• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I realized I could've had Kawakami's coop started a while ago. I never realized it until seeing in the network tab that shows what players did that day did people spend time with her. I rarely check it at night. I hit the touchpad while in Leblanc and see
川上と過ごした.

I remember Morgana kept mentioning something about her afterschool but I thought it'd be some cutscene that pops up.

You're still on time to max her SL, I guess.

I realized I could start calling her kind of late and I didn't know she was kind of useful until much later.

I don't know if I'll play NG+ or if I should wait until the release of the US version.

I've accumulated 160 hours of gaming time (and still counting). This is the longest Persona game I've played.

Lynx_7

People are blasting through this game lol.

i'm 6/16 and 57 hours in.

I haven't started the 3rd dungeon yet.

Dude. It's been, like, 2 months already. At some point you gotta realize maybe you're just a slow burner. lol
I say this as someone who picked up SMT Apocalypse at launch and only now reached the last boss with 120 hours on the clock. I'm slow as molasses too. Persona 5 will probably last me months.

You're still on time to max her SL, I guess.

I realized I could start calling her kind of late and I didn't know she was kind of useful until much later.

I don't know if I'll play NG+ or if I should wait until the release of the US version.

I've accumulated 160 hours of gaming time (and still counting). This is the longest Persona game I've played.

my plan is to play this game over again on New Game + to get an even better feel since as I played this game I've been learning new Japanese so by the time I'm finished with it I'll have an even better understanding of some earlier scenes.

Dude. It's been, like, 2 months already. At some point you gotta realize maybe you're just a slow burner. lol
I say this as someone who picked up SMT Apocalypse at launch and only now reached the last boss with 120 hours on the clock. I'm slow as molasses too. Persona 5 will probably last me months.

I don't even play everyday and the days I do play it's probably for an hour at most. Then the time I do play I'm just reading everything/exploring and stuff. when I was first playing I'd look up a lot of words.

Steiner

Banned
I'm embarrassed to ask this but... I'm about an hour and a half in, don't read Japanese, and I don't know how to save? Data save is grey and I can't select it. Do I have to find a certain spot or item? I'm in the school right now, after the very first trip to first dungeon.

I'm embarrassed to ask this but... I'm about an hour and a half in, don't read Japanese, and I don't know how to save? Data save is grey and I can't select it. Do I have to find a certain spot or item? I'm in the school right now, after the very first trip to first dungeon.

Once you can move around the school in the first day , you need to go to the roof , BEFORE THAT , just press Options to save.

Exemples for when you can save :
-in the school when you're in control
-In your room
-In any Save room in any dongeon.
-In the first room of any dongeon ( when your teamates are waiting )
-When the game prompt you to do so during the story.
-In a certain place that i can't spoil for obvious reasons

Steiner

Banned
Once you can move around the school in the first day , you need to go to the roof , BEFORE THAT , just press Options to save.

-In your room
-In any Save room in any dongeon.
-In the first room of any dongeon ( when your teamates are waiting )
-When the game prompt you to do so during the story.
-In a certain place that i can't spoil for obvious reasons

Hmm thanks for the response. I can't go up past the second floor for some reason, it keeps turning my around. I'll keep snooping around.

Edit: had to find my classroom, apparently. After that cutscene I was able to save in the menu.

raven777

It doesn't have to be in school? You can save anywhere in the town when you are in control.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
What exactly is the quote in Japanese? I hear something like "Zekken seisai", and I guess it's a 4-kanji expression. 絶拳制裁?

Close, it's "Tekken seisai", "鉄拳制裁!"

Kysen

I'm embarrassed to ask this but... I'm about an hour and a half in, don't read Japanese
You're going to have a rough time with this game. There is a mountain of text in this game. Not to mention all the obscure school question stuff on days.

I'm 60hrs in and finally got Futaba, lol she is crazy. This has been one of the best JRPGs in years. At the moment struggling with too many social links. I have stopped talking to mishima, ryuuji and yusuke because my time is always taken by sadayo, makato, tae and shogi girl (cant remember name).

Money was a huge issue up until a few hours ago and now all of a sudden I have 200k. Holding monsters up and asking for cash seems to give more than just killing them.

raven777

artbook cover

Cxyo6qZUUAABieu.jpg:large

It doesn't have to be in school? You can save anywhere in the town when you are in control.

I realise that my reply and my intent weren't totally in sync. i meant to say , when you get the control back in the school ( after the classes ) and my intent wasn't exactly properly passed.

Indeed , you can save anywhere that isn't a dongeon by using options, dongeons need a save room.

Hmm thanks for the response. I can't go up past the second floor for some reason, it keeps turning my around. I'll keep snooping around.

Edit: had to find my classroom, apparently. After that cutscene I was able to save in the menu.

Sorry i thought you already had done this event.

Dugna

This is sorta weird thing to notice that I don't like about P5, the battles are to seemless, like I could be jamming out to a dungeons music and loving how I'm just being a theif and then it transistions to the battle music which for some of the dungeons is kinda jarring tone wise.

P3/4 made up for this stuff by having a splash loading screen and letting the transistion happen a bit more smoothly in a odd way....

So I'm finishing up the game, around February, and there's a Valentine's Day event (I didn't choose a romantic interest). I'm guessing
Ryuuji complaining about Yuusuke receiving chocolate even though he's a "hentai" is meant to be interpreted as "Yuusuke received chocolate from girls, even though he's "gay?"

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm finishing up the game, around February, and there's a Valentine's Day event (I didn't choose a romantic interest). I'm guessing
Ryuuji complaining about Yuusuke receiving chocolate even though he's a "hentai" is meant to be interpreted as "Yuusuke received chocolate from girls, even though he's "gay?"

Lol no.
The hentai joke is cause Yusuke is a somewhat of a weirdo(he sleeps nude, has low social awareness, interested in female in nude "in the pursuit of beauty"), which is even more ironic cause Futaba originally made it who arguably ranks right alongside on the weirdo scale.
Basically Ryuji is jealous because he knows all of that about Yusuke and bemoans the fact that someone like him is popular compared to him.

Lol no.
The hentai joke is cause Yusuke is a somewhat of a weirdo(he sleeps nude, has low social awareness, interested in female in nude "in the pursuit of beauty"), which is even more ironic cause Futaba originally made it who arguably ranks right alongside on the weirdo scale.
Basically Ryuji is jealous because he knows all of that about Yusuke and bemoans the fact that someone like him is popular compared to him.

Yep. Which makes him da besssss.

Please let me love him in P5 Crimson. ;-; I'll make him breakfast in bed every day.

Well I completed it and I loved it. It wasn't exactly elegant in every way and I still have hang ups on the battle system (I think the press turn system or whatever it is in this iteration inhibits complexity, freedom, and flexibility - even though I found it fun to play), the game is clearly the best title as a full package since Innocent Sin and I really appreciate some of the political messages intended for Japanese people that somehow feel timely in a broader global sense. The story too isn't without flaws, sometimes clumsy and other times overly manipulative, but it works overall and I can forgive some of the messiness of it given that it seems to make sense (if you really studied the story, I wouldn't be surprised to find a few plot holes).

I think one of the best decisions ATLUS made was to have the characters
need to find a real world solution to the problem at hand, so it doesn't appear that the game is sending the message that "you can take action and make change - as long as you have magic!"

Edit: Oh, btw, you guys are probably right about it being in reference to the nude art gag.

So that's what happens when you don't have a girlfirend ? I was with takemi sae and i didn't dislike my event.

Dugna

September spoilers
FUCK YOU ELEPHANT IN HARU'S DUNGEON, ONLY BEING WEAK TO LIGHT AND HAVING HIGH SPELL DODGE YOU CAN SUCK A DAMN DICK.

Just wanted to get that off my chest, other then that still having fun.

Mieu

Do you still have Tentarafoo? It works wonders there or if you're just extorting money. That elephant is prone to status ailments from bufu, agi, and others

I still have
military shop guy at level 1 and i havent started one coop. Arcade kid and I'm at November 5.

Dugna

Do you still have Tentarafoo? It works wonders there or if you're just extorting money. That elephant is prone to status ailments from bufu, agi, and others

I still have
military shop guy at level 1 and i havent started one coop. Arcade kid and I'm at November 5.

Uhh....I don't think I have Tentarafoo but how I've been beating it just overpowering it with straight firepower, I can sometimes get lucky with a hamaon I added to my Arsene but thats it.

(September spoilers)
I think I found the first dungeon I dislike out of P5, Why Atlus would you make a game with cover mechanics for optimizing battle, then make a whole freaking dungeon with like cover space....so much time wasted being in head on fights especially in the space puzzle room where you jump through funnels.

^ above is my 2nd small problem with P5 atm...still again having tons of fun.

Mieu

Uhh....I don't think I have Tentarafoo but how I've been beating it just overpowering it with straight firepower, I can sometimes get lucky with a hamaon I added to my Arsene but thats it.

(September spoilers)

^ above is my 2nd small problem with P5 atm...still again having tons of fun.

Anne should have tentarafoo unless you discarded it

12/22 iirc

I think i'll miss out on 2 links. Haha! New game plus it is!!

I got my guidebook 2 days ago from amazon jp. Some pics of the covers and bookmark it came with. (not posting pics of the inside unless people want because spoilers etc)

Db5a.png

wOG1.png

next to the SMTIVF complete guide
1gIx8.png

bookmark
MTbu.png

MSMrRound

Man, the
December
(month spoiler) dungeons are such a slog. Been playing a couple of hours for two to three days now and still chipping away at it

(Dungeon spoiler)
gotta go after the 4th VIP now. Hopefully I'm done with those puzzle rooms for this one

Mieu

I got my guidebook 2 days ago from amazon jp. Some pics of the covers and bookmark it came with. (not posting pics of the inside unless people want because spoilers etc)

Db5a.png

wOG1.png

next to the SMTIVF complete guide
1gIx8.png

bookmark
MTbu.png

Show it. Please??? How much did it cost you?

Show it. Please??? How much did it cost you?
Ok ill take a couple of pictures of early in game stuff and post in a bit.

Whatever Amazon JP price (2000 something) + 1000 yen shipping to India. I plan on ordering the artbook as well and the OST from AMZ JP.

MSMrRound

Ahh crap. Might have missed out on the last opportunity to do party member co-operations...somewhere in the middle of December and none of them are popping up..when's the last day for party member co-op events...specifically?

Had
Makoto's and Haru's co-op at rank 9 too...=/
or it is because
I have yet to clear the December dungeon
?

GSR

Ahh crap. Might have missed out on the last opportunity to do party member co-operations...somewhere in the middle of December and none of them are popping up..when's the last day for party member co-op events...specifically?

Had
Makoto's and Haru's co-op at rank 9 too...=/
or it is because
I have yet to clear the December dungeon
?

The latter. If you have less than a week until the deadline or are at the point you can send the notice, party co-ops will block until you finish the dungeon.

MSMrRound

The latter. If you have less than a week until the deadline or are at the point you can send the notice, party co-ops will block until you finish the dungeon.

That cleared up some things. Thanks!

Edit: December notice spoilers
oh my god this notice-sending scene is pretty damn cool

Reached the point where I can't progress with the SL anymore, managed to max Yusuke's in the last day (obvious spoiler)
December 22

Maxed Ryuji, Ann, Makoto and Yusuke. level 5 with Futaba, didn't even start with Haru.

Maxed also: Moon, Tower, Death, Strength, Devil and Sun + the story ones.

Almost maxed: Fortune, Temperance, Star.

Left Hierophant at level 6 and Hanged man at level 1.

Knowing what I know now I could max all of them in just one run... I think I'll try to do that for the western release.

I finally just got Makoto. I was smiling the whole time she was unleashing her Persona. I love the in-engine scenes and then the battle that ensues with it's boss battle music. So goood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom