• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

***Online Forum now viewable by guests***

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I've deleted all of the gamertag/id threads I could find, but if you have any remaining information here that you don't want to be viewable publicly, you may want to edit it out of your posts.

I'll be making the forum public-view 72 hours from the time of this post, as part of the restructuring of the Online forum.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
notworksafe said:
Quick question: Will there be a new place to post gamertags/online ID's now that won't be viewable by the public?

No plans at this time.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So what's the restructuring plan? Is this simply going to become the "Megathread" forum?

notworksafe

Just curious how making the online forum viewable by the public is an improvement.

Is it to help people with accounts that can't post able to join our tournaments? Or make it so people are less likely to share info with other GAF people to play games or post server info because that is also viewable by all? Or is it to allow Google to index the online section so GAF ranks higher in game related web searches and bring more people (read: ad views) to the site?

No trying to be a dick, I swear. I'm just not sure how making the forum viewable to the public will help "Multiplayer matchmaking and strategy discussion, internal tournaments, buy/sell/trade, special sub-communities".

Blizzard

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
Oh dear, NeoGAF minecraft server may have some unwanted visitors soon.
Yeah, this is the single biggest issue that comes to mind. Previously we redirected everyone to this forum so that griefers wouldn't join the server. I guess there will have to be some quick Minecraft server bans (and restores from backups?) in the future?

*edit* Actually, I just remembered -- we can still do that email tag thing, right? So only members can quote to read it?

(quote to read)

Blizzard said:
Yeah, this is the single biggest issue that comes to mind. Previously we redirected everyone to this forum so that griefers wouldn't join the server. I guess there will have to be some quick Minecraft server bans (and restores from backups?) in the future?

*edit* Actually, I just remembered -- we can still do that email tag thing, right? So only members can quote to read it?

(quote to read)

Holy crap, it's magic! Never tried this 'quote to read' thing before :lol

Boonoo

Blizzard said:

(quote to read)

Oh shit! That's pretty neat. That would probably work well enough for stuff like the minecraft server.

And in general I don't think the gametag threads ever did anything anyway.

Oreoleo

Blizzard said:

(quote to read)
Shit Blizzard that just blew my mind. Well done, that's gonna be super useful now.

sweet, a new friend of mine will be happy about this. he's a lurker who signed up 6 months ago is waiting on approval and followed the bc2 thread and a few others that got moved to online and was distraught over the move. i told him not to expect anything since the online forum was always private and would most likely stay that way forever.

Blizzard

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
did you?

the last time i checked it didn't even show when you are logged in. only showed when quoted. can't check now on my phone though.
Yes, I viewed source to make sure it didn't show up the first time, and I tried it again, 1-3 times, when it was questioned, before I posted the response. :p

(._.)

Banned
Blizzard said:

(quote to read)
Oh cool, so in a sense the forum has hide-tags. Tf2 server is safe even if it is going down in a month :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Blizzard said:
Yes, I viewed source to make sure it didn't show up the first time, and I tried it again, 1-3 times, when it was questioned, before I posted the response. :p

Hmm, they must have changed something. It worked probably a month ago. I guess that's good though.

Blizzard said:
my bad, reading the thread on a phone i completely messed up who was saying what about what!

it's alr1ghtstart that i'm disagreeing with... when people started using it in the free XBL/PSN/etc code thread, the first thing i did was check to see if that stuff showed in the page source and it didn't and still doesn't.

TheExodu5

Banned
I thought the point of moving buy/sell to the online forum was to hide it from lurkers? Why is it in here when it has nothin to do with online gaming?

Edit: oh. Online/Community now.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
TheExodu5 said:
I thought the point of moving buy/sell to the online forum was to hide it from lurkers? Why is it in here when it has nothin to do with online gaming?

Edit: oh. Online/Community now.

Soon to be the Community Forum.

AirBrian

Blizzard said:

(quote to read)
Holy shit that's awesome. I never knew you could do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom