• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sports GAF Phantasy Star Blue Burst Thread. Dont Steal My Rare Bro!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
phantasy-star-online-blue-burst.jpg

The game that single handedly ruined any free time on the Dreamcast is Back.
Actually its been back for a while. But i just got a new Laptop.
. The best part, is that its completely free.

Yes, FREE

No cost. No Hunter licenses. FREE.

For those that dont know, Phantasy Star Online is an Action/RPG. Quite similar to the Diablo Series. Blue Blurst includes the episodes from the original DC game, Version 2 which was on the DC sequel and the Xbox/GC version, and Episode 4 (Episode 3 was the shitty card game on the GameCube) which is exclusive to the PC.

Sega doesnt actually sell the game anymore, and have long since removed the Hunter servers, so the game runs off Private Servers.

You can download the full game with all the patches and fixes here:
http://www.schtserv.com/download.php

Its on Megashare so depending on the time of day you start the download, it might take a while.

You also have to register on their site to use their private server. Again, completely free. Just fill out the forms and click the link in the confirmation EMail.

After you install it, Run the game off the Online.EXE file in the folder, not the shortcut it gives you.

Your Antivirus Can and WILL cock block this game. So deal with that before you start it up. Also depending what OS your running, you might have to set certain permissions and things of that nature. I have Windows 7 and the only thing i had to really do was disable my Anti Virus before i started playing.

If you do have trouble, the Message boards on that website seem to have an answer for any problems you my encounter
http://schtserv.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=65

We'll get an official Ship and Block once i find out Which ships are always up and arent constantly too full.

Random Info

- The game does support game pads, including the 360 controller
- PSO is basically how you remember it besides a few server side changes. These guys made it so your Hunter ID doesnt effect the items you can find, so everyone has a equal chance to find every item. The also included some Japan exclusive items into the game.
- There is an option to turn on item sharing which distributes the items evenly. I wont be turning that on.
- This game is basically 10 years old. So it looks like a Dreamcast game. Which also means damn near any rig can run it. I think Recomended specs on it is like 256 Megs of Ram. Im pretty sure you all can handle that
- Did i mention this is a great way to pass the time when someone is Airbrian'ing your particular league?

TheCrow

Nice thread. I'll probably be on tonight. I might even pull an all nighter. :D Fuck you CB for ruining my sleep habits even more.

The game runs well on my netbook on the lowest settings. Once I get my gaming laptop in about a month, I'll be able to play at a resolution higher than 640x480. :lol

CB3

viakado said:
can we do trades here?

Yes! There is even a trade window so people cant pull those trade Hoaxes Zep style like in the original DC version

TheCrow

When kind of classes will you all be running with? I'm leaning toward a ranger despite having to run around enemies to get shots in.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oh no, you're trying to bring it back!

Only way I figure I'd have enough time to play this, is to quit something else. Maybe at the end of this Madden season.

CB3

Lonestar said:
Oh no, you're trying to bring it back!

Only way I figure I'd have enough time to play this, is to quit something else. Maybe at the end of this Madden season.

kate-wehavetogoback.jpg

Free you say? Well then... Maybe later tonight I shall download.

I adore PSO, I still play 1&2 plus on the Gamecube offline from time to time.

Nightz

So I've never played any Phantasy Star games but I'm interested in playing this. Is it easy to get into, or do you need to have played the previous games to know what's going on?

Rorschach

Nightz said:
So I've never played any Phantasy Star games but I'm interested in playing this. Is it easy to get into, or do you need to have played the previous games to know what's going on?
Watered down Diablo clone. If you know how to press A three times in a row, you can play.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
Watered down Diablo clone. If you know how to press A three times in a row, you can play.

It's more than just pressing the A button 3 times in a row.

It's about WHEN to hit the A button, when you're using it 3 times in a row.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
It's more than just pressing the A button 3 times in a row.

It's about WHEN to hit the A button, when you're using it 3 times in a row.
We're all gamers here. We've done the three hit combo a billion times in our lives. I think he'll know what to do.

CB3

LiveWire said:
Yea PSO was fun for like 30 minutes on the Dreamcast. What we really need is an online Tecmo Bowl league.

But you cant make bad trades in that. And id probably crush you in that too

LiveWire

CB3 said:
But you cant make bad trades in that. And id probably crush you in that too

No it would be the 80s. I'd have the overrated power team. Except my team wouldn't lose the SuperBowl to the Broncos.

CB3

The Tecmo Bowl they are re-releasing will be current day. you'll still be stuck with Jason Cambell, at the bottom of the division

LiveWire

Interesting. I didn't see the most important words in that article though: online multi. Tecmo must know this is essential. I don't expect them to put in full league support (though wouldn't that be awesome), but they'd better get the online multiplayer in there. We can just have Sable program something to track our stats. :D

Top Bottom