• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

It's a little early, but the game is a month away so I want to get it started now!

Anyways, most of you know the rules, but for newcomers that are interested here is the low down:

1. this is a sim league. no going for it every 4th down, no running the no-huddle all game, no abuse of whatever exploit this years game has. just be cool man

2. we play 2 games a week. we advance every wednesday @ 9pm pst and every saturday at 9pm pst. if the games finish before then, we advance when the last game is finish. if you don't have the time to play 2 games a week, don't join. you'll just have people mad at you that are waiting to advance.

3. riffing on that, if you are easily angered and feel that losing may cause you to quit, then don't bother joining. we all lose. we all get screwed out of a win we deserved somehow. a guy gets lucky, your guy gets hurt, the madden AI gods decide to make your guys fumble or blow coverages or whatever. dealwithit.gif. venting is fine, but if you're going to throw a fit and quit every other week it's just not worth it to put yourself through that kind of situation!

4. the online franchise offseason will take a bit of your time. why? because we have the draft and we have to pretty much run our own version of free agency since EA gimped the online features. if you don't have the time to schedule this stuff then online franchise probably isn't for you.

5. Don't go for 2 every time because you can't kick. Everyone has to deal with the kicking problems, so you do too.

6. Regarding 4th downs, just be realistic guys. Don't make me spell out every possible situation, but use these as guidelines:

1. do not go for it on 4th down if you are winning.
2. do not go for it in 4th down in your own territory unless it is the 4th quarter and you are down by 2 scores or more OR it is your "final" drive
3. if you have a 4th down and you are on the cusp of FG range, it is ok to go for it so long as it's a 4th and 5 or less. example: 4th and 3 at your opponents 39 yard line. unless you have the raiders or packers this is a difficult FG and probably not going to go through. i have no problem with a 4th down in this scenario.
4. NO GOING FOR IT ON 4TH DOWN OF A GAME THAT YOU ARE WINNING OR TIED AND YOU ARE IN YOUR OWN TERRITORY

just use common sense and try to be realistic.

Start Date: When EA updates online rosters!

Difficulty: All-madden (i am open to discussion on this)
Time: 8 minutes with 15 second run off (i am open to discussion on this)

Waiting list:

1. mcneily
2. azwethinkweiz
3. Jarate
4. Lexxon
5. jacobs34
6. Kave_man
7. Gigglepoo (maybe?)

AFC East
Bills - Crip4Life (AIM - bigkryptic)
Dolphins - EZnark (AIM - bpqb7)
Jets - DenogginizerOS (AIM - Magnoggin)
Patriots - Lonestar

AFC North
Bengals - Sanjuro Tsubaki (AIM - sanjuromifune)
Browns - AkaBalla (AIM - ronn4180)
Ravens - peterb0y (No Messenger)
Steelers - Ramirez (AIM - CtownSkins3)

AFC South
Colts - LukeSmith (No Messenger)
Jaguars - McNei1y (No Messenger)
Texans - Smokey (AIM - dboythagr8)
Titans - Storybook (No Messenger)

AFC West
Broncos - TheCrow (AIM - gafthecrow)
Chargers - Nightz (AIM - nightzgaf )
Chiefs - Daw840 (AIM - daw840daw)
Raiders - Rorschach (AIM - hawakubo)

NFC East
Cowboys - Somnia (No Messenger)
Eagles - CB3 (AIM - thecoldone33)
Giants - Wellington (AIM - WellingtonGAF)
Redskins - Sableholic (AIM - sableholic)

NFC North
Bears - Mrbob (AIM - mrbob2k1)
Lions - Goldlion (AIM - goldlion054)
Packers - BigAT (AIM - CommandoAT)
Vikings - Miguel (AIM - molina118)

NFC South
Buccaneers - Dmczaf ( AIM - dmczafx23)
Falcons - DCX (AIM - DreamcastKC)
Panthers - GCQuinton (AIM - Wsv77 2K3)
Saints - Birdman (AIM - b1rdman02)

NFC West
49ers - FrenchMovieTheme (AIM - whossorrynow015)
Cardinals - Astrolad (No Messenger)
Seahawks - XXX
Rams - LiveWire (No Messenger)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Hey DCX:
rbjwo6.gif

In other news, September 25 is pretty late. A month from now is good

Somnia

Good....anything after Sept. 2nd is perfect due to my conference!

also :lol at Nightz - Chargers still being the only one thats flipped on the list.

DCX

DCX
napoleon.jpg

Due to our fearless leader. I will play Story for the Falcons now, come what may. Fuck it all.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Change me to the Giants!

Also, I'm cool with 8 mins. 7 would be good too.

Lastly, I know I was the guy saying to wait until final rosters but now that Bullick is in I don't think the Giants personnel will change anymore. Let's do this!

daw840

Subscribed....although I am very concerned about this years madden after that 61-58 game against Gold. ON ALL FUCKING MADDEN?!?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I just had a dream I beat Smokey for control of the Texans, so make the switch.

daw840

Time: 8 minutes with 20 second run off (i am open to discussion on this)

Can we do 15 seconds instead? With the damn strategy pad it makes it that much more difficult to change anything at the line.

DCX said:
napoleon.jpg

Due to our fearless leader. I will play Story for the Falcons now, come what may. Fuck it all.

DCX

So how is this handled? A one game playoff using equally matched teams? Or is it like a best of 3?

If I should lose, I still either want to get the Titans or at least have the chance to play for them before getting stuck with the shitty Rams again.

BigAT

daw840 said:
Can we do 15 seconds instead? With the damn strategy pad it makes it that much more difficult to change anything at the line.
The old controls should be patched in by the time we start.

Who am I fucking kidding? This is EA.

Nightz

Somnia said:
Good....anything after Sept. 2nd is perfect due to my conference!

also :lol at Nightz - Chargers still being the only one thats flipped on the list.
:lol Yeah that still bothers me.

Also, I just noticed the thread title: Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread. NCAA > Madden confirmed. :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I would prefer we wait until final cuts are made and the rosters are set. That will not have happened by September 5th, and most assuredly a patch/roster update will not have been released by then either.

As for All-Madden, I would like to know more as to why we are doing this. Is there a basis? I find All-Madden against the CPU to be quite cheap at times. I know we will all be going against human opponents, but I don't understand why there is a need to go to a higher difficulty. Perhaps there are issues that can be resolved with the next patch that will address the problems.

As for time, 8 minutes is fine with me but I think we should use a 15 second run-off simply because we don't know when this strategy pad issue will get resolved.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
daw840 said:
Subscribed....although I am very concerned about this years madden after that 61-58 game against Gold. ON ALL FUCKING MADDEN?!?

I think that was just a freak occurance. Our game was not nearly as high-powered.

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:
So how is this handled? A one game playoff using equally matched teams? Or is it like a best of 3?

If I should lose, I still either want to get the Titans or at least have the chance to play for them before getting stuck with the shitty Rams again.
I think people mentioned three games series. I would assume same team. Falcons vs Falcons. Would be the way id handle it.

DCX

DenogginizerOS said:
I would prefer we wait until final cuts are made and the rosters are set. That will not have happened by September 5th, and most assuredly a patch/roster update will not have been released by then either.

As for All-Madden, I would like to know more as to why we are doing this. Is there a basis? I find All-Madden against the CPU to be quite cheap at times. I know we will all be going against human opponents, but I don't understand why there is a need to go to a higher difficulty. Perhaps there are issues that can be resolved with the next patch that will address the problems.

As for time, 8 minutes is fine with me but I think we should use a 15 second run-off simply because we don't know when this strategy pad issue will get resolved.

All pro is garbage. Thats all there is to it. Play some human games on both and you will see. Dont judge against cpu.

Az I asked you a while ago if you were in and you were up in the air about it. I dont know that lj is playing so we will see how it shakes out.

Story I wont stick you with the rams, only dcx!

BigAT

I just finished up the regular season in the sim franchise I started and at first glance it appears that MTC is out.

There weren't a whole lot of opportunities to test it out, but there were five teams at 9-7 that were all tied for the final NFC wild card spot. The Panthers won the tiebreaker, beating out the Cowboys, Eagles, Falcons and Seahawks. I'm not completely positive they deserved the spot because the tiebreaker went as deep as common opponents and SOS and I was in no mood to figure that out, but they were definitely one of two teams left (Seahawks was the other) out of the five after I applied the initial tiebreaker steps.

So that's promising. The only other tie that existed was for the AFC East. The Jets were awarded the division over the Patriots, although they deserved it due to a sweep of the season series.

Smokey

To my enemies (3/4 of you):

I will not cuss you out
I will not run up the score
I will not snap my disc in half
I will not go through 2 controllers
I will not have drunk nights (well..maybe)

unless I get fake punted at the 30 yard line then its fuck ya to hell and back and it'll be shark week the rest of the season!

But I will...see you in Dallas.

Regards,
Smokey

Smokey said:
To my enemies (3/4 of you):

I will not cuss you out
I will not run up the score
I will not snap my disc in half
I will not go through 2 controllers
I will not have drunk nights (well..maybe)

unless I get fake punted at the 30 yard line then its fuck ya to hell and back and it'll be shark week the rest of the season!

But I will...see you in Dallas.

Regards,
Smokey

Please tell me what you recently posted in Hunter's thread (in response to the guy complaining about "sporto-age" before you edited it out :lol)

Mrbob

These things go a long time...we might want to wait another week to start it. Like September 13 when final rosters are out. I don't want to be crippled again like I was starting the franchise last season. Or Sept 6 whenever the final rosters hit.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
These things go a long time...we might want to wait another week to start it. Like September 13 when final rosters are out. I don't want to be crippled again like I was starting the franchise last season. Or Sept 6 whenever the final rosters hit.
Stfu bob Reach comes out on the 14th .

Mrbob said:

We started august 19th last year. We start sept 5th. Dealwithit.gif

Ramirez

I think you're going to see some inflated scores if you go with 8 minutes, I've been using 6 in all of my games and getting very realistic scores, so I think 7 would be fine.

Sanjuro

Running up the score is practically the worst, most unprofessional thing you can do in professional video game sports.

daw840

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Running up the score is practically the worst, most unprofessional thing you can do in professional video game sports.
:lol :lol

You'll do just fine here boy.....just fine.

Nightz

Donny_Moore The #madden11 online franchise roster update is live! about 3 hours ago via Twee

I guess online franchise roster updates are separate.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fuck, we drafting tonight CB? Every year you give me the shaft about drafting then every year talk smack about how my team sucks!

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Fuck, we drafting tonight CB? Every year you give me the shaft about drafting then every year talk smack about how my team sucks!

Seriously. It's like Andy Reid is running things around here.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Not only is it way early but is also on. Thursday night. Summer Thursdays are equivalent to Fridays for going out CB, wtf!

DenogginizerOS

FrenchMovieTheme said:
All pro is garbage. Thats all there is to it. Play some human games on both and you will see. Dont judge against cpu.

What am I looking for when comparing the two? I understand your wanting to make things better, but since you asked for our opinions, can you be more specific as to how they differ? Additionally, isn't it possible that All-Madden is compensating for issues in All-Pro that may later be addressed in a patch? My experience with All-madden is that is does more to promote gimmicks to overcome the aggressive CPU play (which will appear in human v human games I would think with players not controlled by the user) than it does to promote a more realistic football game. I am sure we can learn a lot from the tournament, so, perhaps we can just get more data before you commit to All-madden.

Ramirez

DenogginizerOS said:
What am I looking for when comparing the two? I understand your wanting to make things better, but since you asked for our opinions, can you be more specific as to how they differ? Additionally, isn't it possible that All-Madden is compensating for issues in All-Pro that may later be addressed in a patch? My experience with All-madden is that is does more to promote gimmicks to overcome the aggressive CPU play (which will appear in human v human games I would think with players not controlled by the user) than it does to promote a more realistic football game. I am sure we can learn a lot from the tournament, so, perhaps we can just get more data before you commit to All-madden.

All Pro results in pretty much 90% QB completion stats, huge runs being broke regularly, etc. All Madden eliminates most of those problems, and still manages to not be cheap.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
It was supposed to be tonight. But then fmt was like wait I have a concert lolz. so we gotta wait another week for him

DenogginizerOS

Ramirez said:
All Pro results in pretty much 90% QB completion stats, huge runs being broke regularly, etc. All Madden eliminates most of those problems, and still manages to not be cheap.
When we played a couple of days ago, was it on All-Madden or All-Pro?

Ramirez

DenogginizerOS said:
When we played a couple of days ago, was it on All-Madden or All-Pro?

It was All Pro, but my sister in law's b/f was talking to me the entire game, so I can't put much weight into it. :p

Rorschach

From the limited amount of 1v1 games I've played, I'd say All-Madden is the way to go. I was weary of it at first because of the OL issues, but DM managed to put up 18 points against me in All-Madden. That's way too many. I can only imagine All-Pro.

DenogginizerOS

Ramirez said:
It was All Pro, but my sister in law's b/f was talking to me the entire game, so I can't put much weight into it. :p
Thanks. Perhaps we should rematch on All-Madden with no distractions (just for shits and giggles). I will be free after my loss to CPU UVA this evening in NCAA.

Top Bottom