• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright alright i got something for people who want female crew member and jinbe....
tumblr_nclx0xL8151t45pbyo1_500.gif

tumblr_ncomjgBQ6B1ssbae2o1_500.gif

Nami is already part of the crew.

she can't leave the revolutionaries and sabo. they are both going to take over when dragon is brutally murdered by the world government.
Nah blackbeard will wreck all of baltigo leaving the revs hurt and scattered koala joins the straw hats in search of sabo and co and ultimately decides to stay aftee they find them

#teamblackbeard

Red Fire

Nah blackbeard will wreck all of baltigo leaving the revs hurt and scattered koala joins the straw hats in search of sabo and co and ultimately decides to stay aftee they find them

#teamblackbeard

Blackleg, dude, you know i like you

But i can't be friends with anybody who is #teamblackbeard

Don't make me choose

TrueBlue

What's the general consensus ion the Punk Hazard arc? I'm buying the Viz volumes on my Kindle and reading them through the Shonen Jump app. Fishman Island was alright, thought I think my opinion my have been lesser if I was forced to read it at the pace it was published.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Punk Hazard is good because of its unique backstory, environment, and gimmicks (dragons, labs, poison gas, etc.) It's not really an arc that focuses on battles at all. Caesar Clown isn't the most powerful villain, but he is still dangerous in other ways.

It's a pretty light-hearted arc that reminds me of the early Grand Line chapters, when they were on their way to Arabasta. Lots of characters who are related to the major arc that comes next, lots of plot exposition and set-up, interesting environments, and gimmicky fights.

TrueBlue

Punk hazard is a better arc and it starts the Dressrosa major arc. But like Fishman it never really feels that the stakes are that high.

Punk Hazard is good because of its unique backstory, environment, and gimmicks (dragons, labs, poison gas, etc.) It's not really an arc that focuses on battles at all. Caesar Clown isn't the most powerful villain, but he is still dangerous in other ways.

It's a pretty light-hearted arc that reminds me of the early Grand Line chapters, when they were on their way to Arabasta. Lots of characters who are related to the major arc that comes next, lots of plot exposition and set-up, interesting environments, and gimmicky fights.

Alrighty then! Thanks guys!

Though looking at it now, I'm around 10 volumes behind. Considering each volume costs just under a fiver, I'm gonna have to take things slow....

Alvida is in love with Luffy? I thought she wanted to kill him.

Also Alvida the new Strawhat would be hilarious!

Chapter 98:

Alvida: Don't tell me.. you've forgotten my face...?
Luffy: I don't know any pretty ladies like you. Who are you? (lol what Nami would've said, Luffy?)
Alvida: I certainly haven't forgotten about you... after all, you were the first man to ever hit my beautiful face. That way you handled me so roughly... It left me breathless. [...] There is no man in the world that won't kneel before me. But you see, I only love strong men. I'll have you be mine at last, Luffy. s2 [...] In any case, if you're really fit to be my man, then you certainly can't afford to lose to this man! I've teamed up with him, exclusively for the purpose of finding you! (Buggy appears)

"We are Nami" still cracks me up. lmao

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Damn like that bro... I gotta chose you or Blackbeard pirates

The Blackbeard pirates will have epic showdowns.

Red Fire Will have no epic showdown with any yonko, revolutionaries or even have a fight with sanji. Because Sanji will have his own counter part in the Blackbeard pirates

#TeamBlackbeard

Red Fire Will have no epic showdown with any yonko, revolutionaries or even have a fight with sanji. Because Sanji will have his own counter part in the Blackbeard pirates

#TeamBlackbeard
Damn Rebel I was gonna let him down easy you messed up my plan!

I was gonna be like well alright I can't betray a fellow nakama and than wen he said we were cool I was gonna stab em in the back and yell...

#TeamBlackbeard

Red Fire

#TeamBlackbeard

Damn Rebel I was gonna let him down easy you messed up my plan!

I was gonna be like well alright I can't betray a fellow nakama and than wen he said we were cool I was gonna stab em in the back and yell...

#TeamBlackbeard

You guys are evil! I see, blackbeard already influenced your minds. You're victims of that sick fat bitch, wake up!!

#FuckBlackbeard

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Panda Man will turn out to be part of a huge plot twist and the final villain in the series.

He's the original D from hundreds of years ago, immortal from eating the original Devil's Fruit, and wears a panda mask to hide his face.

LaneDS

What's the best way to get official translated chapters in English? I was away from the series for two or three years, bought all the released volumes and then used what Hulu had up to try and finish Dressrosa (was shocked to see it still hasn't finished as recently as a week or two ago when they released the last episode on there), but now I'm stuck. Are the English Weekly Shounen Jump chapters close to the Japanese releases?

What's the best way to get official translated chapters in English? I was away from the series for two or three years, bought all the released volumes and then used what Hulu had up to try and finish Dressrosa (was shocked to see it still hasn't finished as recently as a week or two ago when they released the last episode on there), but now I'm stuck. Are the English Weekly Shounen Jump chapters close to the Japanese releases?
You wanna buy them or you just want to read? If you just wanna read viz I believe gets there official releases on Mondays. If you wanna buy Amazon has the box sets with like 24 volumes each although there are only 3 right now

smurfx

get some go again
He ate that like a tank! Not only is he still alive but he took his powers and his territory
i do wonder how blackbeard even got that strong and tough to begin with. luffy has fought top class opponents to get where he is now. i know blackbeard fought shanks but who else did he fight? he was a random pirate on whitebeard's ship so how did he power up? all the strong pirates on other ships likely fought whitebeard's commanders. did he gain his power before becoming a pirate and then joining whitebeard's crew?

i do wonder how blackbeard even got that strong and tough to begin with. luffy has fought top class opponents to get where he is now. i know blackbeard fought shanks but who else did he fight? he was a random pirate on whitebeard's ship so how did he power up? all the strong pirates on other ships likely fought whitebeard's commanders. did he gain his power before becoming a pirate and then joining whitebeard's crew?
Wasn't it said he has a weird body? I mean dude does tank a hell of a lot.

And seemingly he did damage to shanks and without the fruit

Jarate

Banned

Ace was 2nd in command to White Beard, making him one of the strongest human beings alive and got his shit stomped by Blackbeard

Blackbeard was probably always really strong, but just lacked a devil fruit. He apparently got the strongest of the devil fruits and now he's broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom