• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMFG! Conquest 2 Announced!!!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Holy shit!!! Defintely never thought Conquest: The Frontier Wars would ever get a sequel, but apparantly someone likes me!

Conquest 2: The Vyrium Uprising

Looks like they have given it a nice graphical upgrade, added a new playable species and now have 4 single campaigns instead of the single one that the original had.

Screenies:

cq2_headquarters_at_night.jpg

cq2_terran_celareon_fight.jpg

cq2_gravity_well.jpg

See some more screenies/info as well as the official trailer Here.

Wicked god damn news!

Dave Long

Banned
I'm probably one of the <10 people excited by this news. When I heard they were making it awhile back, I thought it was a joke!

Yeah, I did, and really enjoyed it. A very tight and pleasantly unorthodox spin on a painfully orthodox genre. The #ga crowd played a number of matches online -- good stuff!

Dave Long

Banned
Woo! Maybe we'll get some multiplayer action then. I played online with Lee and Xemu. Xemu was using it for "research" at the time. (working on AoM) Had some good fights. Looking forward to this one!

Somebody else likes this game? Awesome.

I thought the main campaign got pretty painful later on as it turned into a rinse and repeat system, but a lot of the core gameplay concepts were fun, and the game was one of the few examples I can remember where a PC game demo came out of nowhere and convinced me to go buy the real deal the next day.

EDIT: The graphics look terrible but one can hope they will improve.

Meier said:
We need an Alpha Centauri 2.

I love that game, I own that game, but I have to admit I still don't understand a lot of the rules behind it. A lot of interface elements are just a total mystery to me. Thankfully understanding it all isn't that important, but it would be nice to know exactly why I need to suppress riots on occasion.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Crazymoogle said:
I love that game, I own that game, but I have to admit I still don't understand a lot of the rules behind it. A lot of interface elements are just a total mystery to me. Thankfully understanding it all isn't that important, but it would be nice to know exactly why I need to suppress riots on occasion.

It's been a long time, but there was a way to control your populous to keep them from rioting, some kind of rating that was adjusted depending on how you developed your cities.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I still play skirmishes on C:FW now and then. Online is pretty much done at this point as no one is playing, but thankfully the this game has some of the best skirmish playability in any RTS ever, and the AI actually plays well. C:FW2 can't come soon enough for me. Hopefully they get a good publisher who gives the game some backing, Ubisoft fucked the first one over tough.

Top Bottom