• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pastor who claims gays caused ‘moral 9/11’ preaches at Trump’s inauguration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

A pastor who blamed gay people for a “moral 9/11” has preached to millions at Donald Trump’s inauguration ceremony.

Pastor Franklin Graham was one of a number of hard-right religious figures to appear at the event, just minutes after President Trump was sworn into office.

The pastor, the son of evangelist Billy Graham and head of Christian charity Samaritan’s Purse, spoke for less than a minute, claiming that God was “blessing” Trump by raining on the event before reading 1 Timothy 2.

Graham is not always known for sticking so solidly to the scripture.

The pastor recently claimed there had been a “moral 9/11” in America due to “gays and lesbians” on school boards.

He claimed: “The country is imploding. We are seeing a moral implosion. Just like we saw the World Trade Center on 9/11 when the planes hit the tower, they imploded, they fell from within, and this is what’s happening to our country, we’re falling within.

“So many school districts now are controlled by wicked, evil people, and the gays and lesbians… I keep bringing their name up, but they are at the forefront of this attack against Christianity in America.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/01/2...r&utm_content=TwitterN&utm_campaign=PNTwitter

Christian extremists are always eager to use the actual physical, tragic deaths of thousands as a bludgeon against people who have not and never will affect how they live their lives.

I could literally tell he was a fucked just by looking at his miserable old man face.

Coupled with his "THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD, BITCHES" section.

Dude Abides

Banned
Remember when there was controversy about Rick Warren at Obama's inauguration? This clown makes him look like a Unitarian.

ShyMel

Remember that even when Pence was revealed to be his running mate, people still thought that Trump wouldn't set back gay rights and protections? Having people such as Graham to speak at such an event allows other homophobes to feel more free to preach their own hurtful views and enact violence.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
“So many school districts now are controlled by wicked, evil people, and the gays and lesbians… I keep bringing their name up, but they are at the forefront of this attack against Christianity in America.
Go fuck yourself. The country is imploding because asshats like you are emboldened not because of people being able to be open about who they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom