• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I disagree. It's for the same reason that I avoided PQ, just not a fan of that style of gameplay. But I've heard that the people who do like it are pretty big fans of it here. Arena was great, but I didn't feel the urge to get a second one. I'm definitely getting DAN though because I like rhythm games, and even more so, I enjoy persona music.

I'm just done thinking about these characters, and it's safe to say that I'm no longer attracted to something just because those characters are in it.

I remember you didn't like PQ's Eo mechanics. I didn't like it and its taught me to keep well away of EO in the future. But yes, a dancing game sounds good because at least its easy to play, casual, with nice music and visuals and with a fan service type story that you can just relax to.

Sophia

Well, that's the thing. The spin-offs are meant to be good games in the genres they pertain to and expand the Persona audience first and foremost before their focus is to have a great story. In that sense they've succeeded, with all three of their currently released ones being critically acclaimed and each with fantastic sales. I'm not really looking for meaningful character development or a narrative on par with Persona 4's from these, and I think it's a big mistake if one is looking for that.

For what it's worth, I've totally enjoyed all three spinoffs released so far despite some minor issues with their plot. :p

cj_iwakura

I really hope Atlus USA get back on track with their non-1st party releases, because I think they're doing some serious damage to their reputation. Either be Aksys or be Idea Factory, don't go for both.

I really hope Atlus USA get back on track with their non-1st party releases, because I think they're doing some serious damage to their reputation. Either be Aksys or be Idea Factory, don't go for both.

I'm amazed on how much 3rd party titles Atlus USA can manage to localize and push out. I hope this does not spell like lengthy delay for P4Dancing. Persona Q had a 5 month gap, hopefully P4Dan comes out before November this year.

cj_iwakura

I'm amazed on how much 3rd party titles Atlus USA can manage to localize and push out. I hope this does not spell like lengthy delay for P4Dancing. Persona Q had a 5 month gap, hopefully P4Dan comes out before November this year.

I haven't been interested in one of their third party titles since, what, Endless Frontier?

Aeana

I haven't been interested in one of their third party titles since, what, Endless Frontier?

The other niche publishers have been kind of eating their lunch. Atlus USA resisted on the skeevy games for a long time, but I imagine they finally gave in since there's not much else out there left to grab.

We've got Dungeon Travellers? This one looks like a digital only release and the art style is very very more. Lost dimension was interesting but the reviewers who played the game on GFs seem to suggest its really a bland and low budgeted game. I will look out for more info as to whether to buy them or not but so far… not really feeling it at all.

I predict P4Dan as a September release. Lost dimension is july and Dungeon is August. So september is P4Dancing!

cj_iwakura

The other niche publishers have been kind of eating their lunch. Atlus USA resisted on the skeevy games for a long time, but I imagine they finally gave in since there's not much else out there left to grab.

They'd be better off doing any of the dozens of otome games or digging into the PSP library. They can't be that starved for content to go down that rabbit hole.

They'd be better off doing any of the dozens of otome games or digging into the PSP library. They can't be that starved for content to go down that rabbit hole.

But here's the thing, who the hell is paying for ultra niche games on a system that's been dead for a good four or five years? Maybe people on GAF, but certainly not many people otherwise.

Lunar15

While this is speculation, it's still one of the sadder things I've read on this forum.

Anywho, i'm fine with characters being paired with songs. Yukiko complements slower songs whereas Kanji would seem weird in them.

Coxy

Well if you didnt buy great stuff like Tears to Tiara II you dont really get to complain about what they're localising ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll be over here, lamenting the near nonexistent chances of Utawarerumono 2 being localised

Lusankya

PLR2Vcp.png

I don't really get how people played and enjoyed P4(G) and then only have one single character they like.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Everything is considered part of niche, but what I meant was more that the vita is the home of the niche that atlus serves. Japanese ass japanese games.

Have they every really been on track with them though? They seem to put out the occasional decent game, but it seems to me that their third party stuff has always been pretty inconsistent in quality, with a lot of mediocre to bad games.

Could anyone recommend one of those Atlus published games to me? Or are most of them mediocre at best?

Edit: I just realized that i haven't heard anyone talk about "Rollers of the Realm" and that Earthbound president game after their release.

Looking at games Atlus have published, there's definitely alot of stuff that looks bad, but they have also published some great games.

The king of fighter XIII, divinity 2, trine 2, abyss odyssey, dragon's crown, demon's souls and rock of ages are all pretty rad.

Kenji appears to be European, only 3 of those games were published by Atlus here :V

Dantis

I don't really get how people played and enjoyed P4(G) and then only have one single character they like.

I love the P4 cast. The only character that I don't like is Yukiko.

But whilst I think Rise is a brilliant character, I really dislike her design. Same for Kanji. And given the choice, I'd obviously rather play as my favourite characters regardless.

Lusankya

I love the P4 cast. The only character that I don't like is Yukiko.

But whilst I think Rise is a brilliant character, I really dislike her design. Same for Kanji. And given the choice, I'd obviously rather play as my favourite characters regardless.

Well, maybe I am the strange one then. I like basically all of the characters, but there isn't really one I like more than the others. There's only Teddie whom I like a little bit less.

Switching out the support character for each song is more than enough for me. I am used to the EBA/Ouendan games where you couldn't really change characters at all.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Looking at games Atlus have published, there's definitely alot of stuff that looks bad, but they have also published some great games.

Kenji appears to be European, only 3 of those games were published by Atlus here :V

Do atlus actually publish any european games? Isn't that pretty much why we PAL pals always suffer until NIS or someone else picks up the slack? :p

Those 3 are steam games so I don't think it mattered.

Do atlus actually publish any european games? Isn't that pretty much why we PAL pals always suffer until NIS or someone else picks up the slack? :p

Those 3 are steam games so I don't think it mattered.

Yeah, only downloadable games. I was just joking how their 3rd party seems even more mediocre from our perspective :p

Dantis

FINGER GUNS, TRULY SURPRISING

Detective outfit looks so fucking good. Dancing style isn't what I expected. I don't really think it fits Naoto very well?

cj_iwakura

But here's the thing, who the hell is paying for ultra niche games on a system that's been dead for a good four or five years? Maybe people on GAF, but certainly not many people otherwise.

Class of Heroes 2 did 3k on a 'dead system', so... there's definitely enough of a market for it to be profitable for niche publishers.

Kanji and Yu are the only 2 characters who have 3D models that look unweird. They look very well transplanted from the greatness of Soejima 2D art.

Every single character's 3D models look good but slightly weird. Rise's 3D model looks ESPECIALLY weird. Her face is very… unnatural.

So everyone's trailer has been shown? Marie will be last but I hope Margaret is danceable. She should really be danceable. Margaret dancing will be too good to handle.

So everyone's trailer has been shown? Marie will be last but I hope Margaret is danceable. She should really be danceable. Margaret dancing will be too good to handle.

We haven't seen Teddie's and Nanako's yet. I also doubt that characters outside of the investigation team will be playable (Except Nanako of course).

FluxWaveZ

We haven't seen Teddie and Nanako yet. I also doubt that characters outside of the investagation team will be playable (Except Nanako of course).

Nanako?

Heh, timely edit. Also forgetting Kanami. Either way, there are two character slots left, and everyone in the Investigation Team is already accounted for.

Everyone in investigation team accounted for but what about Teddie?

2 slots left? Does this mean 100% no other playable characters except for the slots? Do we know who those 2 slots will be for?

I remember there was a reference to a character looking like P3MC and that character was dancing - who is it? I just think Margaret not danceable is a great disappointment.

Siliconera says Naoto is with the force, what does it mean? Do they mean Naoto returned to the city not to continue her studies but immediately joined the force? Or is Naoto still studying? I mean she will be second year after P4G ends.

I'm pretty sure this is recent with the new update: the official website's character pages have started revealing costumes which will actually be DLC.

that one is a free DLC though, but its great to hear that all the previous costumes are part f the game :). so this one is the FIRST DLC revealed right?

Does anyone know what happens to naoto after P4G? Does she still study or what?

Dantis

Ski trip costumes and midwinter costumes are DLC.

You're killing me, Atlus.

KroOM8.gif

"personality"

Yep. I think I would have expected Naoto's dancing to be less sexualised, and more trying to look cool?

Really? I thought Yu was the weirdest one. His head looks too small and doesn't seem like it's in sync with the rest of his body.

Naoto's face is more masculine than in Soejima's art, but other than that, I think the game is visually tremendous. I just wish there were more variety in the fucking background stages. I feel like all the vibrant pinks are going to burn into my retinas.

Kanji and Yu are the only 2 characters who have 3D models that look unweird. They look very well transplanted from the greatness of Soejima 2D art.

Every single character's 3D models look good but slightly weird. Rise's 3D model looks ESPECIALLY weird. Her face is very… unnatural.

Really? I thought Yu was the weirdest one. His head looks too small and doesn't seem like it's in sync with the rest of his body.

Either way, there are two character slots left, and everyone in the Investigation Team is already accounted for.

Two character slots left? I haven't been following all the news but is this actually confirmed or are you basing it of the two "empty slots" on the website?

The two slots could be the complete IT dancing as one group and Kanamin's Kitchen as the other group.I don't know if the Vita is able to handle so many characters on screen but it would be pretty cool.

Naoto's style seems alright for her. Makes it look like someone who isnt quite sure what they are doing but is trying

Not amazing, but I'll take it. We also finally get a girls style outfit for her...and its maid. Thats disappointing. Shouldve given her female velvet room instead of male

FluxWaveZ

Two character slots left? I haven't been following all the news but is this actually confirmed or are you basing it of the two "empty slots" on the website?

This, and this:
Same strategy they used with the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and Persona Q website character hints.

The two slots could be the complete IT dancing as one group and Kanamin's Kitchen as the other group.I don't know if the Vita is able to handle so many characters on screen but it would be pretty cool.

Unlikely. At least, they definitely wouldn't place the "Investigation Team" group in its own character page slot when they already each have their own page. It's set up to be individual characters, so the two remaining slots are most likely two separate characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom