• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OK, all you dorks who claimed Equilibrium > Matrix needed to put the CRACK PIPE DOWN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

karasu

You're the one that doesn't get it lol

The Matrix tells you that people can plug a giant tentacle into the back of their head, go into a computer world, upload kung fu into their brains and perform all sorts of tom foolery, and you believe it.

Equlibrium tells you that a group of highly trained people study probability and hone their reflexes to the point that they can seemingly dodge bullets, and you don't believe it.

It's all sci fi, it's all make believe, and it's all implausible.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
karasu have you picked up any good MA movies lately? The last thing I picked up was Zatoichi and I still haven't watched it...

karasu

DarienA said:
karasu have you picked up any good MA movies lately? The last thing I picked up was Zatoichi and I still haven't watched it...

Not at all. Well, I've bought a few old Samurai movies. Sword of Doom, The Hiudden Fortress, things like that. Hong Kong may be coming back though. Johhny To has this new movie coming out called Throwdown, looks to have some nice Judo scenes.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
jett said:
Duncan or Connor?

Man that's hard... I like Connor because he's the original.... but I like Duncan because of his more MA-influenced take on sword-fighting... ... and I'll admit I really liked the Endgame.... Donnie Yen(Jin Ke) should have kicked Duncan's ass though. ;)

IMO that middle fight where Duncan fight's all of Jacob Kell's henchmen is the best fight in the movie... capped off by the final fight in that sequence with Yen.

border

I think that the difference is that people are able to imagine a future where computers can interact with the brain's neural inputs.........but common sense tells you that acting like a spaz in a gunfight will have an adverse effect on your accuracy and will make you more likely to get shot. 500 years in the future this will still be true, no matter how technology progresses.

karasu

Then for crying out loud, understand that he wasn't acting like a spaz and that there was a method behind it all. Kind of like if you're getting shot at, if you run in a straight line you're more likely to get hit, if you zig zag, or stay low, they're more likely to miss.

Neo had powers both inside and outside of The Matrix, with no deeper explanation than that he was an anomaly, who's complaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom