• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

Xez is a fucker cause he's in that group of 4 I was talking about.

My genuine apologies, I completely misunderstood.

Thing is, it isn't P2W. You can do perfectly fine with the base weapons of the game (CAR4 and Judge being some of the best in the game), and the heists are still available to play if you don't have it.

The Car-4 only becomes good once you're using the weapon mods provided by the Gage Mod Courier and Butcher AK/CAR Mod DLCs, and the Judge is really only significantly great as a HE ammo carrier. And oh look, HE ammo is DLC.

And as someone pointed out above, winning Death Wish is SIGNIFICANTLY easier with DLC weapons. Each DLC pack introduced weapons and/or mods that are better than the ones in the last, and by FAR better than the ones in the base game itself.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Car-4 only becomes good once you're using the weapon mods provided by the Gage Mod Courier and Butcher AK/CAR Mod DLCs, and the Judge is really only significantly great as a HE ammo carrier. And oh look, HE ammo is DLC.

And as someone pointed out above, winning Death Wish is SIGNIFICANTLY easier with DLC weapons. Each DLC pack introduced weapons and/or mods that are better than the ones in the last, and by FAR better than the ones in the base game itself.

The DLC mods isn't really the problem. The problem is that mods for ALL guns even DLC ones is pure RNG drops. Now, granted, they finally fucking got a hint with the achievement drop stuff being "permanent in your inventory one-time use" stuff but still.

Why can't they just make a mod shop like the guns and use the offshore cash to pay for the mods? Grinds my gears that they still have that stupid PAYDAY RNG at the end of heists that DOES JACKSHIT and just annoys.

Valkrai

The DLC mods isn't really the problem. The problem is that mods for ALL guns even DLC ones is pure RNG drops. Now, granted, they finally fucking got a hint with the achievement drop stuff being "permanent in your inventory one-time use" stuff but still.

Why can't they just make a mod shop like the guns and use the offshore cash to pay for the mods? Grinds my gears that they still have that stupid PAYDAY RNG at the end of heists that DOES JACKSHIT and just annoys.

Agreed, there needs to be more ways to get mods. Offshore Payday did just that but it went out surprisingly quick after Infamy 2.0 released, Side Jobs also give mods but are RNG to the weapon. There's also a mod that lets you get specific modes with the currency in the mod.

Y'all need to check out Goonmod. It adds a shop to buy weapon mods from based on how many times you've completed a courier pack. And you don't need the courier pack DLC to collect packs, just to earn the weapon mods from them. And before you ask, Almir already said they don't consider it cheating.

The DLC mods isn't really the problem.

It is, though. The CAR-4 - widely agreed upon to be the best gun in the game - can't even break 40 damage without DLC mods, 40 damage being the community-agreed-upon breakpoint where you can kill greens in one headshot and tans in two.

TheSeks

Y'all need to check out Goonmod. It adds a shop to buy weapon mods from based on how many times you've completed a courier pack. And you don't need the courier pack DLC to collect packs, just to earn the weapon mods from them. And before you ask, Almir already said they don't consider it cheating.

I should not have to mod the game to get around their bullshit. The RNG Payday drop system IS AWFUL. There is no defense for it and it should've been dropped a LONNNNNNNNNNNNG time ago.

It is, though. The CAR-4 - widely agreed upon to be the best gun in the game - can't even break 40 damage without DLC mods, 40 damage being the community-agreed-upon breakpoint where you can kill greens in one headshot and tans in two.

I'm... not seeing the issue here if the CAR can do 40 and the community as a whole thinks 40 is enough to one-shot most enemies while two-shotting a bit stronger ones.

Valkrai

I'd recommend Goonmod for those who are interested in it. I like the idea of Gagecoins and weapon customization but the mod feels too intrusive on the game for me to enjoy. Personally, I only use mods in Payday that are just for swapping the HUD or enemy reskin.

I should not have to mod the game to get around their bullshit. The RNG Payday drop system IS AWFUL. There is no defense for it and it should've been dropped a LONNNNNNNNNNNNG time ago.

I'm not disagreeing with you on that, dude. I'm just recommending a way to alleviate it.

I'm... not seeing the issue here if the CAR can do 40 and the community as a whole thinks 40 is enough to one-shot most enemies while two-shotting a bit stronger ones.

The CAR-4 can't do 40. That's what I'm trying to say.

Imagine Left 4 Dead where you couldn't kill common zombies with one headshot. That's Payday 2 without DLC.

Oreoleo

I'm not disagreeing with you on that, dude. I'm just recommending a way to alleviate it.

The CAR-4 can't do 40. That's what I'm trying to say.

Imagine Left 4 Dead where you couldn't kill common zombies with one headshot. That's Payday 2 without DLC.

That's the car-4 without DLC. Pretty sure the AK762 and AR16 or whatever can hit 40 just fine with vanilla mods. It's possible I'm wrong though.

I'm hyped for it, was hoping for another stealth only heist like Shadow Raid.
Oh yeah, me too. I prefer stealth over loud myself.

Oh, and the surprise mentioned in the behind the scenes video that Almir lied about earlier in the week...
you drive the cars.

Valkrai

Which isn't that fun, IMO.

Anyway, the mask for doing the heist quickly is worth it. Probably the best "free" mask given out since Hockey Heat.

I really like that, probably the only enjoyable thing for me in that heist. It's way too random to properly stealth it.

Oreoleo

According to people on reddit the saw still makes noise when you try to saw something so I'm not real sure what the point of that mod is.. Silent saw kills? Idk.

Inskipp

According to people on reddit the saw still makes noise when you try to saw something so I'm not real sure what the point of that mod is.. Silent saw kills? Idk.
Only the revving of the saw is silent, people will still hear you cutting something with the saw. Kind of pointless tbh, I wish it would have elevated concealment.

The damage mods for the saw however are really good. You can 1-tap deposit boxes/ATM- machines open without Berserker basic.

TheSeks

I really like that, probably the only enjoyable thing for me in that heist. It's way too random to properly stealth it.

I don't think it would be bad if the section wasn't so narrow + having to be "speeding" for Gone in... as an acheivement. Keyboard A/D'ing while W'ing just... doesn't feel comfortable driving.

O.DOGG

Heh I just turned the game on to check out the new mods and noticed the Mall ninja barrel says "I'm cool" on one side and "ninja assassin" on the other :) Funny this brick of a silencer has no concealment penalty.

payday2_speedrunners_poster.jpg

why the fuck is this what they release on day eight and not something for day one or two

TheSeks

Overkill said:
For the first time ever, our PAYDAY characters also make the jump to another game. Making this happen was a no-brainer and a perfect fit!” – OVERKILL_Almir

Uh... what is DayZ, then? I guess technically the bodies weren't put in another game, but the masks were.

Achievements for Hoxton's Revenge are on Steam early. Looks like stealth could be an option, cause there's one for not setting off the alarm.

Hoxton's Revenge isn't showing up on Steam activity page, but it did update on the spring break page.

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/springbreak/

Almost reminds me of Counterfeit from Payday 1 which is a good thing. Really like the look of the level. Also speaking of Payday 1, the orange face glass helmets that the cops wore in Payday 1 are an unlockable mask. Well looks more like an orange tinted taser mask, but still I think they were going for a Payday 1 homage.

Shinjica

Hoxton revenge heist is completely shit.

One day, penetrating in one house and use a drill to open a vault. Wow, never seen something like that in the past.

How was for unlocking it during the hype train?

Inskipp

One day, penetrating in one house and use a drill to open a vault. Wow, never seen something like that in the past.
I found it to be a lot more interesting to pull off in stealth, since it had a lot more unique mechanics going for it (balcony lasers, timed alarm box, varied vault- locks).

The lack of pre-planning is a bit perplexing though, this heist definitely could have used it.

Oreoleo

^Agree about pre-planning. Was kinda surprised when I loaded it up and saw it wasn't there.

How was for unlocking it during the hype train?

Well this is a little dramatic. Yeah maybe the heist could have used one more *thing* at the end after you gather the evidence to sell the gravitas of the revenge, but I think the heist is pretty boss. The layout of the house is awesome for running around during assaults and the stealth is kind of pitch perfect in regards to difficulty.

Valkrai

Today Overkill finally updated animations with a few gifs of what's new.

Update 65 changelog

Update size: 561.3 MB

The First Person Animations Update
Players will now be able to see the bullets in the magazines when reloading
Updated the transparent magazine for JP36, Commando 553, Kobus 90 and UAR
Updated the Expert magazine for the CAR-4 weapons family
Updated the first person reload animation on most weapons
Updated the first person shout animations
Updated the first person equip/unequip animations on most weapons
Updated the first person weapon butt melee attack animation on most weapons
Updated the first person throw frag grenade animation
Updated the first person tased animation
Updated the first person recoil animation on most weapons
Updated the first person cuffed animation
Updated the first person weapon aligment
Updated the first person sprint animation on most pistols
Updated the first person animation when using extended mags. It will no longer clip through the players hand
Updated the first person inspire animation
Added more reload sounds

General
Fixed a desync issue with the HE rounds on the client side
Fixed an issue where the players sometimes couldn't kill converted law enforcers
Fixed an issue where the players sometimes couldn't dominate law enforcers
Fixed an issue where players couldn't activate the feedback on the ECM Jammer when coming back from custody
Fixed an issue with the sound when having DMR kits attached on silenced weapons
Fixed an issue where placing a Sentry Gun sometimes marked players as cheaters
Fixed an issue where players couldn't complete the "Bang for your Buck" achievement with the Steakout 12G Shotgun
Fixed an issue where some sights where attached without a rail
Fixed an issue where some weapons clipped with the player camera when being cuffed
Fixed an issue where the bullets in the magazine of the JP36 Rifle were faced backwards
Fixed an issue where the team AI spawned outside the container on Armored Transport: Harbor
Fixed an issue with the description on the body bag case asset
Fixed a graphical issue in the loot drop screen when playing with 2560x1080 resolution

fps_update_m4_reload.gif

fps_update_scar_reload.gif

fps_update_pistol_reload.gif

fps_update_g36_reload.gif

TheSeks

So, they finally overhauled the XP system today.

It only took them... two years to finally solve the RATS problem that they had since launch and by doing it in a way that WON'T punish players.

kek.

Valkrai

Payday 2 Alesso Heist is now live
http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/alesso/

793.6 MB update, looks pretty cool.

Edit: Got the changelog, strangely not on the Steam announcement

Gameplay
•
Side Jobs:
Added new daily and weekly side jobs.
•
Skills:
Fixed interacting with objects in casing mode with aced sixth sense.
•
Transport: Train Heist:
Fixed an issue where bodies might fall out of reach of the
player
•
Carshop:
Fixed a navigation issue in regards to storage doors.
•
Carshop:
Fixed a broken light.
•
Carshop:
Fixed an issue where the C4 was given to the host when a client picks it
up.
•
Carshop:
Fixed an issue with the objectives.
•
Meltdown:
Added a collision to prevent players from getting stuck.
•
Meltdown:
Fixed an issue with the "There was a car!?" Achievement.
•
Meltdown:
Moved a crowbar that was possible to acquire through the wall.
•
Meltdown:
Fixed an issue where explosion barrels did not sync correctly.
•
Shadow Raid:
Fixed an issue where bodybags thrown in the water will respawn on
the level.
•
The Bomb:
Fixed an issue where bodybags thrown in the water will respawn on the
level.
•
Hotline Miami:
Fixed an issue where the player could fall through the level.
•
Hotline Miami:
Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck on a chair.
•
Framing Frame:
Fixed a navigation issue.
•
Bank Heist:
Fixed a spot where lootbags could get stuck out of reach for the player.
•
Big Oil:
Using Loud equipment now triggers the assault.
•
Rats:
Fixed a bug where the players could open the safes without alerting the
gangsters.
•
Nightclub:
Fixed a pathing issue regarding some doors.

Code
•
Vehicles:
Fixed issue where a player going into custody would not be placed
correctly in spectator mode, if other player is in the vehicle.
•
Vehicles:
Fixed an issue with AI exiting vehicle.
•
Vehicles:
Fixed issue when client would crash when entering full vehicle.
•
Vehicles:
Added accelerate and break to RT/LT on controller.
•
Vehicles:
Can't be tased in a vehicle.
•
Performance:
Shadow quality can be changed through the advanced video
settings.
•
Performance:
GPU flush can be changed through the advanced video settings.
•
Player:
Fixed a rare random crash.
•
AI:
Slight change in AI attacks.
•
AI:
Fixed crash when player would enter spectator mode on team AI.
•
AI:
Fixed a crash from AI failing to find a path.
•
Skills:
Fixed an issue with skills after going infamous.
•
Spawning:
Fixed a crash when spawning with a newly bought or mode weapon.

Weapons
•
Peacemaker .45 Revolver:
Fixed issue with reloading after exiting vehicle.
Fire:
Better sync for fire animations.
•
Fire:
Better stability for fire.
•
Explosion:
Fixed a miscalculation on explosions against bulldozers.
•
Plainsrider Bow:
Fixed an issue with the melee animation when using the bow.
•
Plainsrider Bow:
Fixed a graphical issue on the bow.
•
Plainsrider Bow:
Fixed an issue when a sync would fail and some arrows would
disappear.
•
Plainsrider Bow:
Fixed an issue where bow did not calculate accuracy.
•
Plainsrider Bow:
Fixed a crash when using the bow.

GUI
•
Endscreen:
Can now show more unlocks during the endscreen.
•
Hud:
Added decimals to experience to next level and experience gained.
•
Hud:
Names will not be capitalized anymore.
•
Vehicle:
Fixed issue with vehicle label would be applied twice in some cases.
•
Masks:
Some GUI changes to the mask customization to make the information
more readable.
•
Masks:
Choosing a pattern without having a color picked will make a mask revert to
default until a color has been picked.

Animation
•
AI team mates:
Fixed an issue when teammates walked.
•
Grenade:
Fixed an animation issue when throwing a grenade.
•
Peacemaker .45 Revolver:
Fixed issue with reloading.
•
Melee:
Fixed a crash with third person melee weapons.
•
Shotgun Ammo:
Dragon breath now should only pierce through shields.
•
Shotgun Ammo:
Fixed a miscalculation on shotgun ammo.
•
Repeater 1974 Sniper Rifle:
Fixed an issue with the silenced barrel.
•
Dynamite:
Change to dynamite effect.
•
Akimbo:
Fixed a rare crash when using akimbo pistols.

Sooooo Payday 2 PS4/XB1 comes out in a week or so. I'm doing the OT. I have some ideas for the title, but feedback/suggestions would be appreciated.

I know this thread is dead as fuck, but there's not really anywhere else do this.

My three in no particular order.

|A Patch a Day Keeps The Dentist Away
|Capital Gains on Capital Hill
|Time to Plan B This Bitch

Top Bottom