• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On Video: Israeli Soldiers Raid Homes, Question Kids as Young as 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroOman

Masked and armed Israeli soldiers have been recorded forcefully entering Palestinian homes and waking up, photographing and questioning children as young as nine.
The videos highlight Israeli efforts to track down young Palestinian rock throwers in the occupied West Bank, according to an Israeli rights group.

"We are getting reports of nightly searches by soldiers demanding that Palestinian kids be woken up," Sarit Michaeli, an activist working for B'Tselem human rights group, told NBC News. "The Palestinians in the West Bank live under Israeli military law so currently the army doesn't need a warrant or permit to enter Palestinian homes."

Since 2007, B'Tselem has handed out about 200 video cameras to Palestinians living in the West Bank so they could document their treatment at the hands of Israeli soldiers. The surge of documented night operations targeting children, however, is more recent.

ohSnIs8.jpg

A still from video provided by Israeli human rights organization B’Tselem shows a Palestinian boy being questioned by Israeli forces in the occupied West Bank on February 25.

One video shot by a B'Tselem volunteer on February 25 shows armed soldiers banging on a metal door at 2 a.m., according to the group.
"Why are you coming in the middle of the night?" an unidentified Palestinian father says to the soldiers.

"Why are you throwing at us rocks all the time," the soldier says.

"We didn't throw rocks," the father answers.

"Wake up everyone and bring them to the living room," the soldier responds.

The kids are woken one by one. Their father tries to calm them down while soldiers point their automatic rifles at them.

Then soldiers start questioning one of the children, a nine-year-old.
"Are you throwing rocks?" he asks.
The scared-looking boy looks up at the soldier and shakes his head.
"No," he says.
"Are you sure?" demands the soldier.
"Yes," the boy replies.

k3tclF8.jpg

The Israeli military acknowledged the videos were authentic when NBC News requested comment.

"The forces shown in the video operate in an area where there are frequent attempts, sometimes by minors, to maim and kill Israeli civilians," it said in a statement. "The [Israeli Defense Forces] carries out a vast range of activities, both overt and covert, to prevent situations in which terrorists hurl rocks at moving vehicles and within residential areas, endangering both Israelis and Palestinians."

The IDF would not say how many night operations it had conducted, or the number of children it had questioned and photographed. "We unfortunately don't elaborate about operational activity," an IDF spokesman said.

The IDF faces constant clashes in the West Bank, which Israel invaded in 1967 and considers part of its territory but that Palestinians consider part of a future state.
The soldiers who stormed Sameeh Daana's home at around 1:30 a.m. on February 24 were all wearing black masks, the 45-year-old said.

"They went into one room where nine-year-old Saddam was sleeping," he said. "I kept asking them to let me wake him up while they were outside the room because he will be terrified if they woke him."

The army refused and woke up Saddam at rifle point, Daana said.
"The soldiers questioned him in Hebrew and the boy doesn't even understand Hebrew. They questioned him about throwing stones," he added.

His child wet himself in fear when the soldiers burst into the home, and still hasn't fully recovered from the experience, Daana said. He added: "He has been living in a state of terror since then and he refuses to sleep alone but in his sister's room."

U can watch the video here

is this Ok?

Oberon

Banned
What a bunch of scum. Do they really thing this will make the situation any better? Or give them any information?
Poor child

Its really nice how Israel's egalitarian treatment of the West Bank makes it harder for the radicals in Gaza to recruit people.

UVG RAVEN

Banned
Isn't this because Palestinian soldiers use kids and women to attack people? Strap bombs on them, give them guns and hide in villages? I'm sure all those have something to do with it.
But still I do not condone what these soldiers are doing.

Isn't this because Palestinian soldiers use kids and women to attack people? Strap bombs on them, give them guns and hide in villages? I'm sure all those have something to do with it.

"I don't condone what those soldiers are doing...but those kids had it coming."

zeroOman

Don't put words into my mouth. I didn't say that. The way the thread is made, the OP makes it sound like Israelis just go around killing children for sport.

Where? all i did was copy and paste what was in the link even the article didn't come near what u are trying to say that.

nib95

Banned
Don't put words into my mouth. I didn't say that. The way the thread is made, the OP makes it sound like Israelis just go around killing children for sport.

But you did that yourself. The soldiers aren't even questioning them about bombs or anything of the sort (like the kid could even get hold of one), they are terrorising them about throwing stones. The rest you filled in yourself.

Ake

Neo Member

Got any sources for that claim? Pretty sure (like 100 %) that that doesn't happen, especially in the West Bank. Further they question them about throwing stones, not about bombs or guns etc.

jerry1594

No it's because kids are throwing rocks at soldiers. Says it in the first paragraph.

genjiZERO

You know, it's too nice of a day to spend it making a snarky comment so I'm just going to say you need to think more about what you've said here.

No, this doesn't happen.

RangerX

Banned
Of course its not fucking OK. The Israeli army are committing some of the most base human rights violations. Israel has ostracised themselves in the international community but unless the US imposes some kind of sanctions on these scumbags(Israeli politicians, not general citizens) these gross violations will continue.

B4D1E

I don't think it's ok for kids or anyone to be throwing stones at people.
Again, I don't condone the soldiers' behaviour.

They don't throw stones at people but at soldiers. I suggest you watch some videos on YT and see the balance of weapons between the kids and the occupants!

Terra

I love how those threads go down as a clusterfuck from day 1. Incredible.

If this continues, people will be throwing rocks/shooting each other/blowing people up for thousands of years to come. Stop the wars and fighting goddamn it. Help your neighbour instead.

Both israelis and palestinians has terrorists in their ranks, both among the people and in politics.
Both are equally to blame.
Equally to blame.

I love how those threads go down as a clusterfuck from day 1. Incredible.

If this continues, people will be throwing rocks/shooting each other/blowing people up for thousands of years to come. Stop the wars and fighting goddamn it. Help your neighbour instead.

Both israelis and palestinians has terrorists in their ranks, both among the people and in politics.
Both are equally to blame.
Equally to blame.

Both parties are the same.

Enzom21

Do you have links for this information?

What part of the OP makes it sound like that?

You would think Israel would atleast stop doing this kind of shit until ISIS goes away, I mean , this kind of shit is helping them recruit people

squidyj

I'll wait while you substantiate this claim about palestinian children.

G.ZZZ

Its really nice how Israel's egalitarian treatment of the West Bank makes it harder for the radicals in Gaza to recruit people.

This. Israel policies are just retarded, and anyone defending those warmongers which live on bloody money deserve to be ridiculed. Fuck war mongerers.

UVG RAVEN

Banned
They don't throw stones at people but at soldiers. I suggest you watch some videos on YT and see the balance of weapons between the kids and the occupants!

Do you have links for this information?

What part of the OP makes it sound like that?

I'll wait while you substantiate this claim about palestinian children.

First of all soldiers are people too.

Second, where have you guys been the for the past fifteen to ten years? Did you just start following the news yesterday or something?

Anyway, since you can't be bothered to do it, here you go:

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4701/child-suicide-bombers

http://www.idfblog.com/hamas/2013/0...arin-we-teach-our-kids-to-be-suicide-bombers/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3979887.stm

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4601244/n...blind-eye-child-suicide-bombers/#.VQXbWUIgZsM

Terra

One side continues to murder. The other side retaliates. You should stop being so obtuse. Both sides are most definitely NOT the same.

I can be just how obtuse I want to be.
And it is my clear view, that both the palestinians and israelis are equally to blame for the situation and escalating violence.

Heavens no. That'd be a waste of a good human shield.

I can be just how obtuse I want to be.
And it is my clear view, that both the palestinians and israelis are equally to blame for the situation and escalating violence.

It's the west bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom