• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perhaps the funniest review of all time

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Just read this

"Argonaut apply their creative touch to the water-racer genre; leaving us asking do we actualyl need anymore..."

It gets better.

Matlock

Banned
Could it be that water based games are not the perfect setting for an enthralling video game? Could it be that the design layout in Carve is just too cumbersome? It’s highly probable that is a combination of the two

:lol

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Look up Derek de la Fuente or whatever the fuck he's called online. I dare you!
(check gamespress.com)
TVG = genius!

pilonv1

The big question is - does Carve's soundtrack set a new standard?

That said it's a horribly under-rated Xbox Live game, considering it's budget price.

"Some games you want to turn off after the shortest possible time and Carve is one of them!"
OVERALL: 5/10

Actually, RPGamer's Thousand Arms review is the funniest review ever. It's even more impressive if you know that English, technically speaking, is Mike Tidwell's first language. Some choice quotes:

"Being skeptical that the first dating RPG, I made the assumption the female characters would be extra cautious, making sure not to be too daring, or possibly even the complete lack of innuendo."

"The battles are very unique, as they are a one on one, with support from the other characters and monsters on each side. The only problems are that it's not completely believable, since monsters wouldn't normally follow such a structure, but they do."

"As we mention the music CD as one of Thousand Arms' extra goodies, one must mention that Atlus has gone all out with the goods. Atlus also decided to make their SoundTrack and MultiMedia CD availible for free, and a modest $2 shipping."

"I invite everyone to join Meis in trying to win the hearts all of girls he can find, which is no easy task. When there is more than one on the screen at once can be a real handful."

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
JackFrost2012 said:
"Some games you want to turn off after the shortest possible time and Carve is one of them!"
OVERALL: 5/10

Actually, RPGamer's Thousand Arms review is the funniest review ever. It's even more impressive if you know that English, technically speaking, is Mike Tidwell's first language. Some choice quotes:

"Being skeptical that the first dating RPG, I made the assumption the female characters would be extra cautious, making sure not to be too daring, or possibly even the complete lack of innuendo."

"The battles are very unique, as they are a one on one, with support from the other characters and monsters on each side. The only problems are that it's not completely believable, since monsters wouldn't normally follow such a structure, but they do."

"As we mention the music CD as one of Thousand Arms' extra goodies, one must mention that Atlus has gone all out with the goods. Atlus also decided to make their SoundTrack and MultiMedia CD availible for free, and a modest $2 shipping."

"I invite everyone to join Meis in trying to win the hearts all of girls he can find, which is no easy task. When there is more than one on the screen at once can be a real handful."

That sounds like he ran some Japanese review through Babelfish. :lol

I think the word he was looking for was 'jet-ski'

How on earth is it possible to write a several page review of a jetski game without using the word jetski (or Ski-doo). I'm almost rather impressed.

Top Bottom