• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ace was 2nd in command to White Beard, making him one of the strongest human beings alive and got his shit stomped by Blackbeard

Blackbeard was probably always really strong, but just lacked a devil fruit. He apparently got the strongest of the devil fruits and now he's broken

Marco was second in command, Ace was in command of the second division.

smurfx

get some go again
Ace was 2nd in command to White Beard, making him one of the strongest human beings alive and got his shit stomped by Blackbeard

Blackbeard was probably always really strong, but just lacked a devil fruit. He apparently got the strongest of the devil fruits and now he's broken
most characters have a history that shows how they got strong. shanks was a stand out rookie on rogers ship and then went out on his own and climbed the ranks and became an emperor. we know blackbeard only went out on his own until he got that fruit. he wasn't a weakling at all and he was very powerful. he might of had a very tough upbringing that forced him to become strong.

Jarate

Banned
Marco was second in command, Ace was in command of the second division.

my bad, but still, took out Ace, who was supposed to be mad strong, and Thatch who was also a commander

most characters have a history that shows how they got strong. shanks was a stand out rookie on rogers ship and then went out on his own and climbed the ranks and became an emperor. we know blackbeard only went out on his own until he got that fruit. he wasn't a weakling at all but he was very powerful.

Blackbeard is supposed to be super patient and cunning. He never showed his ambitions and didnt want attention so he'd be more likely to get his devil fruit.

Lunar15

Blackbeard is so wild. Just the facts that the real Blackbeard himself is Oda's favorite pirate and the discovery of his ship being what caused Oda to start writing One Piece are huge indications that Blackbeard is definitely one of the most important characters in the series.

There's so many interesting things about him:

1. He gave Shanks a scar and doesn't seem to be afraid of him
2. He defeated and subdued Ace
3. He shares similar ideals as Luffy, but he's every bit the opposite.
4. Luffy's rubber powers naturally reflect everything, Blackbeard's naturally absorb everything
5. He used to have a claw weapon
6. He can use two devil's fruits
7. He's got a D. in his name.

I just really like Blackbeard as a foil to Luffy. They both share the same views on One Piece, its existence, and the need for people to dream, but they both have completely different ways of living out those views. Luffy would never ever kill a crewmate, but Blackbeard had zero qualms about doing it to get what he wanted. Luffy's always said that freedom is the ultimate goal, but Blackbeard presents the dangerous situation of a bad man gaining unlimited freedom.

LaneDS

You wanna buy them or you just want to read? If you just wanna read viz I believe gets there official releases on Mondays. If you wanna buy Amazon has the box sets with like 24 volumes each although there are only 3 right now

Just looking to stay current and wanting to know what my options are, short of going out and finding scans which I'm sure is still a thing. Happy to buy the volumes when they release, but if Viz is doing weekly online (I assume) releases that aren't too far behind that's cool too.

Just looking to stay current and wanting to know what my options are, short of going out and finding scans which I'm sure is still a thing. Happy to buy the volumes when they release, but if Viz is doing weekly online (I assume) releases that aren't too far behind that's cool too.
Yea im not 100% on the online thing. I believe you pay a subscription and than you can read om viz website. I just read scans and officially buy the volumes

Ray Down

Banned
Yes he does

It is whiteboard who is beardless

Lol what?! Whitebeard doesn't evn have a damm beard.

Edit:beaten like ace and Whitemoustache

Damn, obliterated like Marco.

Shanks thinks there is something weird about Blackbeard even before the nonsense with Whitebeard.

Unlike nearly everyone else in the series he knew Blackbeard was planning something considering how strong he was and all he did was hide in his commanders and Whitebeards shadow.

Though there's some discussion on if that's actually true or not...

Hes not a D in some ways since he fears the face of death like when he faced Whitebeard and he probably wouldn't smile if he died unlike the rest of the D's that have.

He has all the other traits, believing in ones one faith in there dreams/destiny and those of others, causing trouble where ever they go, etc.

Hes evil luffy and final villain.

LaneDS

Yea im not 100% on the online thing. I believe you pay a subscription and than you can read om viz website. I just read scans and officially buy the volumes

Thanks, seems like a good solution. Didn't realize they were now putting out release so quickly. It's like $26 for a year which seems fair, and maybe I'll find something else in there worth reading. Only downside is their back issues only extend back three months, which leaves me with a tiny gap between the end of Dressrosa where the anime is and where those back issues begin. Will probably just read scans for those chapters.

Thanks, seems like a good solution. Didn't realize they were now putting out release so quickly. It's like $26 for a year which seems fair, and maybe I'll find something else in there worth reading. Only downside is their back issues only extend back three months, which leaves me with a tiny gap between the end of Dressrosa where the anime is and where those back issues begin. Will probably just read scans for those chapters.
Yea dont miss out on any. Also good on you wanting to officially support the series as well

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hes not a D in some ways since he fears the face of death like when he faced Whitebeard and he probably wouldn't smile if he died unlike the rest of the D's that have.

He has all the other traits, believing in ones one faith in there dreams/destiny and those of others, causing trouble where ever they go, etc.

Hes evil luffy and final villain.

There's also that thing Whitebeard said. Also, I'm not sure he's the final villain.

smurfx

get some go again
There's also that thing Whitebeard said. Also, I'm not sure he's the final villain.
i think he will be the final pirate villain but somebody in the world government will be the final villain of the story. i also think that maybe somebody in his crew will kill him once he loses to luffy to get his fruit. since he is opposites with luffy then blackbeards crew won't be very loyal in the end and will betray him while luffy's crew are willing to die for him.

Ray Down

Banned

Unless Oda pulls a Necron I don't see how Blackbeard is not final villain but thats just me.

Im sure, seeing as how he took Marcos fruit. Im calling it!!

Naw, something tells me BB can only have two and hes hunting for his crew.

Laffitte will get Marco's fruit so he will become a flying devil phoenix.

Shiliew already has dips on Jozu diamond fruit.

Thats why Burgess wanted the flame fruit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i think he will be the final pirate villain but somebody in the world government will be the final villain of the story.

Agreed. The World Government will likely be the final bad guy.

Unless Oda pulls a Necron I don't see how Blackbeard is not final villain.

Not really. There's no reason to think Blackbeard is the final bad guy except that's how it's usually done.

GhostBed

Naw, something tells me BB can only have two and hes hunting for his crew.

3014986953_1_3_NPG0X2cZ.jpg

Blackbeard will have three devil fruit powers. Makes sense for Marco's power, a top tier ability, to go to Blackbeard.

Agreed. The World Government will likely be the final bad guy.

Not really. There's no reason to think Blackbeard is the final bad guy except that's how it's usually done.
Blackbeard is Luffy's "evil" parallel. Plenty of reason to think both he and Luffy will be facing each other in the end.
I'd say the more stereotypical route would be for him to face the WG in the end from what we've seen and what we know.
What ever is on raftel is the final boss.
What about what they do with the One Piece? Just landing on Raftel won't be the end of this story imo.
3014986953_1_3_NPG0X2cZ.jpg

Blackbeard will have three devil fruit powers. Makes sense for Marco's power, a top tier ability, to go to Blackbeard.
Agreed, but I don't think it'll be Marco. Could see him sniping a Yonkou's fruit, maybe Kaidou's since he's likely a Zoan to complete the set.
Yes he does

It is whiteboard who is beardless

Lol what?! Whitebeard doesn't evn have a damm beard.

Edit:beaten like ace and Whitemoustache
Edited, meant a decent black beard. That thing is practically stubble.

Whitebeard doesn't need a white beard because he's just awesome.

Fuck logic.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Look Sol i like you so I'll let you down easy. Shanks will die by blackbeards hands, yassop will be sniped in the head by van augur and mihawk will be cut down by shiliew of the rain(who will be named shiliew of the hail after backstabbing aokiji
In what universe is any of this easy

Damn dude

If Shanks goes down, it better be with an epic fight

GhostBed

No chance Black Beard beats Shanks without using some cheap trick. Shank's abilities are fucking horrifying if only because of how renowned and mysterious they are.

I think Kidd will be the one to kill Shanks, anyways. Black Beard doesn't seem to have much interest in the other yonkous as of yet.

No chance Black Beard beats Shanks without using some cheap trick. Shank's abilities are fucking horrifying if only because of how renowned and mysterious they are.

I think Kidd will be the one to kill Shanks, anyways. Black Beard doesn't seem to have much interest in the other yonkous as of yet.
Says blackbeard needs cheap tricks....than proceeds to say kid will kill shanks....ummm

Don't hate cloud! Blackbeard been crushing fans dreams ace? Beaten, whitebeard? Killed, whitebeard pirates? Massively defeated. The revs are next
Not sure about the Revs, think there will be a draw tbh. Blackbeard probably isn't interested in them unless they have something to do with finding Raftel or a Road Poneglyph.

I like your Shanks ideas tho, would give added motivation for the final fight and goals for the crew to surpass.

Not sure about the Revs, think there will be a draw tbh. Blackbeard probably isn't interested in them unless they have something to do with finding Raftel or a Road Poneglyph.

I like your Shanks ideas tho, would give added motivation for the final fight and goals for the crew to surpass.
Yea putting on a serious face i believe the revs are safe but i definitely see shanks and co going down

Whitebeard said that Blackbeard was not the one that Roger was looking for. Roger told Whitebeard about the will of D so you have to think that either Teach isn't a D, which is the simplest explanation, or that the will of D is a varied as devil fruit powers. Like there are different D bloodlines that can get corrupted or merge to grow more powerful.

How about this for a Blackbeard theory.

Blackbeard used to have two brothers who were both D like him. After he went to sea with Whitebeard they both died but after they died he realised that he had inherited their strength and personalities.

In his adventures Blackbeard is going to be responsible for the death of both of Luffy's brothers and their will is going to drive Luffy forward to defeat Blackbeard. Luffy will eat a second devil fruit. The obvious one would be the mera mera fruit but if the theory is true that will be a fruit that will already have lost to Blackbeard twice. Possibly, he could inherit whatever fruit Dragon has. Or, because of the direction of the plot and because the idea seems cool, Marco will explain will of D to him then sacrifice himself to give him his mythical zoan in a scene that mirrors Blackbeard stealing the earthquake power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom