• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NHL 2k7 (360) league interest thread

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Kingpen said:
I still am unable to send invites to Blackhawk2k3 and Chickengrease... I sent one to shpankE and HavocJ17 this morning.

I will try again to get this thing going tonight. 8 of the 16 teams are confirmed so far inside the games league setup.

Did you send one to Scaramanga OS?

Kingpen

I tried again to send invites to the holdovers that have not got signed up again tonight. For some reason the game is not letting these invites go through tonight. They are:

Scaramanga OS
JuanMR2
Sonki
Chickengrease
HavocJ17
TerraRhythm

We need these people to sign up in order to start the league.... Please try to sign up by joining the league with the League name and password (as blackhawk2k3 did)

GAFnhk2k7LEAGUE

The password is NEOGAF

FightyF

Banned
Sorry, I was out of town for the weekend and I should be able to accept tomorrow evening (hopefully, I lent out my projector to a nonprofit org for an event they will have in the evening, I should get it back before 10pm I hope!). I'll call Sonki and see what's up with him.

TheDuce22

Banned
I went to walmart to pick it up on saturday but they were sold out somehow. Ill definitely be signed up by tommorow (Tuesday) night. Just havent had a chance to hit ebgames.

GT is havocj17 btw.

Kingpen

Okay... I will try to add you with your new spelling of your tag...

The rest of you guys please try to sign up by searching for the league.

If not, then could the rest of you guys that are not signed up please validate that I have your xbox tags correct? I tried again this morning and still got the same results, so I think something is wrong with the spelling.

We are still waiting on these 6 people to sign up before we can start the league

shpankey

not an idiot
anyone up for a game on XBL? i've yet to play it online so just looking for a friendly before the league gets underway.

GT: shpankE

Osorio

For some reason, Gamefly is being really slow with shipping my NHL 2K7 so if I don't get it by tomorrow or Thursday I'll resign my spot since I don't want to slow you guys down.

Kingpen

We will probably just shrink the league if I can do that as the admin....

I'm going to give the rest of these guys till tomorrow night to sign up, cause the rest of us are waiting around.

Kingpen

We got 3 more people on tonight.. We are waiting for

Sonki
Chickengrease
TerraRhythm

I found that I can't shrink the league once it is set up. I am not holding these spots any longer. If these guys sign on, then great, but I am going to advertise that we have 3 openings in the main gaming thread.

Sonki.

Banned
Kingpen said:
We got 3 more people on tonight.. We are waiting for

Sonki
Chickengrease
TerraRhythm

I found that I can't shrink the league once it is set up. I am not holding these spots any longer. If these guys sign on, then great, but I am going to advertise that we have 3 openings in the main gaming thread.

I'll tell Terra too sign up tonight (my brother).. and I'll be up tomaroow hopefully.

But Don't make exceptions.. if you can get rid of it.. do it. I say this because I don't want people waiting behind on my expense.

Kingpen

The league starts when I fill 3 more slots in it....

Anyone can sign up at this point as it is first come, first serve...

Sonki.

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
Sign me up then for the Anaheim Ducks!! I will run and scoop up the game tonight!!

GT= Professa Skillz

**** dude, I just took the Ducks.

Some asshat took the Oilers without playing me for it.
WTF? I thought we listed the team names here for a reason.

I'm not sure if would could switch it. If you wanna play as the ducks. At this point I don't give a shit. The guy should have messaged me or something.

I went and rented the game, and the one timer money action is a bit much for me. Good luck with the league guys. Ducks are all yours Sonki

DenogginizerOS

Shawnwhann said:
I went and rented the game, and the one timer money action is a bit much for me. Good luck with the league guys. Ducks are all yours Sonki
Turn off auto-aim and adjust the slider. Plus, if you play defense and make sure your defenders don't let someone streak towards the net, problem solved. You can't rush the puck with multiple defenders and NOT expect to get burned.

Kingpen

I had stated that it was first come first serve for the last 3 spots since we were waiting so long. I totally ignored the team request list and told him it was alright just to try to get this league going.

I felt it was only fair to the rest of us who have been waiting to get this thing going.

Kingpen

We are down to 2 I believe, but need to check...

If any of you guys know someone that wants a slot, please get them signed up so we can get this puppy going.

I'll look for you sef..

Denogg and I had a tremendous game last night. he won 5-4 in OT

Kingpen

I had to watch Memoirs of a Gaisha last night with the wife... :lol

hopefully I will be able to play something tonight.

DenogginizerOS

Kingpen said:
I had to watch Memoirs of a Gaisha last night with the wife... :lol

hopefully I will be able to play something tonight.

My wife claimed the tv for Grey's anatomy reruns. :lol

Kingpen

damn it... we are one person short to start the league... If anyone knows anyone that wants to play, please get them in here....

TheDuce22

Banned
How the hell do you win games on All-Star? I must be doing something horribly wrong. I predict my first game to be a 30-0 loss.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
TheDuce22 said:
How the hell do you win games on All-Star? I must be doing something horribly wrong. I predict my first game to be a 30-0 loss.
Just start working your passes around a bit more. Call some plays, screen the goalie and send it shots from the point. Try to work some junk rebound goals in after the shot. On breakaways you can try the manual dekeing, but I'm terrible with that. I usually just rock the goalie one way and try to hold off my shot as long as possible and get the stick around the goalie. I use manual aim, but autoaim should be better if you're not putting any numbers up.

We need to fill one more slot for our league guys, doesn't anyone have any friends?! :)

Captain N

I picked up NHL 2K7 today and was wondering when you plan on starting the league..since I won't actually have the system until next friday (boring story).

Kingpen

We will start the league when we get one more person to join.... (of which we don't have) When you get your system, please sign up if interested

The details can be found in this thread in multiple places...

Kingpen

We have OFFICIALLY STARTED THE SEASON!

Please schedule your matchups on a weekly basis! There is a 10 game schedule that has been pre-generated. I didn't have any input as far as who got home and who got away (like I notice I only have 1 home game the whole time, but others don't seem to be like that - I Don't care) I will try to notify most of you that the season has started!

DenogginizerOS

GT: Denogginizer OS

AIM:Magnoggin

Send me a pm via AIM or send me a message via XBOX.com or through the dashborad if you are scheduled to playe me. We can play tonight, possibly.

sefskillz

Osorio said:
Sefskillz I'm good for playing tomorrow night. Just drop a time and I'm there.
ya anytime tonight should work for me. i get home between 6-7est and should be able to play anytime between then and 12est.

Kingpen

Sonki

We could play tonight as well... I'll send you a PM and already send you a friend invite.

I informed the wife about the league starting and that is going to take precedence over any stupid tv shows or movies.... :lol

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I don't know who I'm playing (Canucks) but I'm available to play:

Friday - 8:30 pm PST and afterwards
Saturday - 6 am PST through 12 noon PST
Sunday - 6 am PST through 2 pm PST

Let me know and we can DO THIS THANG

TheDuce22

Banned
BradVanDam said:
Signed up with the Calgary Flames

GT - BradVanDam

Sent you a friend invite. Looks like im playing you this week. Btw, anyone got any tips on how to score goals? How do you poke at a rebound. Or is that possible?

shpankey

not an idiot
dayamn, that's one long ass Madden game Juan! :D

lets get my beatdown over with... I anticipate getting embarrassed. i'm never any good online. but man this game is so fun and smooth, I actually don't mind getting whooped up on. :lol

JuanMR2

shpankey said:
dayamn, that's one long ass Madden game Juan! :D

lets get my beatdown over with... I anticipate getting embarrassed. i'm never any good online. but man this game is so fun and smooth, I actually don't mind getting whooped up on. :lol

Yeah sorry about that dude, gg though that was a lot of fun. Way more fun than the Madden League. Online League integration is awesome.

Osorio

Sorry about last night Sefskillz, my internet went out for some reason. Is Thursday night alright with you?

sefskillz

Osorio said:
Sorry about last night Sefskillz, my internet went out for some reason. Is Thursday night alright with you?
ya that's fine. pretty much the same times i gave in the last post.

shpankey

not an idiot
JuanMR2 said:
Yeah sorry about that dude, gg though that was a lot of fun. Way more fun than the Madden League. Online League integration is awesome.
ya no prob. i was just razzin ya! ;)

and great game man, that was incredibly fun! the ending was so tense... so close, soo soo close, but yet so far away! :lol your defensive play was just too awesome. nicely done my man. i was lucky to only lose by one really, you had so many good scoring chances that didn't drop that could/should have.

anyhow, thanks again and good luck going forward. :)

Top Bottom