• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm looking forward to the shop for the increased box space most of all. I have a lot of dupes in my box.

MiTYH

Oh man, tried 35 stamina and just NOPED out from that one. Can't handle it, but acn do 30 stamina consistently. So, there's my day.

And I know this sugo is a trap but... Day 1, I probably will multi. I've got 5 multis saved up, and with some gems from new coliseum and events, might be able to earn it back before the real sugo.

Also, unless I missed it, raids are up for February:
2/12 Doffy
2/16 Mihawk
2/19 Duval
2/23 Boa

Fortinights
Sky Shandias
Pervert Absalom

RedBoot

Yeah, F2P people will probably want to focus on getting the ships (Rocketman, at least) from the Ray shop. The exclusive characters are nice, but not really necessary, and doing things like buying up Almighty Books and such is for whales.

I am hoping they use the shop's debut to finally pull the Baroque Works/Cobymeppo from the RR pool. It would make sense, since they don't give significant Ray points. That would leave the RR pool as all Ray point characters plus the socket fodder basic Strawhats.

Also, unless I missed it, raids are up for February:

2/23 Boa

Oh good, skill up must be coming soon. :p

commish

I've had a WB since I started the game, never used him much except as a sub on rare occasions. Decided to give him a try as a leader on the 35 stam map today.

I've been missing out. Double WB is just insane. Running him with mihawk and the new boat, so that's 30%, 30%, 30% and then 20% cut on boss.

I wonder if I could get boss into Sugar range.... need to crunch some numbers.

Rixa

I've had a WB since I started the game, never used him much except as a sub on rare occasions. Decided to give him a try as a leader on the 35 stam map today.

I've been missing out. Double WB is just insane. Running him with mihawk and the new boat, so that's 30%, 30%, 30% and then 20% cut on boss.

I wonder if I could get boss into Sugar range.... need to crunch some numbers.

Do you have Leo?
WB
WB
Mihawk
Ship
Leo
xxx
Sugar

commish

Do you have Leo?
WB
WB
Mihawk
Ship
Leo
xxx
Sugar

Yeah I have leo. I also have the usopp that has a 10% cut. I think I can do it. How much HP does the 35 stam boss have? I'm pretty sure I can do it on 30 stam.

Rixa

Yeah I have leo. I also have the usopp that has a 10% cut. I think I can do it. How much HP does the 35 stam boss have? I'm pretty sure I can do it on 30 stam.

I did read some comment from Reddit about 5.5m HP but I can't confirm this. 30 & 35 sta versions are too tough for me but hopefully it works for you :D.

For Sugar you need to get enemy <20%

Hobby-Hobby Fruit
Removes all enemies with HP below 20%
The special bypasses all known protective buffs. If the enemy can revive after being defeated, however, the special will only reduce the enemy's HP to 0 and trigger their revive effect.

Good luck :)

commish

Okay, so with a team of WB, WB, Mihawk, Leo, Usopp, and Sugar, along with the boat, I can take the 4,800,000 boss down to 948,000 HP, which is below 20%. Too bad I'm at work and can't try it atm....

Edit: Couldn't even make it to the boss :) I think I need more levels on these units.

HabeeNo

Completed 35 stamina with WB Burning Ship and

Double SW Shanks
Garp / Impact Usopp
Monet / Doffy

WB ship 20% off followed by Attacking him first turn, and using Garp's special after he shuffles orbs on the 2nd.

On the 3rd turn, used Monet/Doffy/Impact Usopp special leaving him with about 10% hp and an extra turn to finish it off.

Staying on 30 stamina tho, my run was very dependant on meat orbs :/

commish

Planning my team for the next boss. Is it just me or is the Aokiji a lot easier than this current fight...?

Kyou

I guess I take back my conspiracy theories of OPTC events being fake and designed to create a narrative of just barely making it, we're halfway done with the Ace event on day 1

RedBoot

I guess I take back my conspiracy theories of OPTC events being fake and designed to create a narrative of just barely making it, we're halfway done with the Ace event on day 1

Generally this sort of thing is designed so that it won't fail. They have the data on how often people run events, etc, so they just calculate the totals so that we'd hit the goal within the time limit.

That being said, I think they can still underestimate (our Save Ace) and overestimate (JPN Save Ace) player participation. Probably helps that 20stam Akainu is fairly easy and still offers decent rewards.

commish

What's the secret to using Killer for this challenge... I dunno what I'm doing wrong. Even when I get over 50k in an attack it won't always register. I was keeping count one time and I thought I had 15, but it gave me credit for 4. I'm pretty sure I'm not using Killer the right way. How do I get 3 hits of less than good? Just tap quickly?

Kyou

Generally this sort of thing is designed so that it won't fail. They have the data on how often people run events, etc, so they just calculate the totals so that we'd hit the goal within the time limit.

That being said, I think they can still underestimate (our Save Ace) and overestimate (JPN Save Ace) player participation. Probably helps that 20stam Akainu is fairly easy and still offers decent rewards.
I wonder if they'll add any reward tiers

it'd be nice if they added a 30mm tier for 5 almighty books

What's the secret to using Killer for this challenge... I dunno what I'm doing wrong. Even when I get over 50k in an attack it won't always register. I was keeping count one time and I thought I had 15, but it gave me credit for 4. I'm pretty sure I'm not using Killer the right way. How do I get 3 hits of less than good? Just tap quickly?
for killer you just want to like taptaptaptap four people(just immediately, dont wait for them to run up even), and the fourth person will be the first one boosted by his ability. From there just play normally

commish

for killer you just want to like taptaptaptap four people(just immediately, dont wait for them to run up even), and the fourth person will be the first one boosted by his ability. From there just play normally

Thanks... you don't wanna know what I was doing ;) This is much easier!

ExVicis

I am getting my ass handed to me on 30 stm because of the auto-targeting. Not eating anymore Stamina on that one. Hoping Aokiji isn't so infuriating.

Hana-Bi

Still didn't beat Boa forest. It's either bad orb luck or I make some stupid mistakes during the run.

Will try to get her ship this weekend.

RedBoot

I wonder if they'll add any reward tiers

it'd be nice if they added a 30mm tier for 5 almighty books

Would be nice. I'm kind of hoping to get 5 more almighty books from the stages themselves (I'm 20% of the way there!) before it ends.

Still, the 5 fixed socket books tier is the real reward, as far as I'm concerned (Ace is nice too). Finally gonna get those last sockets for my Sengoku and Marco.

Kyou

Whew, beat 35 with not much time to spare. Going to hold off trying to farm a 35 until Aokiji.

I got Yamakaji in my 35 run which is a new unit so that was pretty cool

edit: I used the Shiki/Doffy/Story Enel/Colo Coby/GP Usopp team that's going around and it was very easy but pretty dicey. Really one of those "one mistake will FUCK you" teams

ExVicis

Whew, beat 35 with not much time to spare. Going to hold off trying to farm a 35 until Aokiji.

I got Yamakaji in my 35 run which is a new unit so that was pretty cool

edit: I used the Shiki/Doffy/Story Enel/Colo Coby/GP Usopp team that's going around and it was very easy but pretty dicey. Really one of those "one mistake will FUCK you" teams

Man I've been lucky to have Yamakiji show only twice in 20 stam and he dropped skill books both times. What's his clas/special?

Kyou

Man I've been lucky to have Yamakiji show only twice in 20 stam and he dropped skill books both times. What's his clas/special?

he's a story mode drop, but he's a Slasher/Driven that reduces damage by 60% for one turn. Pretty garbage but hey new unit.

ExVicis

he's a story mode drop, but he's a Slasher/Driven that reduces damage by 60% for one turn. Pretty garbage but hey new unit.
Blah...

Also I'm not that far in the story yet. I'm way back at Enies Lobby part 2 right now. I was blowing through it earlier when I thought the upcoming Sugo was still going to be Anni, but now that we know it's not I'm just going back to the normal way of doing it.

RedBoot

Yamakiji's pretty meh. If you specifically need a Slasher for damage reduction, he's decent, though Mr. 1 gives you better stats and an ATK Boost with only 10% less reduction. Down the line we'll get Colo Marguerite and Stainless as better options as well. Still, chances are you'd still just use Alvida, Perona, or anyone else in such a situation.

Now, if you want to talk bad, let's look at John Giant. Less damage reduction than Yamakiji, and he even has a HP requirement for it to work. I really wanted John Giant to be good, too. Maybe he'll get an RR or Colo someday.

Majukun

no idea what to use for Aokiji, found some teams but none particularly safe at first glance... the fact that he silences a random unit really makes things difficult

RedBoot

no idea what to use for Aokiji, found some teams but none particularly safe at first glance... the fact that he silences a random unit really makes things difficult

The one nice thing is that Aokiji only deals 10k per hit as opposed to Akainu's 15k (plus the meteor DoT), so you're more likely to be able to take a hit. Even if he silences GP Usopp on turn 1, you can take the hit and delay him afterwards.

Overall I'm finding it easier. The actual stage is simpler, though Momonga cutting your health by half means you need AH and some meat to heal up before Aokiji, and Smoker's focus buff can still screw you a bit if multiple enemies have 1 turn cooldowns. Including a STR character for the latter can help. Having level 2/3 Bind is also crucial.

Running Double Sengoku with Breed, Lola, Noland, and GP Usopp right now, haven't had any issues. Only doing 30stam so far, haven't tried 35 yet.

Kyou

Easy peasy with Rayleigh.

First try with my cobbled team of Ray x 2/Slasherdile/Robin/Raid Doffy/GP Usopp

Just one shot Aokiji on the last stage

EMT0

Banned
I didn't do much today and actually let some stamina get wasted by being inattentive. Evening came, I decided eh, I should hit up Story Lucci and see if I can finally get him to drop. 3rd run in, he drops! Feelsgoodman.jpg

ExVicis

I didn't do much today and actually let some stamina get wasted by being inattentive. Evening came, I decided eh, I should hit up Story Lucci and see if I can finally get him to drop. 3rd run in, he drops! Feelsgoodman.jpg
Damn, that's nice. Good going. I'm still trying to get Story Croc to drop before I start worrying about Lucci. Probably my most wanted non-Legend at the moment.

Rixa

I just started playing this game.
How do I reroll?

Maybe EMT0 can help you:

Here are the last two double Legend accounts that I have(Gear 3rd is basically a Legend tbqh...) to give away. I'm hesitant to recommend either however, as both are outside of the traditional 'Pick crazy Legend, stomp through early content' path for a Legend starting account. Shanks + Boa is questionable because both are color Legends rather than class Legends and color Legends are generally considered weaker as they're restrained by the rock-paper-scissor system while, say, Legend Jinbe isn't as units of a class can come from any color. They're also considered to be some of the weaker Legends. Meanwhile, Gear 3rd + Corazon is different in that Corazon shines at clearing Forests, the hardest content in the game, but isn't someone you really use to clear the content you spend the vast majority of your time on such as raids and fortnights. Gear 3rd is excellent but not being a Legend, it could (arguably) be considered a weak choice from a collector's standpoint that aims to have as many Legend units as possible.

Knowing all that, feel free to grab either account, or alternatively wait for the upcoming Sugofest as many here have recommended. You really can't go wrong with any of these accounts or rerolling though; if you've got a favorite character among the Legends, do you and go for what you feel will make the game most enjoyable for you.

Or if you want to reroll:

- Do tutorial
- Make a pull
1. If its something fabulous start playing
2. 99% chances outside of Sugofest its crap (we will have Sugofest in few days), reroll by clearing data and doing Tutorial again.
1. For rooted devices & rooted emulators: Reddit Reroll guide.

Good luck.

Hana-Bi

Didn't farm Akainu yesterday. But a double LL team was kina reliable. Messed my last run in the middle of the stage up though.

For Aokiji I'll be using a legend Croc team. Still have to try the 35 version but it should be doable. Using the dream team with fn Thatch to burst him down on turn one.

Damn, just noticed that Aokiji special binds for 10 turns. Seems like I watched a 30 stamina walkthrough... Cleared it but only because I got lucky with the special bind target.

Maybe EMT0 can help you:

Or if you want to reroll:

- Do tutorial
- Make a pull
1. If its something fabulous start playing
2. 99% chances outside of Sugofest its crap (we will have Sugofest in few days), reroll by clearing data and doing Tutorial again.
1. For rooted devices & rooted emulators: Reddit Reroll guide.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot! I will probably wait for the Sugofest then.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Aokiji 35stam was much easier than Akainu yesterday - didnt know they are only up for a day.

screenshot_2017-02-08d5ayr.png

screenshot_2017-02-086zxdc.png

Went in blind - standard Slasher team got it done. You can get bind by some fools for 5 turns in the middle of the stage - so better have the Sockets ready to get it down to 2-3 but thats it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Aokiji 35stam was much easier than Akainu yesterday - didnt know they are only up for a day.

Went in blind - standard Slasher team got it done. You can get bind by some fools for 5 turns in the middle of the stage - so better have the Sockets ready to get it down to 2-3 but thats it.

Akainu is the hardest of the 3 (apparently).

RalchAC

Seeing you people using your fancy Slasher boosters reminds me I don't even have Koza.

Every time a silver post appears in a Sugo, I wonder if it'll finally be him. But it never is.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Akainu is the hardest of the 3 (apparently).

Makes sense he was a beast during that Arc. Just weird that they started with him...you would think they would begin with the easier two and have him at the end.

Seeing you people using your fancy Slasher boosters reminds me I don't even have Koza.

Every time a silver post appears in a Sugo, I wonder if it'll finally be him. But it never is.

I'm so desperate for the first timeskip strawhat batch to finally pop up, I really love slashers ;but they really got the short end of the stick booster-wise.

Koza functions as an emergency option. but I've done some comparisons w/my regular koza team v.s. once I can use legend zoro as a friend captain and it's an absolute joke.

Once that batch is out 3D2Y Zoro, Brook & Legend Zoro will suddenly give slasher tons of options.

MiTYH

That's a nice team. I REALLY wish I had 3d2y zoro... That being said, I'm going to try 30 stamina with that, but Koza instead of zoro. Should hopefully be enough for 30, 35 miiiight be too much, we'll see.

EDIT: Courtesy of reddit time travelers, data download was more raid bosses for this month. Looks like Clash event for Part 2 of anniversary (16th-19th):

9th Ivankov
12th Doffy
16th Mihawk
17th Garp
18th Monster Chopper
19th Duval
23rd Hancock
26th Empty Slot

Tidd

EDIT: Courtesy of reddit time travelers, data download was more raid bosses for this month. Looks like Clash event for Part 2 of anniversary (16th-19th):

9th Ivankov
12th Doffy
16th Mihawk
17th Garp
18th Monster Chopper
19th Duval
23rd Hancock
26th Empty Slot

Bandai, please give us the 2nd anni Sunny for Boa. :(

RedBoot

Just got 5 MF Luffy books in one run. Got a skill-up from it, too. I'm trying to get 1 skill up for him each day, that means I'll be able to max him before the event leaves (and not have to spend more box space on his books).

Makes sense he was a beast during that Arc. Just weird that they started with him...you would think they would begin with the easier two and have him at the end.

I believe that's how it actually worked in JPN's event, if I'm remembering right. They hadn't gotten Marineford Pt.2 yet either, so he was a "new" unit.

I think Kizaru was first, so he might actually be easier than Aokiji.

mileS

Any good guides for story islands? I only ask because they are starting to get really random difficulty wise. I have been slacking lately with a total of 6 story islands left to complete. Was hoping to power through them soon to save for a good sugo. Some of these stages seem harder than most fortnights.

MiTYH

Oh wow, farming 35 stamina... this is wonderful. Getting 2-3 cotton candy per run, is this how it was like yesterday? Running Double INTHawk, very forgiving even when Doffy's special got locked, just used GPU and prosper. Even maanged to get a SW Shanks and Sengoku book to drop (need the former to max, saving for skillup time!)

Any good guides for story islands? I only ask because they are starting to get really random difficulty wise. I have been slacking lately with a total of 6 story islands left to complete. Was hoping to power through them soon to save for a good sugo. Some of these stages seem harder than most fortnights.

I generally stick to reddit, so check this out, or if it's not listed there just search for guide and the name of the island. https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/wiki/story

commish

Yeah man, Aokiji is so so so so so much easier (as long as you have anti-bind, I guess!). Just wish he had better books... almost none of these are things I care about outside of Goku. And we all know that ain't droppin.

Top Bottom