• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[OT] This Winnie the Pooh Flash Game is Way Too Hard for Its Target Audience

tumblr_lpr4mbrEGZ1qame3z.gif

FUCK YOU OWL!!!

To beat tigger, you need to hit 7 out of every 10 shots....how the fuck...that is next to impossible with his power. Most I got was 24/28, with pretty much upgrades maxed out. Not touching this game again -_-

Ruuppa

Feathered buffoon! Just as I think I'm doing good: Hit, Hit, Foul, Foul, Hit. It was a cakewalk before in comparison.

wildfire

Banned
This game is fun. After I got used to the wonkiness of Pooh's movement I went beat four in a row before accidentally changed the webpage. I'm going to save playing it for later when I need a good time-killer.

Dirtie

So after getting frustrated for a while on owl, I managed to find the save file, mess around with some numbers in a hex editor and somewhat break the game:

sj8U7.png

VLxhW.png

Edit: still ended up only making 18/19 hahaha

I don't think Tigger's getting enough rep here. Owl took me by surprise but was manageable, and I haven't even gotten to Chris yet but FUCK TIGGER. I can't get past this arcane bullshit invisible pitchery.

Edit: Fuck this guy, I'm going back to Dark Souls to unwind.

Foshy

VS Rabbit. No upgrades. 10 pitches left, I'm only at 5/15.

I had already given up all hope, but I managed to get a final streak going, if I'd hit all of the balls left, I could still do it. Somehow, I went full pro-mode and got homerun after homerun.

Last pitch incoming, I'm at 14/15. Alright, I got this.

I concentrate as hard as I can to hit that fucking ball, and I do. The ball is going perfectly straight, but the hit was kind of weak. The ball is flying slow as fuck.

I pray to the heavens for what felt like 15-20 seconds.

The ball lands. 100.2 meters. Holy shit. I did it.

Fuck you, Rabbit.

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT OWL DOING.

36 / 50 on Christopher Robin. Seems beatable. The owl pitches are tough (lots of weak hits), and the superfast speed Robin can throw doesn't allow much reaction time - lots of foul balls on those.

I just wish it were 20/25 so that retrying would be faster.

Kenai

This thread has me laughing so hard. Everything I love about Gaf: The Thread.

Edit: and I can't beat Owl. I was fine until him, but this is some crap. It's either magnets or voodoo.

Cornbread78

ya know what screw you OP, I had to click the link, go and try the Jpn version, just to get pwnd by the friggen donkey, screw this $hit, back to work, at least I can get frustrated and paid for it at the same time....

This is the Eeyore I'm playing against:

Kid Ying

Finally! Tiger is just history. Only got to win when i stopped looking at the counter for runs. Had to pay attention only on the game and even then was hard as hell. Got 30 HR, man, this game is hard.

After Tiger, i faced Chris just to see what was all about and didn't find him to be as much of a nuisance. I still got my ass whipped, but at least i can see the fucking ball... Most of the time.

With Tiger, the biggest pain was when you managed to get the ball, but since your positioning was off (which was pretty common since YOU CAN'T SEE THE FUCKING BALL), it was a foul. Christopher uses all styles from all the characters, but since he doesn't use the invisible ball as much, it's not as hard.

Still, 40 home runs out of 50... Worse part is that when you know you're not gonna make it, you still got like 15 plays to go. Damn...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Got to the owl. Seems completely luck based at that point, got 10 home runs on my first try but I had zero control over where contact was going to be so even though I hit most of them they were either fouls or way short.

Wait, there are upgrades?

Defuser

Eeyore - Nothing special

Elephant - ok uhhh still easy

Piglet - Let's see how this small guy can do....WTF THIS FUCKER CAN THROW FAST!

Kanga - DOUBLE WTF A BOUNCING BALL?

Rabbit - Oh a slow ball, this would be eas- SONAFBITCH!

Owl - First Kanga now you too Owl? Fuck you!

I'm still stuck at owl, I need to farm points for upgrades. If Owl is already bad news I hate to see Tigger and Christopher Robin.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Rabbit was easy. Almost got it on my first try, and got HRs on most of the balls the second try.

And speed to 5-6 makes a big difference, don't even see a need in going higher. Power doesn't seem to help much, at least on Owl, since I either hit clear home runs, or it's not even close. Contact doesn't seem to have done much either.

Well, I blew through Piglet, Kanga, and Rabbit this morning. Owl, though... Screw you, Owl. You were always my least favorite of the cast, growing up. What a little jerk.

harmonize

I was 18/19 with Owl, and had eight balls left. Eight chances to hit one more home run. Just one; it's all I needed.

I'm about to start crying.

harmonize

Hitting the grove right before it's counted as a home run is like fucking and, right before you're about to climax, just going completely soft.

Nimajneb

Tigger's harder than I had originally thought. There's so little time to judge the speed of the ball. I can barely get half the required score.

gutabo

Hitting the grove right before it's counted as a home run is like fucking and, right before you're about to climax, just going completely soft.

That made me remember the time I was with my girlfriend at her place getting things done and her mom arrived like a ninja and surprised us when things were about to finish. Good times.

Top Bottom