• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dugna

dunno if its just because I'm so used to the flow of persona games now that I'm getting through this game pretty fine without knowing a lick of what they're talking about in Phone convos.

Question, but please keep it spoiler free.

Is there still anything like in P4 where choosing the wrong dialog choices costs you like 2-3 months worth of content? Does the game make it obvious that you're about to make those choices?

P4 SPOILER
deciding to throw Namatame, as well as who is the culprit

Also did anyone get the P5 edition with the bag? How is it?

GSR

Is there still anything like in P4 where choosing the wrong dialog choices costs you like 2-3 months worth of content? Does the game make it obvious that you're about to make those choices?

P4 SPOILER

Answer to your question, no spoilers:
Yes, but the game goes out of its way to make it clear you're about to make the choices that will determine your ending, even popping up a "you should really save right now" prompt.

Dugna

Man this investigation involving the beginning of the 3rd dungeon would be several times easier if I could read japanese =/ been stuck for hours...I get the jist of why we're doing this just not the full picture...so trying to do the order right is kinda annoying.

Dugna

P4 SPOILER

Also did anyone get the P5 edition with the bag? How is it?

which bag? The "Take your heart edition" bag I think didn't come with any LE of P5 in Japan.

Answer to your question, no spoilers:
Yes, but the game goes out of its way to make it clear you're about to make the choices that will determine your ending, even popping up a "you should really save right now" prompt.

Perfect answer, thanks!

which bag? The "Take your heart edition" bag I think didn't come with any LE of P5 in Japan.

Yeah I was referring to that bag.
26902291253_71dfe01381_b.jpg

I thought Japan also got something like it.

Dugna

Perfect answer, thanks!

Yeah I was referring to that bag.
26902291253_71dfe01381_b.jpg

I thought Japan also got something like it.

think it was completely seperate because when I was looking at the cheapest place to buy the LE I didn't see any ones with that bag...

Also a quick question for the 3rd dungeon,(Small spoilers)
I ended up in a karaoke bar and there was some convo then I went home. Next day a new location is unlocked but for some reason I just can't quick travel there and both meetup places don't give me a option to continue...what do I do?

think it was completely seperate because when I was looking at the cheapest place to buy the LE I didn't see any ones with that bag...

Also a quick question for the 3rd dungeon,(Small spoilers)
I ended up in a karaoke bar and there was some convo then I went home. Next day a new location is unlocked but for some reason I just can't quick travel there and both meetup places don't give me a option to continue...what do I do?

Did you have a conversation with her ?

You should be just past the 18th of june , right ?
You were getting information on how kaneshiro operates and how he scam people , well you haven't finished your investigation from makoto, then
you should get a big event on the 20th and the rest , well ... you should manage

Dugna

Did you have a conversation with her ?

You should be just past the 18th of june , right ?
You were getting information on how kaneshiro operates and how he scam people , well you haven't finished your investigation from makoto, then
you should get a big event on the 20th and the rest , well ... you should manage

I'm on the 18th right now, so I should be looking for that person in the pic still then?

Dugna

Figured it out finally :D. anyway I've noticed I'm low on revives and I'm at the store....which one is the revive?

EDIT: Just did a google translate on the wiki page of items, so I figured it out now

Dugna

Finally done with the third dungeon, still love the music in this game so far. Man the loading times in this game are super fast, even when reading off the disc.

MSMrRound

Just came across the first bad ending. Well, that sure was something. I blame my lack of Japanese for coming across it D=

Max cooperation link spoiler(hermit):
maxing Futaba's was totally worth it. The number of times it saved me from being wiped by regular mobs was pretty awesome. Still trying to utilize her treasure skill though...what exactly does it do? Pinpoint if a enemy is carrying a rare item and then I'll need to try to force it into a hold-up to request the item from them or something?

Well, now to reload from the last save file~

Mieu

Just hit 150 hours of gameplay. 11/29

Feel like this last dungeon was longer than it should be... or maybe it's just me that abused the system and got those items that make you recover SP so I could finish a dungeon in just one session.

The music of the dungeon and the fight against the boss was awesome. It's going to be difficult to accept that I won't be able to max all my stats nor I'd be close to complete all my SL either.

I think it's really big. P5 also has lesser dungeons compared to 4?

I haven't started the November palace yet since I am maxing out links. 11/20 is the deadline for some links right?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
P5 also has lesser dungeons compared to 4?

Spoilers on number of P5 dungeons:
P4 had 8 dungeons, and P4G added an extra one. P5 has 8 dungeons. In terms of the size, P5's dungeons are definitely larger than P4's.

Jintor

i really like the teach but as a former teacher myself
there is something seriously wrong with paying $50 a pop to get your teacher to dress up in a maid outfit and hang out with you

if she just liked cosplay that'd be one thing but this is weiiiiirrrrd

Gu4n

there is something seriously wrong with paying $50 a pop to get your teacher to dress up in a maid outfit and hang out with you

It's a little more complex than that. The protagonist
realises that she's doing this because she really needs the money and basically plays along to help her collect the money. And she keeps showing up in her maid costume because that's the job she signed up for.
And that in turn is tied to the main theme of freeing yourself from your sociological shackles.

FSLink

Banned

Aren't you the person who can't read Japanese?

EDIT: Never mind, wrong person

Jintor

It's a little more complex than that. The protagonist
realises that she's doing this because she really needs the money and basically plays along to help her collect the money. And she keeps showing up in her maid costume because that's the job she signed up for.
And that in turn is tied to the main theme of freeing yourself from your sociological shackles.

I know, but the bare bones of it is still really weird from a professional ethics standpoint

Maybe I'm still tired to my shackles lol. I'm only halfway through though

PK Gaming

That's not even the weird part. The weird part is that you can
date her and get sexy massages. Possibly more, lol.

2HiMn2Q.png

Dantis

Hey guys, out of curiousity, how does Makoto's "FISTS OF JUSTICE!" line match up with the way she's portrayed in the Japanese version? I don't remember her sounding much like it. Is her AoA line at all similar? Is it in character for her to act like that?

Lunar15

Hey guys, out of curiousity, how does Makoto's "FISTS OF JUSTICE!" line match up with the way she's portrayed in the Japanese version? I don't remember her sounding much like it. Is her AoA line at all similar? Is it in character for her to act like that?

I assumed she said something similar in her AoA, since her thief outfit is definitely supposed to be Kamen Rider influenced. It's not as energetic in the Japanese version, though.

Dantis

I assumed she said something similar in her AoA, since her thief outfit is definitely supposed to be Kamen Rider influenced. It's not as energetic in the Japanese version, though.
I just went back and watched her JP trailer. The difference is... substantial. The English performance is a joke. Really, really not good.

bluethree

Yeah I don't get it, something seems a bit...off about the localization so far. Well it's good they're including the JP voices at least

Jintor

i don't know if it's that the english performance is 'a joke' or it's just that the jpn voice performance is fucking amazing (especially without long-form comparison)

of course the point of a trailer is to hype and these eng voice trailers... are not doing that

Dugna

I finally got around to ripping the 20th anniversary discs...and I'm disappointed that the nighttime music track (Vocal version) isn't on the disc....I accidentally left the game on the other night and that track is so calming nice sleep music.

Jintor

I do remember a vague feeling about that, but
given the context of her general issues i thought it was at least partially about reclaiming a certain level of sexuality

The mere fact of sexuality is not itself a detriment, but it's gonna depends on the proper context...

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
110 tracks huh. The soundtrack rips of the game have around 120, so this is a bit worrying.
Was hoping there'd be done instrumental versions of songs like Last Surprise, or some of the original scoring that plays in the anime cutscenes, but with only that many tracks I'm not so confident that'll happen. I guess at most we can really just expect the full version of Wake up, Get up, Get out there.

Love your avatar by the way.

GSR

110 tracks huh. The soundtrack rips of the game have around 120, so this is a bit worrying.
Was hoping there'd be done instrumental versions of songs like Last Surprise, or some of the original scoring that plays in the anime cutscenes, but with only that many tracks I'm not so confident that'll happen. I guess at most we can really just expect the full version of Wake up, Get up, Get out there.

Love your avatar by the way.

Don't most of the soundtrack rips have repeated/blank tracks included, though? If anything 110 feels like way more than the actual amount of music in the game. And going by the P5 disc for the 20th anniversary set, they'll be including the music from the anime scenes as well.

Oh, the tracklist is out there already, it looks like. A few of the track names are spoilers: http://vgmdb.net/album/63053

Hi ImportGAF, my wife's heading to Tokyo in a bit and I was considering asking her to pick this up for me, as opposed to waiting till April for the US release. (I'm pretty fluent in Japanese, so no real worries about not being able to understand it)

Couple of questions:

1. Is this game region free? i.e. will it run on my US PS4? The OP just said it wasn't confirmed to be region free.

2. In your opinion, how likely is it that the US version will be censored? I'm not afraid to admit I like a little fan service here and there. As an example: I thought the Bravely Default Bravo Bikini changes etc for the US version was unnecessary.

Hi ImportGAF, my wife's heading to Tokyo in a bit and I was considering asking her to pick this up for me, as opposed to waiting till April for the US release. (I'm pretty fluent in Japanese, so no real worries about not being able to understand it)

Couple of questions:

1. Is this game region free? i.e. will it run on my US PS4? The OP just said it wasn't confirmed to be region free.

2. In your opinion, how likely is it that the US version will be censored? I'm not afraid to admit I like a little fan service here and there. As an example: I thought the Bravely Default Bravo Bikini changes etc for the US version was unnecessary.

1) normally I'd say yes, but they region locked the P4U games on PS3 so no ide

2) there's nothing to censor really. Normal beachwear level is as far as it goes

GSR

The game is region free on PS4. I played through a physical copy on my US PS4 with 0 issues, and if you want to pick up DLC you can use a Japanese account with that PS4 as the primary system.

Dugna

Couple of questions:

1. Its region free so it works on any PS3/4

2. I'm only like halfway but none of the outfits look like they will need changed at all for NA release, since overall basically every member is themed after thief stuff.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

Couple of questions:

No idea on 1, but the game is region free.

Mieu

Spoilers on number of P5 dungeons:
P4 had 8 dungeons, and P4G added an extra one. P5 has 8 dungeons. In terms of the size, P5's dungeons are definitely larger than P4's.

I definitely agree that P5's are like that.

Do OST's like this go on clearance sale after a few months?

Couple of questions:

I have the cheaper asian version and it works just fine.

I don't think Atlus will censor the costumes but for the social links... I dunno. Has sega/atlus been really cautious of this outside of Ninty's platform?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Atlus will censor the costumes but for the social links... I dunno. Has sega/atlus been really cautious of this outside of Ninty's platform?

No. They only censored DT2 out of fear that it might not get classification. At most, ages might be gone, but I can't even remember if their ages were mentioned in the game. I think Haru's was.
Hardin responded to a bunch of people asking in the twitch chat about censorship with an answer that essentially came down to "come on, of course not". Nothing in the game looks like anything that'd need censoring to receive classification at all, - well, except in Australia.

Mieu

Not really I'm afraid. Even used soundtracks hardly drop in price.

There goes my hope.... it's been hamaon'ed

No. They only censored DT2 out of fear that it might not get classification. At most, ages might be gone, but I can't even remember if their ages were mentioned in the game. I think Haru's was.
Hardin responded to a bunch of people asking in the twitch chat about censorship with an answer that essentially came down to "come on, of course not". Nothing in the game looks like anything that'd need censoring to receive classification at all, - well, except in Australia.

Well, they are mentioned to be highschool students. There's even a
suicide attempt scene. So I guess that's partly the cause of th M rating

Thanks for all the replies, it looks like I'll wait till April since I still have a bunch of games to play now and the Japanese price is still pretty high

DMiz

I just went back and watched her JP trailer. The difference is... substantial. The English performance is a joke. Really, really not good.

I actually liked it. There's a good contrast in the voice she uses during her 'demure' days, and the intensity she employs during her 'Phantom Thief' persona shows a good burst of energy.

I haven't watched the Japanese trailer for her voices, nor have I watched any Japanese gameplay in the interest of avoiding spoilers, but as someone who knows enough about the game pre-release, the voice works with my understanding of her arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom