks
Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in

Custom Playbooks.

Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
In addition, we will be adding a "Uniform Store" to the game. In the past, we have had a cut off of mid-April for uniform submissions from schools in order to get them onto our disc in time. Sometimes those came in after the deadline and we would have to wait until the following year in order to get those default uniforms in. The "Uniform Store" will allow us to give you updated uniforms during the season. If it's an update to a team's default uniform, you will get those uniforms at no additional charge, via download in the store if and when available.

After these title updates are released, we will continue to monitor forums and look at our internal telemetry to see if there are additional updates we should release. The NCAA Football Development Team is committed to releasing a fun and stable product for all of its fans.

Two updates coming, one on 7/31 to fix the playcalling issue, and the big one for everything else mentioned above at the end of August.

http://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news/article/upcoming-ncaa-football-13-title-update-details

Title Update Details:

Two updates coming, one on 7/31 to fix the playcalling issue, and the big one for everything else mentioned above at the end of August.

http://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news/article/upcoming-ncaa-football-13-title-update-details

Sounds like they did a lot. We'll see how it turns out, I'm loving this game though. The passing game is so much better despite the odd issue here and there.

Its better than the Madden patches last year where they fixed 3 things that no one really cared about and were done. The Madden team didn't even put out an updated tuner last year, did they?

Top Bottom