• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxn

That scene with Luffy and Brook drinking milk to heal had me rollin. That's the kind of gag humor I really love out of this series.

These next few chapters are gonna be straight insanity. Really excited to see who all shows up to the wedding. Plus it'll be great to finally see Capone's crew in action. I wanna see guns do some real damage for once in this series.

Stuff with Lola and the Elbaf king was super interesting. Who would've predicted that Lola was this important? I feel positive that we'll see her again now.

Great chapter all around.

Lola is gonna step in last minute and stop the war.

Spinx

One-Piece-Episode-778.jpg

Such an annoying voice. I hope she never joins.

Metal B

True. I remember being pretty surprised when she just showed up on the ship.
Fuck it, I'm on this Carrot nakama train, let's go.
There are only two possibilities now: She becomes part of the crew or she is the traitor. Creating hints, that she could possible join the crew, would be a great way to make the reader feel even more betrayed, when she finally reveals herself. Puddings face turn could just be a distraction, since nobody would expect Oda to pull the same trick twice.

There will be more broken hearts in comparison to Pudding.

But one argument against it: Why would she spy on Luffy's group? Zoro's group would be a much easier target, since they are on the way to gather intelligence from Wano directly, they could catch a samurai and take down Law. Only reason could be an assassination plot against Luffy or to get his trust, so she can strike at the right time.

There are only two possibilities now: She becomes part of the crew or she is the traitor. Creating hints, that she could possible join the crew, would be a great way to make the reader feel even more betrayed, when she finally reveals herself. Puddings face turn could just be a distraction, since nobody would expect Oda to pull the same trick twice.

There will be more broken hearts in comparison to Pudding.
She's the last person to ever genuinely feel like she fits in the crew since vivi her being a traitor would break my heart more than her not joining.

Luffy and Bege meeting went about as well as could be expected.

I died at how easily Luffy believed Caesar's lie.

Even more hints about Carrot joining the crew. It's happening, folks.

Luffy: ok we'll team up...let me punch you first

Lol what a start to an alliance

CC has stayed far longer than I ever thought he would back in punk hazard but it makes sense he's not some regular dude after all

LotusHD

Banned
Told y'all Carrot has a chance. Even chapter they just give more panels that make it seem like it will eventually happen. We'll see though.

Also LOL at Luffy fixing his teeth with milk. I bursted out laughing for a few seconds after reading that. Same with "Gangster Gastino"

Also shit got real for a second with Chiffon's thoughts about Big Mom.

Taborcarn

The Fishman treasure bomb is going to be in one box, and in another is going to be Caesar's rebuilt Smiley that he's been working on.

Luigi87

I still really want Carrot to join. I don't think she necessarily will, but she brings the kind of perspective Chopper does, but on the female side.

Anywho, this Gangster Gastino seems on the up and up!
Caesar Clown is pretty hilarious.

Ray Down

Banned
I still really want Carrot to join. I don't think she necessarily will, but she brings the kind of perspective Chopper does, but on the female side.

Anywho, this Gangster Gastino seems on the up and up!
Caesar Clown is pretty hilarious.

Which isn't special.

O ray accept it!

Anyway you know I don't think she will but I'd be ok with big mom going down this alliance ain't no joke, Capone ain't no push over, we all know luffy isn't, Jinbe is a monster and Gangster Gastino is fairly strong too honestly. Throw in the Vinsmokes, I'm sure there are more family members with ILL will toward mama like Lola's sister and it makes sense that's too much to handle

Daingurse

Yeah, I really think Carrot is going to be the next crew mate. I've had the opinion since Zou, but it only seems to be getting more and more likely to happen. Once I saw her do that drawing with bishonen Luffy and Sanji, I honestly thought it was a wrap right there. Her niche is going to be art, and it will be hilarious.

Geg

Also man I was so excited to see Luffy in gangster attire but the fact that he's still wearing shorts kind of ruins the look

Geg

I certainly want Carrot to join permanently but I think it's extremely unlikely to happen. For now I'll just enjoy her being a traveling companion.

SaniOYOYOY

Yeah, I really think Carrot is going to be the next crew mate. I've had the opinion since Zou, but it only seems to be getting more and more likely to happen. Once I saw her do that drawing with bishonen Luffy and Sanji, I honestly thought it was a wrap right there. Her niche is going to be art, and it will be hilarious.
guys, what if after the storyline finnish for one piece, carrot will draw a comic about her adventure with the strawhat called one piece....

LotusHD

Banned
The relevation that Big Mom beats her own child just makes even more mad that people actually thought she wasn't a bad person at any point.

The relevation that Big Mom beats her own child just makes even more mad that people actually thought she wasn't a bad person at any point.

People actually thought that? She's introduced by snatching out and eating her son's soul, of course she beats at least one of her other children.

Ray Down

Banned

At least she unique, being a tomboy.

The crew doesn't need an artist, plus Usopp can already draw.

I really liked this week's color spread. Not many spreads have been as good after the timeskip and the tagline had me laughing.

So, what was up with Carrot's super serious face when the topic of Big Mom being a horrible parent came up? A). She's a traitor or B). She has her own complicated relationship with her mother

Just stood out to me when Carrot rarely goes that deadpan

I noticed this too.

Silent deadpan reaction panels are one of Oda's oldest techniques. It's basically how he characterizes Luffy from early on in the manga, to show that he's sizing another person up and judging them to see who they are. I wonder if that's what he's doing with Carrot's.

Ray Down

Banned
Says who? Let's wait and see what Luffy thinks. I honestly think that will be her gimmick.

Cause it's not useful, or serve a purpose when we already got an entertainer on the crew.

It's a character gag, nothing more.

No pirate crew needs a bishounen artist.

Daingurse

Cause it's not useful, or serve a purpose when we already got an entertainer on the crew.

It's a character gag, nothing more.

No pirate crew needs a bishounen artist.

Okay man. When she joins the crew and that becomes her signature gag, you'll know where you heard it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom