• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OH SHIT! Tarantino ready to unsheath that Hanzo sword! He announces KILL BILL Vol.3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Blackace said:
some of my favorite movies came from his books..

Jackie Brown

Out of Sight (Michael Keeton plays the same ATF character Ray Nicolette in both)

Get Shorty (Be Cool was fun too but doesn't make my top list)

I've never seen Out of Sight, but I have to now. This man writes some of the best dialog in the business. Snappy as hell, just like it should be.

Vyer

bud said:
Slower pace, little to no action, all the differences of doing an actual adaptation of a previous work (I don't mean his homages or variations of film genres, JB does have that too obviously) rather than his own plot, focus on fewer characters, less humor and just overall less 'stylized' than Tarantino usually puts out.

Don't get me wrong it nails the blaxploitation tribute well and is a good film, but IMO very much less 'Tarantino' than his other work.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Scullibundo said:
After Vol. 2 he said it was on his mind. In this interview he forcibly told the woman interviewing him to ask him about whether or not Kill Bill 3 was coming.

In the past he said he wanted to wait 10 years. Well in a couple of year time it will have been ten years since he started production on Kill Bill.
So... the real news is that Tarantino likes to grab headlines? I think we knew that already, too.

GCX

I read an interview where Tarantino said he'll never make another "old man movie" like Jackie Brown.

Chemo

Tokubetsu said:
Jackie Brown is the only Tarantino flick I don't like.
That's funny, because it's the only film he's ever made that I consider to be great.

Vyer said:
JB is a fine movie, (mostly thanks to Grier and Jackson), but IMHO, if it's your favorite Tarantino movie then you really don't like Tarantino much.
Or maybe we just like great films better than good ones!

Solo

This is sort of non-news, Sculli. Its another of those famous vapor projects for QT, much like Vega Bros. Then again, up until a year ago, I never believed Inglourious Basterds would ever get made, so what do I know?

Anyways, if true, I fully DO NOT support this move. Not just because I think KB is QT's worst film (Sculli already tapped into that nicely), but because I feel this is a time when he needs to continue pressing on into new things and not starting to make sequels. If hes telling the truth in wanting to retire by 60, and given his film frequency, hes got at best 5 movies left in him. Lets not waste that by taking steps backwards.

Medalion

Banned
So this is like a black Oren-Iishi, another preteen assassin wannabe with a sword out to kill Black Mamba/The Bride.

I'll be there. I have Vol 1 on blu-ray, didn't enjoy Vol 2 much...too much talkie.

I wonder how they are going to do this one. Bill is actually dead in real life (David Carradine) unless he had some son and Beatrix's daughter is fighting her brother or something...

Javaman

This whole waiting thing is stupid. What if the child actors end up horrible for the role? Just pick new older actors who look like what the kids would look like.

Vyer said:
JB is a fine movie, (mostly thanks to Grier and Jackson), but IMHO, if it's your favorite Tarantino movie then you really don't like Tarantino much.

It's considerably different than most of his other stuff (not too mention it's an adaptation) with only Reservoir Dogs coming close.

It's one of my least favorite of his movies, though it's still very good.

this might be true, I was never into Tarantino's copy and paste shtick

jax (old)

Banned
gamergirly said:
I wonder how they are going to do this one. Bill is actually dead in real life (David Carradine) unless he had some son and Beatrix's daughter is fighting her brother or something...

?

bill died in 2. I have faith in Taratino in KB. i loved them both so much I double dipped and bought the blurays. mmm...

Chichikov

GDGF said:
I've never seen Out of Sight, but I have to now. This man writes some of the best dialog in the business. Snappy as hell, just like it should be.
Do it, do it now.
It’s a criminally underrated movie (I think it’s mostly getting a bad rap because Jennifer Lopez is in it) and really, it’s ten times better than anything Tarantino ever did.
But then again, Soderbergh is not a hack.

Quentin Tarantino confirmed he will be making the third installment of the "Kill Bill" series on Saturday at the Morelia International Film Festival.
There to promote "Inglorious Basterds"- the festival opener – the geek chic filmmaker wanted to give Uma Thurman's central character and her daughter Beebe 10 years of peace before the next bloody installment – which would push the project to 2014.

In a conference alongside "Basterd"star Eli Roth, he said that there would be one film in between, saying he was "wide open"to his next project. Tarantino added that he would like to do a "re-imagining"to a number of genres including a western or a 20s/30s "Pretty Boy Floyd"type gangster movie.

Tarantino also explained how he has more than enough material for more "Inglorious Basterds" installments saying that a future project could include a prequel or sequel.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118009525.html?categoryid=1043&cs=1

He's actually talking about when he's going to make it. Little bit more promising.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Great, just awesome.

Faster Nikki..Kill Kill .And IB in the dirty south are a dream come true.

I'll take any Tarantino movie I can get. KB Vol. 3, Inglourious Basterds sequel or prequel, a Western (PLEASE GOD MAKE A WESTERN QT), 20's Gangster flick....WHATEVER.

But seriously, he needs to make a true Western. Like really. Really. With a brand new Ennio Morricone soundtrack.....SERIOUSLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom