• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pacific Drive gets free content update, including PS5 performance mode.

Duchess

Free Content Update Highlights:

Photo Mode: Capture and share stunning in-game moments
PS5 Performance Mode: Enjoy optimized performance on PlayStation 5 for a smoother gameplay experience
Paintable Car Headlights and Light Parts: Customize your vehicle even more
New Car Part - Juke Jet: Dodge sideways with the new Juke Jet car-ability part
New Garage Upgrades:
Smart Matter Deconstructor: Throw items into the Matter Deconstructor for efficient disposal
Vargas Auto-Pac-Vac: Automatically store vacuumed items in the Transfer Trunk
Interactive Jukebox: Players can now kick the jukebox to turn it on and off
Expanded Worldbuilding:
New recreational points of interest (POIs)
New variations on road obstructions, abandoned vehicles, signs and ARDA trailers
New explorable rooms and environmental details in tunnels
New coastal-themed Highway map added to Outer Zone
New Free Cosmetics:
Believer Sticker
The Golden Dumpster (Hood Ornament)

Edit: originally called the thread "Specific Drive" in reference to a weird Family Guy bit. Figured 99.99999% wouldn't get the reference. Here's a (dodgy) clip, though:

Last edited:

Duchess

The Steam page has some extra info on the PS5 update:

Introducing PS5 Performance Mode!

- This is a game setting that configures your game across the board for a significant increase in performance on the PlayStation 5 console - our aim here is to smooth out the overall experience and provide options for players experiencing performance hiccups during gameplay. We do plan on improving general performance for all platforms and improvements to the efficiency of PS5 performance mode in the future.

So, it sounds as it's getting there, but not quite where the devs want it to be just yet.

Tried this a little on steam deck but you gotta lower it all and make it look like a ps2 game to even play it.
May try it again elsewhere at some point.

Killer8

I heard the game had the Unreal stutter struggle on PC while the PS5 alternative being locked at 30fps made me pause. Now that it's got a performance mode I may pick up the nice physical release.

R6Rider

Gold Member
One day I’ll get to this. Just need to finish 300 other games first.
You Got This Harry Potter GIF by Sky

Mossybrew

Nice to see, might be a reason to take the wagon out for one more spin. Love this game, really hope it gets a sequel.

StereoVsn

It’s been on my Steam wishlist for a while. Going to give it another six months before even bothering to play.

It’s just not worth even buying indies at launch now days.

MacReady13

So, it sounds as it's getting there, but not quite where the devs want it to be just yet.
So basically like a large majority of games today, a "finished game" really isn't finished but is being beta tested by us consumers who give feedback to the devs who then work on fixing what SHOULD have been done before release... God gaming today is SO DAMN GOOD!!!

DeepSpace5D

Nice, I was just browsing the PSN summer sale yesterday and saw it was only like $17. Didn’t pull the trigger on it at the time but this update sounds good so I think I’ll pick it up.

The concept of Pacific Drive has intrigued me since the game was revealed.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Hmmmm....

ANOTHER "CPU intensive" game getting a performance mode on console ? ; )

Glad for the update. Hopefully that will help me with returning to it. I just couldn’t get into the game before for several reasons, but I always like going back to a game after some upgrades.

I agree that it really needs to be on PSVR2.

Last edited:
Imagine being in a time where acting like a free update to 60fps is worth any damn thing. Once again, the ability to develop it was there to begin with, why wasn’t it already there? I’m getting so damn tired of “early access” games releasing and devs acting like they are doing gamers a service when a launch thing should have been there to begin with. Acting like you added something special…no, that’s the way the game should have launched, don’t act like you did something special 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Top Bottom