• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One of the ports on my router stopped working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKluck

Banned
Got a D-Link DI-604. I use all the ports, then a couple days ago one of the computers can't access the network. I switch the port and it works on the other ports, other computers will not work on THAT port, which is port 4. Can't access internet, not even the router. But the light on the port flickers as if it is transmitting data when a computer is plugged into it.

Is it fucked? What is the deal? I didn't change any settings, move it, or do anything. It's the newest firmware, 3.36. No computer works on that port. But the other 3 ports work fine.

Diablos

A lot of routers tend to do that after a while... it's nothing out of the ordinary. Just rely on the other ports. How long have you had it? For as long as it took for that port to break, assume somewhere around the same amount of time (or maybe not, you'll have to wait and see) for the other one to break. If you just got it a couple weeks/months ago and it did that, then I'd return it if possible.

D-Link is one of the el cheapo brands, they most certainly aren't built to last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom