• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online shopping - a curse and a blessing (graphic novels baby! YEAH!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
You don't actually see your money going away in front of you. Nope. It's alllllllll on your credit card and you won't see the bill for a while. Son of a bitch...I just found out that amazon.ca also has a TON of great graphic novels and I couldn't help but order a couple of them. I also ordered Batman: TAS on DVD from them this past week and I don't know how long I'll be able to stay away from buying more damned graphic novels. Damn this forum for all of its recommendations too!

Anyways, I just ordered:

1929998597.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and

1560974273.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I feel so helpless against my insatiable want for graphic novels, DVDs, and other nuances. :(

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ordering online only makes it easier. Either way, whenever you use a credit card you don't see your money disappear in front of your eyes.

I too have been considering ordering up a ton of graphic novels, but I just spent nearly $300 on 21 DVD sets from Deep Discount during that sale, and I'm trying my hardest to wait a while before splurging again.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, I'm not exactly the richest guy in the world and I have school to think about in September. :-\ I'm going to try and hold off with the shopping at least until the end of this month.

Comfort_Eagle said:
I want that Ghost World one. Credit cards are fun.

Great buy and way better than the movie. Without those last few scenes from the comic, I watched the end credits and thought "WTF was the point?"

way more

I went to Waldenbooks today to get some Batman only to find shit for shit. Where do you order this stuff?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I've tried on several occasions to get a credit card from any number of companies, but they continually turn me down. Not for bad credit, but because I have no real credit at all. I just use my Visa bank card online, but I want to build up some sort of tangible credit. Ah, wonderful catch-22...

Alucard

Banned
Hotarubi said:
I've tried on several occasions to get a credit card from any number of companies, but they continually turn me down. Not for bad credit, but because I have no real credit at all. I just use my Visa bank card online, but I want to build up some sort of tangible credit. Ah, wonderful catch-22...

When I was in college they were just handing out credit cards as if they were nothing. Doesn't your bank have some kind of credit card option when you open an account? Seriously, come to Canada. *wonders if you already live here*

And that catch-22 is the exact same as in the employment field...everyone wants experience but how the hell are people going to gain it if they're not given a chance in the first place?

Alucard

Banned
mac said:
I went to Waldenbooks today to get some Batman only to find shit for shit. Where do you order this stuff?

amazon.com or amazon.ca if you live in Canada. It helps if you know what you're looking for. Amazon mostly has graphic novels though. If you're looking for actual comic issues then I think I remember midtowncomics.com being mentioned in a different thread. Or you could go to your local comic book shop if you have one in your area.

FnordChan

Alcuard, you may be spending money like it's water, but you have two mighty choice selections to keep you entertainined when you're in debtor's prison. Can't wait for volume three of Courtney Crumrin!

FnordChan

carpal

What I want to know is where the FUCK is that giant Bone compilation that I pre-ordered on Amazon. I was so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom