• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
For anybody who's beaten the game and can answer a mechanic question for me:

I hear that maxing Fool grants you bonus EXP for fusions. Surely this means I can wait until Fool maxes out to finish both Strength and the compendium, yes?
Otherwise I don't know why they'd bother putting that in.

no for the first, yes for the second. you don't really need it for the first one.

Frimaire

Does anybody know when that Raidou Costume DLC is coming out in the west?
Also, I don't remember seeing anything about a DDS costume set, did they do one?
Total waste if they didn't, some of the characters are perfect:
Yusuke-Gale
MC-Serph
Morgana-Schrodinger
Ryuji-Heat
Ann-Argilla

I rarely bought any weapons or armor the whole game to b honest, most my gear came from chest in mementos an palaces.

I think it helps speed up the process sometimes.... or maybe it's just out of old RPG habits lol. But the main thing is I want to know when the last batch of upgrades come in? I'm currently at the 7th palace

4th palace is so sad. :(

I only just entered it, but man the whole 4th palace arc came out of nowhere--it's great.

I love the way they've handled Personas and dungeons in this one; the fiction is incredibly well-realised this time around. At least so far! No idea how they'll ever top it in P6.

Beant

Anyone have some tips to beat the fifth palace boss on hard?

I cannot survive the big bang challenge. I know about the hunger thing, but sheesh...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I kind of want a Persona 3 remake on this engine with handcrafted Tartarus floors interwoven into the plot...
although I'd prefer a direct sequel to this game

Espada

I'm in mid September now but Ryuji is rapidly becoming my least favorite character in the Persona series. I get that he's the Junpei/Yosuke character, but goddamn he is just aggravating.

Moaradin

Man, I always get super worried that I won't be able to complete all the S-Links I want to in these games. It's even worse now that the bonuses you get for them are actually meaningful this time around. I get so little time between dungeons -_-

Does anybody know when that Raidou Costume DLC is coming out in the west?
Also, I don't remember seeing anything about a DDS costume set, did they do one?
Total waste if they didn't, some of the characters are perfect:
Yusuke-Gale
MC-Serph
Morgana-Schrodinger
Ryuji-Heat
Ann-Argilla

In a couple weeks now.

Kireek

Whats a decent level to be at after the
7th
dungeon? I managed to beat the boss at level 64 but it gave me a real rough time, kinda feel like I'm underleveled.

Linkura

I'm in mid September now but Ryuji is rapidly becoming my least favorite character in the Persona series. I get that he's the Junpei/Yosuke character, but goddamn he is just aggravating.

Mid-September now, and agreed. He's the worst. He was ok at the start of the game, but has rapidly degraded into an annoying piece of shit.

Nose Master

To everyone complaining about Ryuji: Mishima is so much worse. 9/9 and Mishima S Link spoilers:
I legitimately hate the dude. Even at a high social link and fighting his "shadow" self, he's still the same turd he's always been. I'd watch Ryuji shout about being a thief over him holding his hat for praise about his shitty fan site ten times out of ten. Ugh. I wish I had the option to kill his shadow and make the dude catatonic. So tired of him being force fed into the narrative. The fucking worst.

9/6 class question spoiler:
kYqs9iH.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mishima
has been hanging out in the
red light district
for weeks waiting for me to go talk to me (I can even advance his rank lol) and I just cba with him :(

Same for the
leblanc
dude tbh.

Zafir

Whats a decent level to be at after the
7th
dungeon? I managed to beat the boss at level 64 but it gave me a real rough time, kinda feel like I'm underleveled.

What difficulty are you on? I beat it at a lower level than that, around level 61 or so. I didn't particularly have any trouble either. If you're also on normal, maybe you should consider looking into fusing some better Persona?

A.J.

Banned
Mishima
red light district
for weeks waiting for me to go talk to me (I can even advance his rank lol) and I just cba with him :(

Same for the
leblanc
dude tbh.

What's your beef with Sojiro?

Chase17

Secured route in the 6th palace. Great dungeon! Certainly in my top 2 with palace 4.

Man, I always get super worried that I won't be able to complete all the S-Links I want to in these games. It's even worse now that the bonuses you get for them are actually meaningful this time around. I get so little time between dungeons -_-

I at least try to max out all the party members, but not I'm going to be able to do that here. Darn social stat checks!

Goddamn, Shiki-Ouji is the gift that keeps on giving. Block phys is so useful at this stage, normal feels like ez mode. Might have to up the difficulty to compensate.

R0ckman

I think it's a testament to how good this game that after getting spoiled on one end game (I presume) bit accidentally that I'm enjoying my time so much it hasn't really bothered me.

On the otherhand the Fortune social link starts and it
took 100,000 yen from me... that hit HARD. I hope there's a way I can get it back :(

Get to rank 8 or 9 with her I think.

Xeteh

Mishima
red light district

Same for the
leblanc
dude tbh.

Woah woah woah.
I'm with you on Mishima but Sojiro is god tier.

Kireek

What difficulty are you on? I beat it at a lower level than that, around level 61 or so. I didn't particularly have any trouble either. If you're also on normal, maybe you should consider looking into fusing some better Persona?

I'm actually playing on easy lol. Maybe I'm just bad. My strongest persona atm is a Seth that I fused.

At the clinic after getting the Death confidant up a few levels (I think 4 or 5). Get her to 7 for half off prices.

Cool, I'm mid way through the second palace
yusuke just joined the team
and I think my death confidant is at level 4. Course right now I'm level 16 which is above the average so I'm not super worried about it.

R0ckman

Loved all of the dungeon themes in this though the 3rd dungeon's theme seemed like it was ripped out of an early 90s action flick.

To everyone complaining about Ryuji: Mishima is so much worse. 9/9 and Mishima S Link spoilers:
I legitimately hate the dude. Even at a high social link and fighting his "shadow" self, he's still the same turd he's always been. I'd watch Ryuji shout about being a thief over him holding his hat for praise about his shitty fan site ten times out of ten. Ugh. I wish I had the option to kill his shadow and make the dude catatonic. So tired of him being force fed into the narrative. The fucking worst.

Man, I feel you to an extent, but that's kind of the whole point of that character. He illustrates that
it doesn't take very much to subvert the Phantom Thieves into a means for your own selfish ends, whether that's trying to become famous and pick up chicks in Ryuji's case, or outright trying to attack people for your own selfish reasons in Mishima's case. But both have the same underlying issue.

Unrelated: I hesitate to bring up Ann again now that that thread has died down a bit, but I can see a way to rescue the characterization Atlus gave her; clearly they were going for someone who wants to be the cool and sexy bad girl, but is too sweet, earnest and naive to actually pull it off. I don't think there's anything wrong with the premise on its face, but I do think they get gratuitous with it for no real reason besides titillation, and it's that part that really doesn't work with the character. Like, my read of it (and I could be wrong) is that Ann doesn't want to be sexy for the attention or to turn guys on, I think on some level she senses power behind it and wishes she could wield it. But the way she's portrayed at times doesn't really get that across at all. But I don't know, maybe that's just me reading what I want to read into it in order to feel better about the random T&A moments. I agree that it's problematic.

Also unrelated: man, ranking up the Sun confidant was such a great idea.
Level 71 Black Frost when my own level is 58 is the greatest. I'm surprised the cost doesn't seem to scale that much with the level gap; one level seemed to cost me ~60000 yen while personas ten levels above or more were only ~100000 yen. Black Frost did cost me quite a bit more, though, so maybe there's another scaling factor at play.

Weebos

Banned
Beat the game. That was a really satisfying ending, and it even surprised me a few times even though I knew the broad strokes.

Absolutely loved it. I'll be diving back in for the Platinum, but I might give it time to breathe first. Clocked in at ~85 hours.

R0ckman

Nah. You don't have to hang out with him most of the game and he's not abrasive.

Request side mission question for December:
The last mission from mishima, "The Head Honcho in Showbiz", do I have to the previous mission first before Mishima gives it to me? I was hoping to stack them and do both at once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom