• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PDA question

Cimarron

Do any of you guys have any suggestions for a PDA that has wireless internet access, good productivity software/features, and good games? Money is no object the GF is getting me one.

Also do any of the current PDA's have good internet access eg. would i be able to check out the ga forums on the go?

DHGamer

I have one of these

axim30med_front_314x314.jpg

Dell Axim

I browse GAF every night from bed with desktop like speed using a plain old 802.11b wireless router.

Check HERE for more info.

I'd really recommend an add on browser like Netfront that supports tabbed browsing like Firefox.

Expect about 3-1/2 hours of heavy wifi browsing and 1:20 to fully recharge. If you want games check out PDAarcade for starters.

Right now dell is having a sale for $296 I think. Used to be a heavy duty Palm guy, but browsing on this switched me over for good.

Hope that helps.

Cimarron

cool thanks man. I was kinda eyeballing the HP ipaq pocket pc 4150 and sony clie nx73. How do you think these stack up. I'm kinda new to the PDA thing.

Nester

I second the Axim X30 High model. I got one for my wife and she loves using it to browse the net when I'm taking up the computer.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
I have a ipaq 4155 and it does great with NES emulation. SNES is full speed with the sound off and so-so with it on. The only downside is the battery life, but you can buy a larger one (which I did).

DHGamer

Cimarron said:
cool thanks man. I was kinda eyeballing the HP ipaq pocket pc 4150 and sony clie nx73. How do you think these stack up. I'm kinda new to the PDA thing.

I had a Clie with wifi but the browsing is much slower on a palm not to mention you can only have one site open at a time. With the Axim I can have five sites open and switch back and forth instantly like a desktop. I get about 300K sec downloads so its pretty much like a desktop with a smaller screen.

HP4150 is a great machine too. I've owned 3 previous Ipaqs but went for the dell becuase of the CPU speed and price. In my experience the Dell recharges faster too which is important.

Top Bottom