• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGR 2 - best overall racer this gen?

The Faceless Master said:
PGR2 isn't even as good as PGR (or MSR for that matter)

best racer this gen?

OutRun2!

i think pgr2 is better than pgr1 and msr, but it still stinks.
the most overrated shit this gen

outrun wins

segasonic

Gimme a break. Burnout 3 isn't even a racer, it's a vehicle-based action game.

I agree with the thread starter: PGR2 is the best racer this gen. I've put >200 hours into it, and I usually have a short attention span with games...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Outrun 2 for me.

But the (sad) fact is that many of the racers released in the last generation are still better than the ones that have been released this gen IMO. I'd still rather be playing Daytona, Daytona 2, Ridge Racer IV, etc. than anything released right now. F-Zero GX and Outrun 2 have been the two best racers released so far though.

It's the sim racers that have been much improved, but I hate those games.

Gotta love the Xbox circle jerks going on lately. :D

What's amazing that 3 1/2 years later, no game has even come close to GT3.

PGR2 has better online, GT3 has better multiplayer. GT3 is easily the better single player.

Not even a contest.

thorns

Banned
What's so great about gt3 single player?

for me the joy of racing is racing competitively with human opponents, I could care less about AI, which is basically non existent in GT3. It has a nice variety of cars / tracks/ physics but overall the game is boring. It was first of its kind and revolutionized the genre but I don't think it stand as strong compared to the games that are out today.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
thorns said:
What's so great about gt3 single player?

for me the joy of racing is racing competitively with human opponents, I could care less about AI, which is basically non existent in GT3. It has a nice variety of cars / tracks/ physics but overall the game is boring. It was first of its kind and revolutionized the genre but I don't think it stand as strong compared to the games that are out today.

Don't know, but I'm not big on racers. And the only ones I'll even play are the arcade ones. I'm more of an F-Zero and Wipeout kinda guy.

Top Bottom