• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[OT] This Winnie the Pooh Flash Game is Way Too Hard for Its Target Audience

Foshy

Finally beat Owl. 19/19 on the last pitch. No upgrades. Come at me.

I don't think any game has ever made me more pumped than when I hit that last homerun.

Tigger is giving me the business :(
Same here. Closest I got was a 27/28, and I fouled the last one. Dang it.

At least I've got a ton of points put into my stats now. I'm at like 16/20 on all my stats, currently. So, when I finally beat tigger, I'll hopefully be better equipped for Christopher Robin. I hope...

Ultimadrago

what the fuck is tigger even doing. how is this possible. and how is anyone supposed to beat that.

The funny thing about Tigger is that his pitch type is tame (sans invisible cloak). Once you get the timing down, you will get a great streak going.

But the margin of error allowed (and invisible cloak!) is how he earns the name "Satan".

Drencrom

BgIlk.jpg

"When Hundred Acre Wood is in ashes, you have my permission to die"

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Its doubly insulting when you lose and then a bunch of japanese words you cant read fly at you.

You know they're telling you that you failed, but you suck so much that you cant even comprehend that they're telling you this. It's sadistic

It's not the controls, it's the wonky physics of the boat. It trips over everything.

My record on Tigger is about 15 right now. I'll try it some more later.
I've gotten to 26. If my foul balls counted for anything, I'd be at 100.

I swear if I pass by a Disney store, I'm drop kicking the Winnie the Pooh section.

Alright guys, I'm going back in. I haven't played this since I beat Christopher Robin yesterday, but it's so fun lol. Will try to best the Dark Lord once again after a few warmup games against Owl and/or Tigger.

joetachi

please share, I'm stuck there since yesterday, lol

Go as far back from the plate as possible dont click the mouse unill the ball is extremly close to the plate. The hardest part is to keep trak of the throw and move pooh accordingly.

Finally decided to try this... Currently on level 4 after so many failures on the first 3 levels (ironically, I only had to restart Pigelt's level once more before I beat it).

Kanga... F this...

Artanisix

zruben

Banned
Go as far back from the plate as possible dont click the mouse unill the ball is extremly close to the plate. The hardest part is to keep trak of the throw and move pooh accordingly.

oooh, nice... works as a charm. I managed 17 hr's... (i couldn't past 15 yesterday)
a couple of more tries and I'll beat him for sure.

thanks. =)

(felt like the nineties again, asking for tips with a friend to beat a disney game)

HoodWinked

i did the same, ya moving to the furthest back gives you couple more miliseconds to line up the hit. but having to watch pooh move every hit reset can be distracting upgrading move speed can help with it tho.

Kid Ying

How many people here beat Owl without upgrades?

I really want to complete the game without them but I'm getting desperate.
I almost managed to beat Owl without upgrades, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to beat Tiger without it. Until Tiger i was reluctant to use the upgrades, but you need every piece of contact with that motherfucker, otherwise you'll get fouls all the time (that is, when you manage to hit the fucking invisible ball).

I'm still on Christopher. He's not as hard, but getting 40 home runs is just insane with all the variations that demon uses. When i think i got everything locked on, he uses a Kanga ball and makes me want to kill myself... Just so i can kill him in the afterlife.

Astral

26/28 on Tigger. Fuck this guy. I'm losing my mind. I can just hear his stupid song in my head.

"The wonderful thing about Tigger is that Tigger's a wonderful thing!"

Suck a dick!

Jasconius

OK, Owl was a pain. Tigger's pitches seem easier to hit but I still hit way too many fouls, first 4 tries i could only get 22 max... :/

Hoo-doo

Banned
This thread is the best. God I love when the internet can collectively rage with a game like this.

I always loved the Spongebob boat-o-cross threads on /v/.

Ultimadrago

If someone would have told me, "In 2013, there will be a NeoGAF thread where multiple people curse at Pooh Bear characters.", I would have told them they're crazy.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hit 25 straight on Tigger, missed one and couldn't get in a groove again. Ended 27/28, TWO HITS OUT OF 15.

3af.gif

Blizzard

Banned
The controls are actually pretty simple (it's not QWOP-level fighting with controls), the graphics are clean, the performance is good, and the game is actually surprisingly well-made. The sound of the bat hitting the ball, the feel of how much power you get, the way the ball bounces off the fence etc., all work really well.

What's especially funny is that you have that clean polish and Pooh character stuff combined with the simply sadistic pitching styles and timing. Two of my favorites are:

1. Getting to a new character, well how much worse could this one be... ... .......

2. You got in a groove hitting homeruns, but looking at the counter you now realize you cannot get better than 1 homerun short of the goal. The rest of this match is futile, yet you cannot skip it and must still suffer as some evil animal laughs at you.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
so this thread inspired me to check out Spongebob Boat o Cross.

Holy hell. I cant get more than 180 and i die right away every time

Reminds me so much of the baseball minigame in the visual novel, Little Busters!

Except the minigame in Little Busters! didn't make me want to throw my mouse and keyboard across my room...

Frantic

I've maxed all my stats playing Tigger over and over again, and I've still yet to beat him.

I must be a masochist or something.

aceofspudz

Neo Member
Was bested today by infernal feline lieutenant and his witchcraft. Will retire and contemplate next move in campaign against sandlot tyrant Robinson.

Top Bottom