• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

Was starting to get tired of playing the same characters over and over (Lucio, Zenyatta, Solider, Roadhog) so I decided to learn all the tanks. Except I have a problem, I can't move on past Dva. She's really fun! The mech boosters just make chasing people down super easy and she's really good outside of the mech too!

I'm even getting plays of the game regular both in and out of the mech, something I don't get too much with Lucio.

Eventually I'll move on the learning Winston. Eventually. But not today.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Had a solid run with CrookedRain last night, then later a support main on my friends list joined. Lost a few but gained in rank overall.

At 49.. Started at 42 with that 3-7 placement.

We were straight tier-whoring Reaper and Soldier, but almost every game, there were willing tanks and supports. Usually double tank and double support was encouraged. It was pretty nice and fun, and of course..

Blame your teammates when you lose. All is well.

Nimby

Banned
I can't use my bro Genji in comps

When you are using offense I can't find a reason to use Genji over Soldier or Reaper. I might play him to take out a Bastion, but other people can do that too. He can't do well from range because he is burst fire, his damage is still subpar up close, and being mobile doesn't mean shit if the enemy has a Symmetra or Winston. His abilities are fun to use, deflect and his dash are good abilities, but they're not game changing.

I see no reason to use him over Soldier and Reaper. On console at least. He is very difficult to aim with on PS4, a lot of times I feel like I'm stealing kills or just widdling away at their health until someone stronger kills them or I have to retreat. I don't feel like I'm benefiting the team playing Genji.

Zemm

The problem with double tracer, winston, lucio on both teams in comp is that there is actually nothing the observer can do stop you feeling dizzy and sick.

Yeah it's just a clusterfuck. The view when they zoom out and just show the point really highlights what a mess it is. This is why there needs to be hero limits.

Sure hope people can figure something that works against the double lucio, tracer, and winston comps. Really not interesting to watch.

Cmesl92XgAUgD8v.jpg:large

Jarate

Banned
Team stacking really needs to be killed ASAP by Blizzard and the competitive leagues. It's just going to turn into TF2 2.0 where teams are just gonna run their few classes over and over again. 1 per team varies the meta a lot more, and also is a lot more fun to watch cause you don't see the same exact team comp all the time

Gator86

From 63 to 48. The downward spiral continues. I really do not understand this games match making. I don't claim to be an amazing player or anything but I've never played a video game were I'm on the losing side as much as this one. It's totally baffling and making the game very unfun. Like why bother playing when I already know the likely outcome?

If I dropped that far I'd quit the game, partly out of frustration and partly from the teams. I can't even imagine the disaster of humanity lurking down in the mid 40s.

Zemm

In the previous payload map there was a point where there were 4 tracers and 2 D'vas just stalling out overtime.

ramyeon

Team stacking really needs to be killed ASAP by Blizzard and the competitive leagues. It's just going to turn into TF2 2.0 where teams are just gonna run their few classes over and over again. 1 per team varies the meta a lot more, and also is a lot more fun to watch cause you don't see the same exact team comp all the time
Pretty much. Lots of people were defending hero stacking by saying it allows for more combinations, but it doesn't. Everyone falls back to the same comp in competitive and in QP it's just fucking dumb. Teams of 1 hero stacked 5 times are common on PS4 (And it's usually Torbjorn). It's not fun to play or watch.

Jarate

Banned
Literally every other class based game nowadays dont allow team stacking. Just make it so it has moba like modes where there's hero bannings and 1 hero per team.

Rowena

Neo Member
I feel I'm finally decent that I'm up to party with you guys. So add me if you want to. Here is my info:

System: PS4
PlayerID: VaultTech101
Mic: Yes
Mostly on anytime after noon (central)

Sifl

The only problem with hero bannings would be that Lucio+Mercy would just be instant banned for both teams for everymatch.

Sweet baby Jose, Surefour is just so much more of a player than some of these poor people who have to play against him. A fucking monster. RIP dreams.

Jarate

Banned
The only problem with hero bannings would be that Lucio+Mercy would just be instant banned for both teams for everymatch.

Then Blizzard needs to add in more healing classes because Zenyatta and Symmetra are not good enough for healingAnd even then, if mercy and Lucio are banned that goes both ways, so it's not like your helping your team shit ton if that's the case, and maybe that opens up Zenyatta being used a lot more then his basically 0% useage right now

Eeeeeeyup.

The core of the problem is that there's some heroes who synergize better with themselves than anybody else; Double Lucio is the classic example, where being able to have speed boost and health boost up constantly (and double the Amp It Up healing period) just kicks the hell out of using any other support as second. Winston being able to stack his shield, Tracers taking turns dashing in.

Hero Stacking was a fun experiment, and it made Overwatch unique in some ways, but unique =/= good. Shit needs to go.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I feel I'm finally decent that I'm up to party with you guys. Here is my info:

System: PS4
PlayerID: VaultTech101
Mic: Yes
Mostly on anytime after noon (central)

What's your SR?, your SSN#?
Do you play Hanzo?
Are you interested in Waifu/Husbando talk?
If you left Volksaya Industries @2pm, what time would you arrive at Temple of Anubis Objective B as a Torbjorn on Attack?

Answer these and I might chat with you... Playing will cost you a 20 questionnaire... Be prepared

lol

Rowena

Neo Member
What's your SR?, your SSN#?
Do you play Hanzo?
Are you interested in Waifu/Husbando talk?
If you left Volksaya Industries @2pm, what time would you arrive at Temple of Anubis Objective B as a Torbjorn on Attack?

Answer these and I might chat with you... Playing will cost you a 20 questionnaire... Be prepared

lol

Haha nice. Placed at 57, dropped down cause I'm too stubborn to accept defeat and keep playing with ransoms. No I don't play Hanzo, I'm fine with any talk as long as it's also promoting team work. If I left Volksaya Industries at 2pm I'll get the Anubis at 6:05pm because it's a 4 hour 5 min flight.

Veelk

Banned
Costumes are "this summer"

Go ask Jeff about your Mann v Machine at the overwatch forums.

Yeah. I caught your post about in the last thread.

As for the other, whose Jeff? :p

Sorry, I'm a very casual player. The reason I ask is because this is a very unusual game for me to like. What drew me to Overwatch was it's characters. I've never had a game that held me attention in MP, so I was really weary of picking it up. But it all turned out well, now I'm hooked for the first time on an MP only game.

But I'd still prefer to play against a set of AI of some kind. I don't think I need a storymode or whatever, but something like Horde mode would probably match my personal playstyle more than PvP. Which isn't that huge a deal, because I'm still loving the MP, but it would be a nice thing to include for players like me.

I just want to know if it's in any way a realistic possibility.

Jarate

Banned

Sorry, I'm a very casual player. The reason I ask is because this is a very unusual game for me to like. What drew me to Overwatch was it's characters. I've never had a game that held me attention in MP, so I was really weary of picking it up. But it all turned out well, now I'm hooked for the first time on an MP only game.

But I'd still prefer to play against a set of AI of some kind. I don't think I need a storymode or whatever, but something like Horde mode would probably match my personal playstyle more than PvP. Which isn't that huge a deal, because I'm still loving the MP, but it would be a nice thing to include for players like me.

just play against CPU?

Sifl

Then Blizzard needs to add in more healing classes because Zenyatta and Symmetra are not good enough for healingAnd even then, if mercy and Lucio are banned that goes both ways, so it's not like your helping your team shit ton if that's the case, and maybe that opens up Zenyatta being used a lot more then his basically 0% useage right now
Nothing would make me happier the Zen actually being viable ;_; my sweet prince.

GraveRobberX

Haha nice. Placed at 57, dropped down cause I'm too stubborn to accept defeat and keep playing with ransoms. No I don't play Hanzo, I'm fine with any talk as long as it's also promoting team work. If I left Volksaya Industries at 2pm I'll get the Anubis at 6:05pm because it's a 4 hour 5 min flight.

Almost buddy material, but you got my trick question wrong, a Torb leaving Volskaya would never reach Temple, he would still be on the rotating platforms hammering away, "Muh' Torret!"

Jeff is a community manager(that's what he is right?) at Blizzard. He does a lot of the game updates and tells of most of the info we know.

Veelk

Banned
just play against CPU?

Yeah. I know playing against the AI is an option, but with a dedicated PvE mode, you can can get a bit more creative with the gameplay, since they can design enemies that aren't the player characters or have the player characters play differently, and also pace the matches differently form what is normal gameplay right now.

Jeff is a community manager(that's what he is right?) at Blizzard. He does a lot of the game updates and tells of most of the info we know.

Ah. Okay.

cHinzo

Tune in a pro match to see how Overwatch is doing in the competitive scene. 3 Tracers, 2 Lucios and a Zarya in one team vs 2 Tracers, 2 Lucios, a Zarya and a Reaper lol. Yeah, nope. This shit is pretty lame. :"D

Sifl

Tune in a pro match to see how Overwatch is doing in the competitive scene. 3 Tracers, 2 Lucios and a Zarya in one team vs 2 Tracers, 2 Lucios, a Zarya and a Reaper lol. Yeah, nope. This shit is pretty lame. :"D
But, no hero limit leads to more comps and more diverse options.
Kappa

GraveRobberX

Now watch as this Meta seeps into console play

Hey if the pros can make it look so easy, gawd dammit so can I

Here comes the me too crowd of thinking just having this combination = victory, when in reality its skill, lil' luck, and team chemistry/communication that makes these teams be pro
Bring on the double Lucio's and quadruple Tracers, my Turret awaits for free kills

4 Golds playing as Zen pushing the payload with a Reinhardt.😥😥
Managed to get right up to the last point despite the lackluster team

Satch

Banned
GETTING NOTHING WHEN THE ENEMY TEAM LEAVES IS SO CORNY 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Maybe Blizzard could try out a 1 hero limit for a season of competitive and leave quickplay as is? That way people who want to fuck around with their hilarious all Mei lineup would still have a place to do that.

Maybe Blizzard could try out a 1 hero limit for a season of competitive and leave quickplay as is? That way people who want to fuck around with their hilarious all Mei lineup would still have a place to do that.

My guess is that this will probably happen for the next season.

Given that the eSports wing will continue to push for at least some limit to hero stacking in their games, I expect Blizz will give it at least some shot.

GETTING NOTHING WHEN THE ENEMY TEAM LEAVES IS SO CORNY 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Pretty obvious that the word on this is out and people are now intentionally doing it to screw over the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom