• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubedo

Marie existed when the console version came out though, and she wasn't in the story mode despite that.

Do they have to include every character in everything? She just wasn't part of the story. Doesn't mean they "forgot" her. It's like saying they forgot Daisuke or Ai. They just didn't need those characters for the game.

Dantis

Do they have to include every character in everything? She just wasn't part of the story. Doesn't mean they "forgot" her. It's like saying they forgot Daisuke or Ai. They just didn't need those characters for the game.

It's not like that at all.

By that same logic, we should be expecting Daisuke and Ai to be in Dancing All Night.

FluxWaveZ

So they didn't include her in the first game?

But what does that have to do with what I was replying to? Unless you're implying that because they didn't include a character from an unreleased game in P4A when all of the character development and initial story was created for the arcade version—and none were added for the console version—alongside the fact that it was a character no one knew about and whose popularity hadn't been measured at that point, that somehow means they forgot to include her in the console game?

Rubedo

It's not like that at all.

By that same logic, we should be expecting Daisuke and Ai to be in Dancing All Night.

I'm not sure I follow. Why would not having to include every side character in every game mean we should expect them?

I'm just saying that excluding Marie from Arena doesn't mean they forgot her. She just wasn't needed at all for the game. Just like all the other characters that weren't in it. They weren't forgotten, they just weren't relevant.

seems kind've farfetched to have had marie in P4A1. P4A was only released a month and a half after golden, I doubt that they even knew the release dates of either game once the stories were finalized

Dantis

But what does that have to do with what I was replying to? Unless you're implying that because they didn't include a character from an unreleased game in P4A when all of the character development and initial story was created for the arcade version—and none were added for the console version—alongside the fact that it was a character no one knew about and whose popularity hadn't been measured at that point, that somehow means they forgot to include her in the console game?

I'm not saying they forgot her. I'm saying they didn't include her in the story whatsoever. She wasn't even referenced, despite Arena being released after P4G.

I'm not sure I follow. Why would not having to include every side character in every game mean we should expect them?

I'm just saying that excluding Marie from Arena doesn't mean they forgot her. She just wasn't needed at all for the game. Just like all the other characters that weren't in it. They weren't forgotten, they just weren't relevant.

I agree. And again, that same logic could apply here.

FluxWaveZ

I'm not saying they forgot her. I'm saying they didn't include her in the story whatsoever. She wasn't even referenced, despite Arena being released after P4G.

Okay, then I don't understand why you replied to me as that had nothing to do with what I said.

PK Gaming

P4D cover art

CA7n_P2VEAA8b6E.jpg:orig

「Saturday Night Fever Intensifies」

The cover is ridiculously grovin, but Rise definitely got her spotlight robbed. I mean it's Narukami, so it doesn't really bother me, but...

Dantis

「Saturday Night Fever Intensifies」

The cover is ridiculously grovin, but Rise definitely got her spotlight robbed. I mean it's Narukami, so it doesn't really bother me, but...

I dunno, she's the best drawn character on the cover. Everyone else has one of the Catherine style drawn-over-3D model things going on.

No, her right leg. One should be able to see it between Yosuke's legs.

Her stance is wider though, you can see the reflection of her shoe on the dance floor but definitely Yosuke, Narukami and the logo seem to block it.

In looking at the photo, the tip of her shoe is at Yu's knee and a patch of skin is between Yosuke's legs, but again, the two of them are almost entirely covering up her leg.

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
Lmao, that cover is so gloriously ridiculous, I love it!. I'm wonder if we will get DLC characters?
Dancing and murdering all night Adachi DLC.
Or better yet Mark. Poor guy hasn't danced crazy in almost 20 years. :(

PK Gaming

I dunno, she's the best drawn character on the cover. Everyone else has one of the Catherine style drawn-over-3D model things going on.

Drawing aside, I've always seen P4D as Rise's game, so the fact that she isn't front and center leaves me feeling a little... conflicted? On the other hand, it's a damn fine cover and totally reminiscent of the Ultimax cover (which is one of my favorite things, ever) but yeah, I would have preferred it if Rise was in the front.

Dantis

Drawing aside, I've always seen P4D as Rise's game, so the fact that she isn't front and center leaves me feeling a little... conflicted? On the other hand, it's a damn fine cover and totally reminiscent of the Ultimax cover (which is one of my favorite things, ever) but yeah, I would have preferred it if Rise was in the front.

I feel like we've had this conversation before, and I warned you that Narukami would be the protagonist. :p

Lusankya

Her stance is wider though, you can see the reflection of her shoe on the dance floor but definitely Yosuke, Narukami and the logo seem to block it.

In looking at the photo, the tip of her shoe is at Yu's knee and a patch of skin is between Yosuke's legs, but again, the two of them are almost entirely covering up her leg.

I think the problem is the position and direction of her thigh (left of Yosuke's index finger) and the part of the leg you can see near the star. It doesn't match.

Here are circles around the parts of her leg you can see and it doesn't really match. How is her thigh supposed to connect to the part in the second green circle?

Dantis

I think the problem is the position and direction of her thigh (left of Yosuke's index finger) and the part of the leg you can see near the star. It doesn't match.

Here are circles around the parts of her leg you can see and it doesn't really match. How is her thigh supposed to connect to the part in the second green circle?

The one on the far right isn't anything to do with Yukiko. That Kanji's leg and empty space.

There's your problem. The characters are lit by the disco ball. The characters on the right are therefore lit from the left.

Setsu00

I'm not a huge fan of the cover and the reason why might be Nanako. I get the feeling that she destroys the whole balance of the image.

There's a weird deadness to the characters--the pose is kind of stiff and a lot of the faces don't really match their bodies. It's also really busy but not in a fun chaotic way like Ultimax and Golden's art were.

I think a simpler art would have been better, like just Teddie busting a move or something.

Lusankya

The one on the far right isn't anything to do with Yukiko. That Kanji's leg and empty space.

There's your problem. The characters are lit by the disco ball. The characters on the right are therefore lit from the left.

Ah, now it makes more sense.

I'm not a huge fan of the cover and the reason why might be Nanako. I get the feeling that she destroys the whole balance of the image.

B-but look how freaking happy she is!

I see what you're saying but as Dantis said, it's just Kanji's leg and empty space that's on the far right as whenever I look at the picture, I already assumed it was part of Kanji's leg.

Dengeki Dancing scans have another Persona 4 timeline, except this one places the Golden Epilogue in August 2012 and Dancing after it, although still in summer.

Lunar15

I still really love the idea to turn Yukiko's headband into headphones. It looks so cool.

Easily the best character design.

As for Rise being the main character: This is a game all about dancing and being an idol. She's not the hero, she's the Obi Wan Kenobi.

So I just read this online:

"In Persona 3 if you don't give your party members weapons they get sick of your shit and buy their own so the game doesn't become impossible.

If you buy them a weapon, but then don't for a long time, they even return the weapon you gave them when they upgrade by themselves."

Is this true? I always buy weapons at the earliest opportunity so this situation never arises for me.

If that is true, that's pretty awesome. I can't think of any other game that does that.

Similar minds...

But I then realized I was analyzing faces on small ketchup packs and a dude throwing them against stuff, and I had to stop.

Edit: Oh... I get it.
Attack on Titan.

Oh, yeah that would fit. I was thinking that it seemed a bit soon for them to be teasing Persona 5.

Similar minds...

But I then realized I was analyzing faces on small ketchup packs and a dude throwing them against stuff, and I had to stop.

Edit: Oh... I get it.
Attack on Titan.

I don't get it, do you mind explaining? I watched it a couple times, and I don't see how it is supposed to be
Attack on Titan
. Does Atlus USA even have anything to do with that series?

Sophia

Opening lyrics to
Attack on Titan
are basically translated as: "Are you the prey? No, we are the hunters!"

Pretty obvious what it's referring to. :D

"Are you the hotdog? No, we are the ketchup!" is definitely a reference to the first line in the opening song of the anime. "Are you the food? No, we are the hunters!"

She didn't even exist when the first Arena game came out, so...

She didn't quite 'exist' yet because Arena predates Golden.

I see. I just remember that statement from when Marie was announced as a DLC character. Just a joke?

_______

Persona q

I finally finished the first dungeon. It's stated that there are 3 more labyrinths left. Yasogami High is 3 floors tall so, the next levels should be on each floor, with the last level at the mysterious clock tower. At least that's my guess.

My initial theory was that Zen was Rei's persona but then the treasure chest unlocked Zen's memory. So maybe it's the other way around?

Maybe I'm exaggerating but of the P4 cast, Chie, Kanji and Teddie seem a bit off. Chie and Teddie became about a single running gag and Kanji...lacks the charisma that he usually does.

Also I'm playing with PK's self imposed restrictions

-Hard mode
-No status effects
-No binds
-No instant kills
-Healing Hands + Fuuka is banned

Now that I have access to both P3 and P4 characters, I have a question. Is Naoto worth using if you aren't using instant kills? Or is she a dead weight without those skills?

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Naoto's only other skill line is Megido, which is really draining on SP..

I'd be interested in getting sight of the trophy list for P4D. The Diva games have very few relating to actual skill, so I hope the balance is better here.

Dantis

Naoto's only other skill line is Megido, which is really draining on SP..

I'd be interested in getting sight of the trophy list for P4D. The Diva games have very few relating to actual skill, so I hope the balance is better here.

Past Persona games have had crap trophy lists. I don't have much hope for P4D being any different.

Catherine's was decent I guess.

Dantis

I thought the trophies for Arena/Ultimax were alright, just way beyond my skill level.

Arena had some mega garbage ones. Finish everyone's score attack? Finish all challenges?

A large majority of players are not going to enjoy trying to get those trophies.

Ultimax's list was a lot better, but still had some stupid ones. Some were banal, and they still had a 300 challenge one. WHO ENJOYS THE CHALLENGE MODES IN THESE GAMES THAT MUCH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom