• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OH SHIT! Tarantino ready to unsheath that Hanzo sword! He announces KILL BILL Vol.3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/di...ou-did-the-get-ready-for-kill-bill-vol-3-8152

Quentin announces it in this video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwMYuPJxAGw&feature=player_embedded#t=5m50s

At the 6:00 mark, Quentin finishes answering a question about a sequel to Pulp Fiction ("It'll never happen.") when he tells the host that she didn't ask him about Kill Bill and if he'd do a third volume. So she asks him. And he says "Yes."

Later on in the interview, he tells her that Vol. 3 won't happen for a couple of years because he wants ten years to have passed from the last film so the Bride has a decade of peace after what she just went through.

He says he wants 10 years to pass from the last one so Beatrix would have had a decade of peace and (slightly) hints that Copperhead's daughter will have grown up by then.

18800202_c5913dfca3.jpg

LCfiner

This quote

Later on in the interview, he tells her that Vol. 3 won't happen for a couple of years because he wants ten years to have passed from the last film so the Bride has a decade of peace after what she just went through.

just serves to make me feel ooooold :(

still, bring it on, Q + U

thirty

Banned
wtf, bill is dead. waiting 10 yrs? that could only mean that uma's now teen daughter gets revenge on her for killing her father.

so 2013? He should just make it now otherwise it becomes a nostalgia project and we all KNOW how those end up (Phantom menace, Indy 4, terminator 3, etc.)

Sleeker

thirty said:
wtf, bill is dead. waiting 10 yrs? that could only mean that uma's now teen daughter gets revenge on her for killing her father.

they could bring bill back, saying that he survived the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart....oh wait

Tim-E

Jak140 said:
I'm pretty sure he's said all of this before.

He has. I'm almost certain he talked about waiting like 10-15 years to make a third volume shortly after the movie released.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Tim-E said:
He has. I'm almost certain he talked about waiting like 10-15 years to make a third volume shortly after the movie released.

I remember the news of him saying this too. It was 10 years.

master15

As mentioned this is nothing new as Tarantino has already spoken about this to some effect way back after the release of Kill Bill 2.

Eh, frankly I can't confess to being particularly excited. More films like Jackie Brown sir, less films like Deathproof...

Jak140 said:
I'm pretty sure he's said all of this before.

He has, a long time ago. I thought this was some kind of official, we're doing it now sort of thing and I had preemptive shit starting to crawl out of my asshole, but yeah, this is nothing really new.

Cool that he's being more vocal about it though.

Tim-E

Until a Quentin Tarantino picture is in the process of shooting, I won't believe a word he says. He loves to bring up project ideas then never touch them.

master15 said:
More films like Jackie Brown sir, less films like Deathproof...

ka-ching

will never happen though, sadly. A highly intelligent movie like Jackie Brown flopped badly and the masses went to Kill Bill. KB3 is basically Tarantino's praying for box office. I don't really give a fuck, hated KB and loved JB

gdt

Anasui Kishibe said:
ka-ching

will never happen though, sadly. KB3 is basically Tarantino's praying for box office. I don't really give a fuck, hated KB

?

He made off/will make a lot of money from IB.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Kill Bill literally is my all time favourite film of all time. A part 3 with Nicky and Kiddo will sooth my soul.

black_13

Banned
Here I thought he's making it now.

We all knew he was gonna do it and he had mentioned before that he's gonna wait a few years before starting so the characters grow up a bit.

So old news for now.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Tim-E said:
Until a Quentin Tarantino picture is in the process of shooting, I won't believe a word he says. He loves to bring up project ideas then never touch them.

I am still waiting for the Vega brothers...

shintoki said:
Why? Overall, it's probably his best.
Nah, man. It really drags towards the end; like IB, it could've done with ten or so minutes shaved off the ending. It's definitely an underrated gem, though, and it got me to fall in love with the Delphonics. :D

On topic: put out The Whole Bloody Affair first, you ass. >:|

Blackace

Anasui Kishibe said:
ka-ching

will never happen though, sadly. A highly intelligent movie like Jackie Brown flopped badly and the masses went to Kill Bill. KB3 is basically Tarantino's praying for box office. I don't really give a fuck, hated KB and loved JB

This this this

hated every almost everything in KB..

I have really loved all his stuff up to KB tho

Jackie Brown is immensely good, and I find it about as rewatchable as Pulp Fiction. Maybe even more since there are a couple scenes in PF I don't digest. Tarantino's best effort and best movie to date

gdt5016 said:
?

He made off/will make a lot of money from IB.

oh shit forgot about IB:lol

well let's scrap that box office comment then

anaron

master15 said:
As mentioned this is nothing new as Tarantino has already spoken about this to some effect way back after the release of Kill Bill 2.
Yeah but it's really nice to see it being addressed again. Though...I kinda took the news as QT finally starting work on the script so I'm now feeling well, underwhelmed and stupid for thinking that. :lol

B.K.

Tokubetsu said:
Still waiting on The Whole Bloody Affair bluray and Grindhouse Collection.

If he's already planning a third movie, he should just push The Whole Bloody Affair back until after Vol. 3 is released and release a movie that puts all three into one long movie.

Blackace

DJ_Tet said:
I can't imagine why anyone would prefer Jackie Brown to Pulp Fiction.

Pulp Fiction is awesome... but the Mia Wallace story kind kills the whole mood of the flick imo.. maybe if it was in a different slot than it was, but it ruins the flow for me..

It is a toss up for me Pulp Fiction being my fav by a hair..

Just because Sam Jackson kills it

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I would rather see the whole bloody affair instead.

Blackace

ZephyrFate said:
Kill Bill is definitely Tarantino's best film, so this news is great.

We just don't agree on anything do we?

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Blackace said:
When it comes out in Japan I will tell you..
Whaaa?!?!?! You're in for a treat. It's pretty much a love letter to cinema meets "the art of dialogue". The advertisement is such a bait and switch, but it served its purpose; which was to get people into theaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom