• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OK, all you dorks who claimed Equilibrium > Matrix needed to put the CRACK PIPE DOWN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just borrowed the DVD and saw it. I'm saying that it's a bad movie, but hokey factor is through da roof!

It's a cute movie, and enjoyable too, but you guys need to let go of your Matrix hate.

karasu

Thinking one movie is better than another isn't always about Hate. How Equilibrium is suppossedly hoakey and the Matrix isn't, I dont know.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Equilibrium blows The Matrix sequels into another plane of existence where only shitty fetish movies live.

Defensor said:
006 died too early into the film.

I know, but I like how later we find out that Ourumov didn't really kill him, when in reality he just faked it and resumed his role as a Grammaton Cleric working for the bad dudes in charge.

Wait, wtf?

nitewulf

matrix is a load of crap. aside from the first movie.
equilibrium is great. i'd love equilibrium regardless of my dislike for matrix, in fact i dont think the movies have anything in common besides trenchcoats.

and

gun kata > *

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Willco said:
Equilibrium blows The Matrix sequels into another plane of existence where only shitty fetish movies live.

Bound was not that bad of a movie

Dark City > Matrix > Equilibrium >>> Matrix Sequels

I don't even acknowledge the existence of the two sequels to the Matrix. I enjoyed Equilibrium but the low budget made me sorry that it didn't get higher production values. The original Matrix is a really good movie IMO. It had a pretty good story and some great action scequences. But, Jennifer Connelly + Keifer Sutherland + some really good cinematography = the best movie.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
7imz said:
Dark City > Equilibrium

Spot on with my opinion too, in fact Dark City was probably one of the best and most underrated sci-fi flicks in recent years & deserved greater praise than the Matrix and it's sequels & Equilibrium.

As for The Matrix, I can't seperate it from it's sequels as I can't unsee them, and like it or not the trilogy is the whole deal, the first doesn't stand alone and is dragged down by Reloaded & Revolutions, unwillingly, kicking & screaming maybe, but dragged down nontheless.

Freeburn.

I cannot understand all of this Reloaded/Revolutions hate. I mean, Ok, Revolutions was a little dodgy in places, but Reloaded was fantastic.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Reloaded was horrible. Revolutions was horriblerer!

How sad was it that both sequels were upstaged by a collection of animated shorts? Really! The Animatrix was a lot more enjoyable than those exercises in FILMMAKING FOR DUMMIES... 2 THE XTREME!.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
This meeting is over - get to your exits... agents are coming

AGENTS?!

It all went downhill for me from there. A lot of cool in the movie, just nothing had weight... I still like the first.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Equilibrium is like the end result of a kid born from 1984 & Brave New World and then committed incest with The Matrix.

Right down to the goddamned T shapes.

Cyan said:
Let me guess... you also like Star Wars Episode I better than Empire Strikes Back, right?

Uhh, you couldn't be any more wrong in your assumptions. Episode I was a complete and utter turd, and Empire was the absolute best thing to roll out from the Star Wars franchise. Irvin Kershner is a god.

Willco

Hollywood Square
levious said:
This meeting is over - get to your exits... agents are coming

AGENTS?!

It all went downhill for me from there. A lot of cool in the movie, just nothing had weight... I still like the first.

GODDAMN MORPHEUS U AIN'T NEVA GONNA CHANGE!

That was probably when I knew it was going to suck. Also, the speech with Morpheus in Zion where he yells like 13-year-old deaf kid hitting puberty trying to form words.

karasu

Error Macro said:
I cannot understand all of this Reloaded/Revolutions hate. I mean, Ok, Revolutions was a little dodgy in places, but Reloaded was fantastic.

I don't understand that at all. Not at all. You have people giving long drawn out speeches on shit that doesn't matter before testing out their kung fu grip, and everybody looks like they jumped out of the most generic wannabe cool comic or videogame in existence,a hero with no charisma or opinions whatsoever blah and blah and blah.

teepo

Matt said:
WTF are all you smoking? Equilibrium was pretty damm bad, saved only by its pretty cool fights.

this man speaks the truth. took me and my x five times to watch it and the only reason we got through it the 5th time is because my friend was in the room. what a piece of shit.

JackFrost2012 said:
My unsubstantiated opinion:

Dark City >> Matrix Reloaded > Equilibrium > Matrix >> Matrix Revolutions

I'll give you mine:

Matrix > Matrix Reloaded > Dark City > Matrix reloaded >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Equilibrium

border

Going into a seizure while shooting helps you hit targets, it's true!

Equilibrium is like a bad episode of the new version of the Outer Limits. There's almost no real satisfying action, and the premise is too stupid to carry the film alone.

way more

dog$ said:
Equilibrium is like the end result of a kid born from 1984 & Brave New World and then committed incest with The Matrix.

Right down to the goddamned T shapes.

That is one sexy offspring. Wasn't there ads for Equilibrium calling it the "pot smokers matrix?" What the fuck does that mean?

Dead

well not really...yet
Equilibrium is nothing compared to any matrix flick. and certainly shit compared to Dark City

on its own its still entertaining though nothing special.

JackFrost2012 said:
My unsubstantiated opinion:

Dark City >> Matrix Reloaded > Equilibrium > Matrix >> Matrix Revolutions
for me:

Matrix Reloaded > Dark City > Matrix > Matrix Revolutions >>>>>>>>>>>>equilibrium
reloaded is ahead of Dark City by virtue of its phenomenal action setpieces.

Im anxious to Hear Larry Wachowskis thoughts on the movies when he gives his interview/discussion/whatever next monday

DeadStar said:
Matrix Reloaded > Dark City > Matrix > Matrix Revolutions >>>>>>>>>>>>equilibrium
reloaded is ahead of Dark City by virtue of its phenomenal action setpieces.

Im anxious to Hear Larry Wachowskis thoughts on the movies when he gives his interview/discussion/whatever next monday

That's fine by me. My expectations for Equilibrium were very low, so I was pleasantly surprised. It's a bit goofy but fun in its goofy way. Christian Bale is cooler than Keanu Reeves. The first Matrix is just derivative, uncreative, and boring - meanwhile, Reloaded is fun and awesome! THAT'S RIGHT!

The thing I don't get is the people who like Revolutions more than Reloaded. Even if you think both movies are bad, it's hard to think of a single redeeming feature in Revolutions.

effzee

i watched equilibrium based solely on the glowing reviews i found no GA. it wasnt bad but it wasnt better than the matrix.

[steve austin]ohh hell noo [/steve austin]

wtf? i mean the gun shit was cool but it seemed to me like someone turned the lights off and we heard some shit and when the lights came back on people were dead. and the final fight was ahuge letdown. compare this to the matrix. there was more time and emphasis on the character and the story. the action is just amazing, and it till this day it holds up as some of the best. people hate on bullet time now cause its over used but when it first came...it was fucking amazing. and best of the final fight was LONG and EXCITING.

equilibrium i would call a B movie while the first Matrix was a A movie IMO.

i didnt dislike the sequels as much as everyone does, it did become the cool thing to do, but even the sequels had more action squeezed in between moments of speeches.

Shogmaster is my new best friend

*spins around like a retard and fires gun wildly killing all 200 enemy soldiers who have taken cover*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom