• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| ArcheAge - Queuing Simulator 2014

Tried Naima server,

eN0GoDJ.jpg

Seriously fuck this. I'm not waiting over an hour to try this game.

HowZatOZ

Banned
As a patron, would you be opposed to them adding more servers to spread the load? I've seen some patrons opposed to that idea.

That seems like a selfish thing to be opposed to. More servers = more players playing the game which = less wait time. As a Patron myself I want more people playing this game as it stirs the economy, and adding servers wouldn't affect me at all.

Obviously don't add a ridiculous amount, because that will lead to dead servers when the laucnh rush has worn off. I'd say add at the very least four to five servers on NA and EU, that should help ease the queues.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
That seems like a selfish thing to be opposed to.
There were people on the official forums posting "Why are F2P players allowed to play while Patrons have to wait in a queue?"

Like they expected to kick active players off the servers so they could play, and the devs were stealing their money by not doing it.

Yesterday I spent around 5 hours to get in Kyrios. Boy was that a mistake. I ended up making a new character on the new server Inoch and the queue time was 10 minutes or so.

I'm probably not going to stick with the game for a long time but I'm going to hit 50 and see what happens.

mrlion

Yesterday I spent around 5 hours to get in Kyrios. Boy was that a mistake. I ended up making a new character on the new server Inoch and the queue time was 10 minutes or so.

I'm probably not going to stick with the game for a long time but I'm going to hit 50 and see what happens.

Its ridiculously easy to level in this game a lot of people are already level 50. Apparently there's more content after leveling than the leveling process itself.

fedexpeon

Banned
Are there any raiding or endgame contents?
Farming and house don't interest me since I am more of a social-gamer doing instances and stuff with a guild.

I'll just stay away from it for the time being. I don't have the time to queue then play.
Too bad Trion seem like not going to add new servers anymore. I think they're playing it safe, don't wanna throw a lot of servers just to find them empty a month later or so, just like Wildstar.

Strange, logged on from the queue, logged off to fix FPS issue on laptop. Logged back in, skipped queue.

There's 5 minute queue grace period.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So GAF in what server are you playing?

Very good question. I've run up two polls, for America and Europe, to figure out where the majority of players are and we'll go from there.

America: http://strawpoll.me/2592798

Europe: http://strawpoll.me/2592803

Are there any raiding or endgame contents?
Farming and house don't interest me since I am more of a social-gamer doing instances and stuff with a guild.

There are a variety of dungeons all the way up to level 50. I'm not sure about raiding, there might be world bosses to defeat but I'm not sure on that either.

MidBoss

As a patron, would you be opposed to them adding more servers to spread the load? I've seen some patrons opposed to that idea.

Not at all. I understand their concerns though. They might be afraid of the playerbase being spread too thin in the long run. Increased server capacity looks to be the answer.

There are a variety of dungeons all the way up to level 50. I'm not sure about raiding, there might be world bosses to defeat but I'm not sure on that either.

I've seen two so far.
The the kraken and this guy.

Korten

Banned
I'll just stay away from it for the time being. I don't have the time to queue then play.
Too bad Trion seem like not going to add new servers anymore. I think they're playing it safe, don't wanna throw a lot of servers just to find them empty a month later or so, just like Wildstar.

There's 5 minute queue grace period.

I swore I was off for longer than 5 minutes...

Xiaoki

That seems like a selfish thing to be opposed to. More servers = more players playing the game which = less wait time. As a Patron myself I want more people playing this game as it stirs the economy, and adding servers wouldn't affect me at all.

Obviously don't add a ridiculous amount, because that will lead to dead servers when the laucnh rush has worn off. I'd say add at the very least four to five servers on NA and EU, that should help ease the queues.

A major part of ArcheAge is land ownership which means that server mergers would be impossible. So, any servers they add they need to keep forever or piss off people even more than they already have.

Instead of adding more servers it would just be better to ride out the first couple weeks, then the launch rush will die down, people will leave and the server queues will disappear.

You'd think this is some people's first ever MMO.

Korten

Banned
So, when does the game quote on quote, open up? I'm level 9, so still new and still in the tutorial. I know there is a full questline to 50, but does it ever feel like there's a point where your choice comes into play?

Raxious

Same here

There's a problem with too many servers, which is simply put the fact that this game doesn't allow for the merging of servers. All the houses and farms can't be taken from Server A to Server B, because it's not instanced. So if the slot's already taken on Server B, you can't put something else there.

So the people that are on Server A will lose all their buildings.

fedexpeon

Banned
Game is pretty fun but the combat system is still not there yet on the same level of TERA =_=.
I guess I will wait for Black Desert Online

Anyone have any experience with lvling through as a straight up healer? Having a bit of trouble atm and it's not much fun (combat wise). Might make a new character and just send them all my stuff.

Tash

Anyone have any experience with lvling through as a straight up healer? Having a bit of trouble atm and it's not much fun (combat wise). Might make a new character and just send them all my stuff.

Which skillsets did you choose?

oracle is ok to level as healer, I am currently Boneweaver, Hierophant and templar are amazing pvp healers but slow to level (Hierophant is bearable while templar, you really want a buddy).

I'll keep vita and aura all the way through and will switch sorcery for witchcraft soon. The problem with Boneweaver is that I need two sets (one for healing and one for dps).

Game is pretty fun but the combat system is still not there yet on the same level of TERA =_=.
I guess I will wait for Black Desert Online

You'll have to wait until end of 2015 or more likely early 2016, though. At least for the Western release.

Which skillsets did you choose?

oracle is ok to level as healer, I am currently Boneweaver, Hierophant and templar are amazing pvp healers but slow to level (Hierophant is bearable while templar, you really want a buddy).

I'll keep vita and aura all the way through and will switch sorcery for witchcraft soon. The problem with Boneweaver is that I need two sets (one for healing and one for dps).

My character is a Cleric (Vitalism, Auramancy, Songcraft). I have two attacks (Antithesis and Comet's Boon) and the rest of the skills are heals/buffs that aren't even that great so far. I am only lvl 14 at the moment. But yeah, thinking about trying something else although I would really like to heal dungeons and pvp. Not sure what to do.

Also, I'm probably not going to be a patron for awhile so I was thinking of just becoming an asshole pirate and focus on stealing stuff and killing people ;]

Godan

So is there anyway to save all your setting and like UI stuff everytime i log out and back in it defaults back to what it was at the start?

Tash

My character is a Cleric (Vitalism, Auramancy, Songcraft). I have two attacks (Antithesis and Comet's Boon) and the rest of the skills are heals/buffs that aren't even that great so far. I am only lvl 14 at the moment. But yeah, thinking about trying something else although I would really like to heal dungeons and pvp. Not sure what to do.

Also, I'm probably not going to be a patron for awhile so I was thinking of just becoming an asshole pirate and focus on stealing stuff and killing people ;]

Oh yeah, that was my first combination, too. Mostly because they kinda suggested it with the fire icon. The problem is that as a proper healer for pvp it will be weaker and leveling up is a pain, too.

The problem with cleric seems to be that you need to interrupt your song weaving to be able to cast heals which I find horribly ineffective.

Pirates have a hard live though:
First of all, it will take a while to grind the infamy you need (3k iirc?). Not to mention once you are a pirated, every time you die on the continent you go to prison automatically. You won't have any quests except a few dailies from Pirate island, too.
Pirate island is also always at war which makes it pretty hard to build anything (ie a ship).

In regards to additional healing builds:

I like my Boneweaver right now (only lvl 28 since I haven't had much time to play in release). Good DPS for solo leveling with the crafted cloth int gear and a 2h staff focused on int and I can heal just fine in dungeons with my 2h club and the cloth from quests and leveling up (more spirit than int most of the time).

A lot swear by Oracle because it doesn't force you to switch gear/weapons for healing/dpsing. Just get a good bow and use leather instead of cloth. I haven't however healed as Oracle. I assume you still would need a club for the +healing power.

Shinjica

Pirates have a hard live though:
First of all, it will take a while to grind the infamy you need (3k iirc?). Not to mention once you are a pirated, every time you die on the continent you go to prison automatically. You won't have any quests except a few dailies from Pirate island, too.
Pirate island is also always at war which makes it pretty hard to build anything (ie a ship).

If you wanto to be a pirate the best option is have another character who will give money/item/etc to the pirate one.
Pretty hard to survive alone as a pirate.

Tash

Btw, I have played MMOs since UO. I have never every complained about a launch no matter how bad it was or how long the queues were..but for the first time I really feel royally screwed over:

First of all, I purchased the Archeum pack for 150 USD (should have never done that..)
I played a bit in Alpha and the Beta (not that long since I got it kinda late).

During the Headstart I was (with many others) labeled as non patron and thus had much longer queues then the ones labelled as patron.

The Eanna server (on top of the Authentication issues thanks to the DoS attack and long queues) had hardware issues and crashed almost all day during Satruday, so my playing time was very limited during Head Start.

I got my Archeum Founder's items on the last day of headstart instead of on the first.

And now, I lost my Founder title completely, not gaining any additional labor at all..

GG Trion, GG..

Btw, I have played MMOs since UO. I have never every complained about a launch no matter how bad it was or how long the queues were..but for the first time I really feel royally screwed over:

First of all, I purchased the Archeum pack for 150 USD (should have never done that..)
I played a bit in Alpha and the Beta (not that long since I got it kinda late).

During the Headstart I was (with many others) labeled as non patron and thus had much longer queues then the ones labelled as patron.

The Eanna server (on top of the Authentication issues thanks to the DoS attack and long queues) had hardware issues and crashed almost all day during Satruday, so my playing time was very limited during Head Start.

I got my Archeum Founder's items on the last day of headstart instead of on the first.

And now, I lost my Founder title completely, not gaining any additional labor at all..

GG Trion, GG..

That really sucks for you guys that spent so much money on the game already. I'm sure with enough complaints, Trion will give you guys something extra for having to deal with all this crap. Hopefully.

Rift has been struggling for months with countless issues so that post above certainly isn't a surprise.

I don't know if it's a lack of staff, a 'do just enough to get by' attitude or what but it's really felt amateurish.

Now getting 5000+ queues on every server for, what is probably the most anticipated free to play MMO launch ever, even for people who've paid up to $150 is just alarming.

It's not good enough. Not at all. Especially after reading Rift cracked the top 10 with $35 million or so revenue in 2013.

It will sound harsh but I think Trion has tasted success and got greedy. Not putting enough of the profit back into improving the quality and stability of their products.

And as far as the whole server issues go with the massive queues, it's hard to guess what they might do.

In Rift, they messed up a few times. They were way too quick to add new shards during the f2p rush. Then split them all into two clusters so players could no longer play (questing, raids, pvp) with half the game's population.

By the time they decided to cull again and merge clusters, they decided to do it almost immediately prior to the Steam re-launch, suddenly creating massive queues again out of nowhere.

So yeah, I wouldn't put anything past them regarding server decisions.

Tash

In Rift, they messed up a few times. They were way too quick to add new shards during the f2p rush. Then split them all into two clusters so players could no longer play (questing, raids, pvp) with half the game's population.

By the time they decided to cull again and merge clusters, they decided to do it almost immediately prior to the Steam re-launch, suddenly creating massive queues again out of nowhere.

So yeah, I wouldn't put anything past them regarding server decisions.

They can't afford to make this mistake with AA and they know it. That is the reason they have an incredibly conservative approach with adding new servers. The biggest problem for them is the fact that they won't be able to merge server due to the distribution of owned land .

Einbroch

Banned
Alright, I'm done. These queues are insane. It's not even the number, it's the fact that I'm moving ~100 places in an hour when the queue is 2000+.

Maybe I'll be back in a few weeks, but this just leaves a horrible impression and if this isn't fixed it's going to kill the game.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So, when does the game quote on quote, open up? I'm level 9, so still new and still in the tutorial. I know there is a full questline to 50, but does it ever feel like there's a point where your choice comes into play?

It depends on what you mean by "open up". The world is completely open, you don't have to do any quests if you don't want to. If you mean the quest progression, that is pretty linear, there are no alternate paths for questing afaik. Having said that you get XP from pretty much everything. I got my farm down at level 15 and I'm level 18 now just from farming and trading. My house is in a level 40ish zone too. So really it depends on what you want to do in the game. The only quests I would absolutely recommend doing are the green story quests because you get gilda stars from that which you use to buy houses, boats and stuff on Mirage Island.

timkunedo

Right now I'm working on building my Thatched Farmhouse. Takes 3k stone!! So right now i'm leveling up by mining only. Basically playing Mining Simulator 2014. I can't wait to actually play the real game.

Won

These queues sure work in slow motion. Pretty fascinating actually. I think I'm gonna make me something to eat and take a nap afterwards.

So in case anyone was wondering. Last night trying to get in to Selphira wife and I had a queue of about 4500. Logged off, signed up for Patron status and queue dropped to 1500.

I'm digging the game so far, really like the character and armor designs, I just wish there were body sliders. The ladies don't have enough muscle tone, I need some biceps and abs.

Azull

Holy shit these queues lol. I don't wanna sound like an echo or anything but good god. I was planning on playing all this weekend since I just had my last class an hour ago. Guess Ill just keep studying tort laws than xD.

Tash

Been in queue for 3 hours now. Had a Skype meeting for work, worked out, showered, fixed dinner and ate. Now I am back at the computer and number 1016 in the queue..fun.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to playing this after enjoying a couple of hours in the beta, but I think I'll wait a couple of weeks until things settle down.

Tash

On other news:

A friend of mine just mentioned there was a green system message in game:

"In moments of heavy queue, afk mount leveling is still counting as afk and subject to removal"

I can't even...

timkunedo

On other news:

"In moments of heavy queue, afk mount leveling is still counting as afk and subject to removal"

I can't even...

Reminds me....Yesterday someone was autolevling their mount in Dewstone so I opened up a portal to Karkasse Ridgelands and he went through it. I bet he was shocked when he came back from AFK.

Windam

Scaley member
Aranzeb 4 lyfe.

If anyone wants a friend on Aranzeb, add Glorfindel. I was going to take the name across all servers to be a douche, but the two character limit unless you spend points deterred me. :p

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
On other news:

I can't even...

Sounds good to me. AFK is AFK.

Top Bottom