• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opening of the National Museum of African American History and Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I live in DC. Reading the local express paper I learned the museum has trained employees to deal with the wide range of emotions they may encounter.

They have something like a calming room with a waterfall in it.

kswiston

The story of Thomas Jefferson, Sally Hemmings, and their 7/8ths European but still Black slave children is one that should be taught to every school child. Outside of the brutality that some slaves faced, I cant think of many stories that highlight how messed up American slavery was better than that one.

The story of Thomas Jefferson, Sally Hemmings, and their 7/8ths European but still Black slave children is one that should be taught to every school child. Outside of the brutality that some slaves faced, I cant think of many stories that highlight how messed up American slavery was better than that one.

The stories of French sugar plantations in Hispaniola are particularly brutal. They bought slaves for sole purpose of working them to death, only to buy new ones and give them the same fate.

PSGames

This is a very powerful opening ceremony. I will hopefully get to check out the museum in the next couple months.

Samara

Watching. This would be a great place to travel to.

''This place is more than a building. It is a dream come true''

hom3land

This is so long over due. There has been an insane amount of revisionist history. I have been on a few plantation tours here in the South and am always shocked when the tour guides focus on the few people living in the house while completely ignoring the horrors being conducted on the majority of the estates occupants. Went to a plantation in South Carolina a few weeks back where the tour guide insisted that there were Irish slaves that had it just as bad.. Wanted to slap her.

Man I would love to visit this. I was supposed to go to DC next month but had to cancel my trip. :(

Why isn't there a National Museum of European/White American History and Culture?

Cmon-Son.gif

I know you're fucking around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom