• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ok, I stopped Majoras Mask to boot up Zelda II: Adventure of Link

BenT

JackFrost2012 said:
upward thrust > downward thrust
No way! Why does his sword magically go all tiny when upthrusting? IT'S NOT REALISTIC AND IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Downward thrust, shizzle.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Greatest tactic ever in a video game = Go to swamp next to palace 2, and get into a fight with a hard monster. Go to left edge of the screen avoiding all the orange flying eagles. Take NES advantage and turn turbo on the B button to full. Place shoe on button.

This tactic will kill an endless supply of orange eagles and level you up. Just keep a watch on it when it gets to the level up screen cause you have to go pick a skill to level with the A button.

Jumpman

Dragona Akehi said:
Yeah it's in the sixth palace.

I'm still surprised the Cross got past NOA's heavy internal censorship...

Good point, but I don't think it was an isolated incident. The Castlevania games, although not made by Nintendo contained crosses, as well as "holy water."

Zelda II is a masterpiece. I can still come back to it and enjoy it as much as I did when it was released. I like all the Zelda games for different reasons, not really liking one more than another, and Zelda II has no trouble standing shoulder to shoulder with the rest of the games in the series.

AniHawk

Dragona Akehi said:
Yeah it's in the sixth palace.

I'm still surprised the Cross got past NOA's heavy internal censorship...

I must've missed it or something. I can't use it in the game at all.

SantaC

AniHawk said:
Maybe not the sixth, but you have to travel to the next continent through the caves, and through the maze with the invisible enemy areas. Later on if you're at the last or second to last, you have to go through the area with the giant fence, and the caves with the invisible enemies. It's fucking ridiculous.

ahyou meant the final palace

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
AniHawk said:
I must've missed it or something. I can't use it in the game at all.

It is not really a "useable" item. Just like the lamp or glove you get from earlier in the game, after you get it the power is utalized automatically. In the 6th palace (the dark purple one that you have to use the whistle to uncover), it is 2 elevators down and as far right as you can go.

Here is a map http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/file/zelda_ii_palace_6.gif

Best Zelda game ever......

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
zelda 2 rocks. only game in the series that i still have the patience for. really enjoyable and idiosyncratic swordplay. love the soundtrack too.

Top Bottom