• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OH SHIT! Tarantino ready to unsheath that Hanzo sword! He announces KILL BILL Vol.3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Topher said:
Whaaa?!?!?! You're in for a treat. It's pretty much a love letter to cinema meets "the art of dialouge". The advertisement is such a bait and switch, but it served its purpose; which was to get people into theaters.

Well I knew he'd come back to form one day...

Kind of like Guy Ritchie and RocknRolla I have faith in him again!

harSon

Banned
Anasui Kishibe said:
ka-ching

will never happen though, sadly. A highly intelligent movie like Jackie Brown flopped badly and the masses went to Kill Bill. KB3 is basically Tarantino's praying for box office. I don't really give a fuck, hated KB and loved JB

Well, have Tarantino adapt another Elmore Leonard book :p

No one believed him when he said he was finally going to film Inglorious Basterds after tooling around with it for a decade, so I believe him now when he says he's going to make this.

Also,

Pulp Fiction > Inglorious Basterds > Kill Bill Vol. 1 > Rest

Kill Bill is definitely his best directorial work imo. . You can feel the love he felt when making that film. It also has one of the best-directed fight sequences put to film as well as one of my favourite tracking shots.

I can understand why some people don't like Kill Bill, in that it definitely feels like a more deliberately crafted piece and not, what I could best describe as a loose film like PF or JB. I think this is why well-reasoned folk like Solo don't gel with Kill Bill. However, people like Anasui (as always) appear to hate on it because it because it is the film that bridges the Tarantino afficianados and the mainstream masses. The mainstream appreciation and dissection of the film makes people like Anasui sick in the stomach, because they've violated that living-room space where his armchair resides, so he must distance himself from those people by turning his amateur criticisms toward the source of that disruption.

Do I think a Vol.3 could be anywhere as good as Vol.1 and Vol.2? No. But I too am in love with the characters and the world he has set up in KB. It just so happens that it was this month I decided to finally pull the Kill Bill (Carradine) production diary off the shelf and read it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Not a huge fan of the series, but still enjoy it quite a bit. I was wondering the other day if this was going to happen.

edit- I read above and it goes Pulp Fiction>Reservoir Dogs> Kill Bill>everything else (haven't seen inglorious yet)

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
worldrunover said:
But... Bill's dead. (in the movie and real life). Kind of anti-climatic to call it Kill Bill.

Kill Betty

We all know it will be about the little girl she killed the mom of in Kill Bill 1.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
-COOLIO- said:
i kind of wanted kiddo to live peacefully for the rest of her life : [

Kiddo! あなたおよび私は審議未了事項を有する !!!!

Blackace

Anticitizen One said:
Tarantino's best film was True Romance

All QT movies need more Walken... and Tony Soprano

Tokubetsu

Scullibundo said:
Kill Bill is definitely his best directorial work imo. . You can feel the love he felt when making that film. It also has one of the best-directed fight sequences put to film as well as one of my favourite tracking shots.

I can understand why some people don't like Kill Bill, in that it definitely feels like a more deliberately crafted piece and not, what I could best describe as a loose film like PF or JB. I think this is why well-reasoned folk like Solo don't gel with Kill Bill. However, people like Anasui (as always) appear to hate on it because it because it is the film that bridges the Tarantino afficianados and the mainstream masses. The mainstream appreciation and dissection of the film makes people like Anasui sick in the stomach, because they've violated that living-room space where his armchair resides, so he must distance himself from those people by turning his amateur criticisms toward the source of that disruption.

Do I think a Vol.3 could be anywhere as good as Vol.1 and Vol.2? No. But I too am in love with the characters and the world he has set up in KB. It just so happens that it was this month I decided to finally pull the Kill Bill (Carradine) production diary off the shelf and read it.

I agree but I definitely think Reservoir Dogs is his second strongest. There's so much weight to it that the ending gets me every time.

JGS

Banned
Scullibundo said:
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/di...ou-did-the-get-ready-for-kill-bill-vol-3-8152

Quentin announces it in this video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwMYuPJxAGw&feature=player_embedded#t=5m50s

He says he wants 10 years to pass from the last one so Beatrix would have had a decade of peace and (slightly) hints that Copperhead's daughter will have grown up by then.

I suppose they'll just rename it to Kill B, since Kill Bill part 3 isn't really workable
except as a Weekend at Bernie's type flick.

Blackace

ZephyrFate said:
No, we don't. That is the beauty of opinions. And we're both equally awesome for having such opposing perspectives.

No we're not! We both suck!!!!!

totowhoa

Banned
Cannot wait to see IB (fiance confirmed its greatness) and KB is still great in a general sense, fuck all haters.

Also, Blackace is the best fucking (consistently active) mod ever. For the millionth time ever (that I've seen) he's had a different opinion and not been a huge ass. Take note, other mods.

Stitch

Gold Member
So, what has happened to Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair? It seems that the DVD release really is coming ever closer, and work continues on the film all the while. Could we have this thing in our hands soon?

I’m not going to monkey around with the movie itself, but we’ve actually done a whole new section for the anime as the last thing . I actually wrote a much longer script for the anime section during O-Ren’s revenge chapter… I had the whole script written out shot for shot what it would be, so [I said], “Harvey, this literally would make it complete. This is everything I came up with and wrote when I wrote it.” So Production IG just did it, and I just need to work with them a little bit and go over it with them—and I’ll do that once this is officially behind me.
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/08/10...ew-anime-sequence-at-last-completed-and-more/

Blackace

sublime085 said:
He didn't direct that though.

But if we're counting stuff he wrote Natural Born Killers is definitely one of my favorites.

he hated NBK

Slurmer

Banned
Blackace said:
All QT movies need more Walken... and Tony Soprano

he was awesome in that movie!

"Now the first time you kill somebody, that's the hardest. I don't give a shit if you're fuckin' Wyatt Earp or Jack the Ripper. Remember that guy in Texas? The guy up in that fuckin' tower that killed all them people? I'll bet you green money that first little black dot he took a bead on, that was the bitch of the bunch. First one is tough, no fuckin' foolin'. The second one... the second one ain't no fuckin' Mardis Gras either, but it's better than the first one 'cause you still feel the same thing, y'know... except it's more diluted, y'know it's... it's better. I threw up on the first one, you believe that? Then the third one... the third one is easy, you level right off. It's no problem. Now... shit... now I do it just to watch their fuckin' expression change."

Rorschach

I hated 1 and liked 2. I know it's all 1 big movie, but that's how I feel!

I was gonna say I wanted him to squeeze some Michael Madsen in somehow, but then I looked at his IMDB and the asshole is in like 30+ upcoming movies. :lol

Mission

Ether_Snake said:
Kill Betty

We all know it will be about the little girl she killed the mom of in Kill Bill 1.

That's what he said a few years back IIRC. B.B. Kiddo vs. Nikki Green. Or perhaps after the last time he said time had to pass I just inferred it from what Kiddo said to Nikki after she killed her mom.

Veidt

I'm gonna have to go with:

Faster Nikki, Kill Kill

Veidt

BobTheFork said:
Oh please please please let El still be running around all messed up with no eyes.

I was thinking that Elle would train Nikki to Kill Beatrix. But Beatrix dies and Nikki ends up fighting Kiddo, for some reason.

Strange. I love KB v.1 and v.2 but not a big fan of another one.
I'm all for making something great and then moving onto something else.

Don't think it can match v.1 for me, it's still my fav of Q's.

Decado

I loved V.1, but V.2 almost put me to sleep it was paced so...deliberately.

Not sure how I feel about this since it appears he has returned to form with IB (after the terrible Death Proof). Still, at least I know the movie style will appeal to me, it is just a matter of whether he pulls it off or lets the pacing drag.

Vyer

JB is a fine movie, (mostly thanks to Grier and Jackson), but IMHO, if it's your favorite Tarantino movie then you really don't like Tarantino much.

It's considerably different than most of his other stuff (not too mention it's an adaptation) with only Reservoir Dogs coming close.

It's one of my least favorite of his movies, though it's still very good.

I find the development of a third volume unnecessary. However, I have faith that Tarantino will make this such an awesome film that I won't even hesitate to approve of its existence when seeing it in theaters.

GDGF

Soothsayer
harSon said:
Well, have Tarantino adapt another Elmore Leonard book :p

Dude is a fucking fantastic writer (talking about Elmore Leonard here)

I'd love to see this happen.

Blackace

GDGF said:
Dude is a fucking fantastic writer (talking about Elmore Leonard here)

I'd love to see this happen.

some of my favorite movies came from his books..

Jackie Brown

Out of Sight (Michael Keeton plays the same ATF character Ray Nicolette in both)

Get Shorty (Be Cool was fun too but doesn't make my top list)

I also would like to see QT or anyone else for that matter do more James Ellroy's stuff.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Tokubetsu said:
Jackie Brown is the only Tarantino flick I don't like.

This sadly.

I think KB3 could be good, but KB1/2 weren't my favourite Tarantino movies...

bud

Vyer said:
JB is a fine movie, (mostly thanks to Grier and Jackson), but IMHO, if it's your favorite Tarantino movie then you really don't like Tarantino much.

It's considerably different than most of his other stuff (not too mention it's an adaptation) with only Reservoir Dogs coming close.

how so?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
ToyMachine228 said:
This has been known forever. This isn't news.
Exactly, he said the same exact thing right after Vol. 2 was released. Nothing has changed.

Dan said:
Exactly, he said the same exact thing right after Vol. 2 was released. Nothing has changed.

After Vol. 2 he said it was on his mind. In this interview he forcibly told the woman interviewing him to ask him about whether or not Kill Bill 3 was coming.

In the past he said he wanted to wait 10 years. Well in a couple of year time it will have been ten years since he started production on Kill Bill.

Blackace

Vyer said:

Almost all of his movies are adaptions of something... that one just had a novel and he ran with it.

It is not different that what he had done up to that point, Kill Bill was a far different verve from his norm than JB was..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom