• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Nightz

All-Madden against CPU is such BS. The HB never goes down on the first hit.

Edit: Matt Cassel just broke two tackles from two linebackers.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the game came out 3 days ago, this happens every year with lag.

and i played dm without lag, i played ramirez and i don't remember it being very bad
I can't even play ram. T_T

But you're the guy that disconnected every game in 3v3! You've had problems, don't lie!

Somnia

Wellington said:
Played a game on All-Madden against Somnia. It wasn't too bad. I usually play practice on AM anyway so same shit.

My only Q is... Somnia just reminded me guys are still turning on dimes, I thought this new locomotion system was supposed to remedy that?

Somnia worse than CPU confirmed =( :lol

Rorschach

Locomotion gets rid of that stuck in the mud bullshit animation. It doesn't get rid of turning on a dime. It just makes them lean while doing it. :lol

DMczaf

I love Locomotion on offense, still getting used to it on defense in the open field. Gotta learn new pursuit angles.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
Have any of you even played a game without lag that wasn't in neighboring counties? I know I haven't. Gonna be real stupid when we're playing and the best kicker has 30 out of 60 XPs.

Me and FMT had little to no lag and we're on opposite ends of the country. The only game I've had crippling lag against was Goldlion, and even then it was playable.

Rors, I actually got on Halo last night and it told me my NAT wasn't open, I'm assuming when the power got knocked off a few days ago it messed with it. I think I fixed it though. :p

edit: Goldlion has Walmart internet confirmed.

daw840

Ramirez said:
Me and FMT had little to no lag and we're on opposite ends of the country. The only game I've had crippling lag against was Goldlion, and even then it was playable.

Hmm....I have the same experience. Everyone I have played BUT Goldlion has been relatively good.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
yeah so i forgot to change the draft time during lunch at work today so it kinda auto drafted :lol

Ill delete the old one and make a new one and get the invites out to everyone. Hopefully FMT wont have a Justin Beiber concert this time

BigAT

CB3 said:
yeah so i forgot to change the draft time during lunch at work today so it kinda auto drafted :lol

Ill delete the old one and make a new one and get the invites out to everyone. Hopefully FMT wont have a Justin Beiber concert this time
You're the worst commissioner since FMT.

CB3

BigAT said:
You're the worst commissioner since FMT.

Zing!

Yeah. Ive been busy non stop. combined with the fact im forgetful anyway and yeah....

Besides 2 people still wernt signed in. apparently they dont want in so ill have 2 find two more

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
Have any of you even played a game without lag that wasn't in neighboring counties? I know I haven't. Gonna be real stupid when we're playing and the best kicker has 30 out of 60 XPs.

I played Ramirez at like 1am PST and 4am his time and it was pretty darn close to lag free!

Ramirez

Yea, me and Luke didn't have any lag either, there was lag on the kicking meter, but I think that's gonna be in every game slightly.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:

Rors, I actually got on Halo last night and it told me my NAT wasn't open, I'm assuming when the power got knocked off a few days ago it messed with it. I think I fixed it though. :p

edit: Goldlion has Walmart internet confirmed.
We should try to play sometime, then. I can direct connect now too so I can try that and see what happens.

Bad news: so far, the tie breakers are still wrong and done by alphabetical order... hoping it changes when I advance to playoffs.

eznark

Banned
Bob and I had very little lag, although I had a weird, fully 1 second delay on a pass and Bob missed an extra point.

I played All-pro all day long (in randoms) then played Bob on All-Madden. There is a significant, absurd difference. We do NOT want to play on All-Pro.

Rorschach

A bit annoying, but gameflow is on by default in online franchise. You can't turn it off. So, you have to press X to get your playbook on every play.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
A bit annoying, but gameflow is on by default in online franchise. You can't turn it off. So, you have to press X to get your playbook on every play.

There's no option to turn it off? You've got to be kidding me...

Striker

Rorschach said:
:lol

They can't patch this?

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
There's no option to turn it off? You've got to be kidding me...
Nope. It's not gamebreaking or anything, but it is annoying as hell especially when you're trying to hurry up and call a play. If you press A, you're fucked. :lol

Ian is doing it to boost the gameflow numbers!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia said:
Wellie and I had pretty much zero lag except for the very beginning prior to kick off.
Correction, YOU had a lag free game.

I have yet to have a lag free 1v1 game. This is aggravating, especially with our new kick meter.

CB3

Wellington said:
Correction, YOU had a lag free game.

I have yet to have a lag free 1v1 game. This is aggravating, especially with our new kick meter.

I havent had a laggy game at all. seems like its you

CB3

wasnt even really him. your DB's had superpowers or something. My guys looked like the DB's and your DB's looked like WR's on my passing plays

Rorschach

Well, he threw up a few that fell at their feet. McRibb would have destroyed those and he would have scrambled better... and shrugged off all those sacks. :D

daw840 said:
Hmm....I have the same experience. Everyone I have played BUT Goldlion has been relatively good.

yea, the internet at my parents house has been a pain in the ass lately. I'm moving this weekend, so hopefully it will be better where i'm at

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
Nope. It's not gamebreaking or anything, but it is annoying as hell especially when you're trying to hurry up and call a play. If you press A, you're fucked. :lol

Ian is doing it to boost the gameflow numbers!

I wonder if the future they can do shit like the Monday Night Combat guys, where they can tune the fucking game without a patch. That shit is genius and so obvious that I can't believe no one thought of it before.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
I wonder if the future they can do shit like the Monday Night Combat guys, where they can tune the fucking game without a patch. That shit is genius and so obvious that I can't believe no one thought of it before.
I thought I heard DM say that the NCAA guys have that technology available.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Miguel said:
I'm up for some 3v3 or 1v1 tonight. Who's down?

I'll be good to go around 8pm central time til question marks.
I'm in! Tired as shit so I don't think I'm going out tonight.

Also, after sleeping on it, if the lag persists past launch week I don't know if I can play in this franchise. It's one thing if I just up and played games, but I don't. On average I spend three hours per league game. If all that prep goes out the window due to missed PATs and FGs, I'd be ready to blow my top after every game. Further, there are other guys that want to use the Giants. I wouldn't want to play, mold the team to what I want, then pass it off to someone else if I get fed up. It'd be like the Texans and the Chiefs rosters of last year :lol

We at least have a good long while before the league starts, I'm confident the issue will get cleared up.

BTW, CB, I hate you. Bartender last night would not shut up about stupid Tiki Barber and how I look like him. I started getting peppered with questions about potentially leaving my future pregnant wife. :|

Wellington said:
BTW, CB, I hate you. Bartender last night would not shut up about stupid Tiki Barber and how I look like him. I started getting peppered with questions about potentially leaving my future pregnant wife. :|

You can always give me her number. I've been told I look like Bruce Lee

Mrbob

Yeah the kicking meter is strange, now I understand the issues people have with it. You have to time the kick almost a second ahead or you'll completely miss it.

Top Bottom