• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PhillyGAF |OT|

mintyice

I have to drive my sister to the airport at 6am tomorrow. How fucked am I? Usually take the Betsy Ross over and then down 95.

Pattison Ave, Market East...hell, I still call it Delaware Avenue. I'm sure Suburban Station will be Comcast station after the next building is finished.

I was just about to go on a Delaware Ave rant but yeah. We really need to stop giving that murderous asshole credit.

I hope we remove his name from most official capacities, locations, etc, within my lifetime.

I still call it Pattison Ave/Market East/Delaware Ave and even West River Drive. It's odd that MLK Drive never caught on for West River Drive like the other names did.

Guys, don't forget it's not 30th Street Station anymore. It's William H. Gray III 30th Street Station. That's the newest abomination.

I have to drive my sister to the airport at 6am tomorrow. How fucked am I? Usually take the Betsy Ross over and then down 95.

At that hour you'll probably be fine.

You're fucked, give yourself plenty of time, 95 has been a nightmare all week.

Can she catch a train to 30th Street Station and then hop on one to the airport?

Edit: I drive to work at 6 am every morning and the traffic report says that 95 is always backed up, even at that hour

Can she catch a train to 30th Street Station and then hop on one to the airport?

Edit: I drive to work at 6 am every morning and the traffic report says that 95 is always backed up, even at that hour

In this case you should probably take 295 South to the Walt Whitman rather than crossing at the Betsy Ross. Another option would be to take the B Franklin Bridge to the Schuylkill Expressway then take 76 East/Penrose Ave/Platt Bridge.

Ron Mexico

In this case you should probably take 295 South to the Walt Whitman rather than crossing at the Betsy Ross. Another option would be to take the B Franklin Bridge to the Schuylkill Expressway then take 76 East/Penrose Ave/Platt Bridge.

I would probably go to the Walt Whitman. Even something like the Commodore Barry might make a bit of sense. Sounds out of the way, sure, but to avoid all those checkpoints would even things out.

Ron Mexico

If it helps as another point of reference, took one of my employees 90 minutes to get from Port Richmond to 30th St this morning because of the traffic caused by the 95 checkpoints.

I'd still lean towards looping around the area rather than going through it.

Deku Tree

A friend who went to the convention last night on the broad st line said there was a checkpoint at Oregon ave. they stopped the whole train and it didn't move until they had checked everyone on the train.

Deku Tree

Yeah my friend said anyone who didn't have a convention pass was forced to get off the broad st train at Oregon Ave too. Couldn't ride the train to the stadium last stop without a pass.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
A friend who went to the convention last night on the broad st line said there was a checkpoint at Oregon ave. they stopped the whole train and it didn't move until they had checked everyone on the train.

What time was this?

I'm guessing way after 6:30, because that's my stop and there was nothing of that sort.

Agent

What time was this?

I'm guessing way after 6:30, because that's my stop and there was nothing of that sort.

It has been off and on since Monday at various times of the day. I'm guessing it is based on the amount of protestors in the area of the station to control access. If you look at the SEPTA BSL Twitter you'll see it popping up every so often. https://twitter.com/septa_bsl

I got off at City Hall last night around 7:30pm and a bunch of SEPTA cops were getting on each car and there was an announcement you needed the delegate/convention credentials visible in order to go past Oregon.

The El/BSL haven't been too bad overall though.

mintyice

Made it there and back in less than an hour. No real traffic at 6am but I could see it start to get congested closer to 7 especially 95 south approaching center city.

Ralemont

not me
Reverse commute hasn't been too bad. Took the Bartram Ave exit on 95 N for the first time and it worked out pretty well. 26th to the Platt a little backed up in the morning but nothing compared to what I'm seeing coming into the city.

Feel bad for people who live outside the city but work in it in general, though. Seems like the worst of both worlds.

Ay PhillyGAF, I'm hitting up Skygarten tonight and Bok Bar tomorrow if you want to meet up and hang out a bit. Figured I'd hit them up for the birthday.

woodchuck

Been in philly since Sunday, leaving tonight. Stayed in an Airbnb in rittenhouse square. Man, your bike share program is awesome! So easy to get around. Roads are flat and lot of bike lanes.

Happy bday dude. Would totally hang out if I wasn't headed to Iceland tonight.

Thanks boss. Bring me back some EVE Valkryie demo discs! :p

Been in philly since Sunday, leaving tonight. Stayed in an Airbnb in rittenhouse square. Man, your bike share program is awesome! So easy to get around. Roads are flat and lot of bike lanes.

Indiego is pretty new, but I do like it. Our bike lane situation is pretty bad though, us drivers are assholes

Aurizen

Jeez who knew finding a job in IT was so hard.... Anyone know a place that's hiring for IT somewhere in center city or something? Just graduated from CCP been searching for a job for a few weeks now

esms

Anyone else on the edge of their seat with this whole Local 98 FBI raid stuff? Hoping for something juicy to come out of it.

Anyone else on the edge of their seat with this whole Local 98 FBI raid stuff? Hoping for something juicy to come out of it.

Seeing as this has the potential to upend the political structure of the city I am definitely interested. Couldn't wait until my vacation was over though?

The theater ticket price thread reminded me of my trip to PFS Roxy theater at 20th and Sansom.

$13 tickets for a 2D showing on a surprisingly small screen. The theater was a single aisle with 3 seats on one side and 2 on the other. I'm fine with a small screen given the location, but not at that price.

This is just a warning if you're thinking about ever going there. The screen is really tiny. The prices don't match.

The Llama

Seeing as this has the potential to upend the political structure of the city I am definitely interested. Couldn't wait until my vacation was over though?

I almost certainly wouldn't/won't have anything to do with this, but I am kinda sad I'm not working 2 days next week because I'm sure everyone at work will be gossiping about it.

gcubed

Why didn't anything come of the Local 98 FBI raid in 2006?

I think some ancillary people got in trouble but at this point I'm pretty sure that while they do things that are... Shady, they are technically legal.

Which covers most things in Philly

Rainy

Banned
Just found out they opened up a new Target in Center City on 11th and Chestnut and they're opening another on 19th and Chestnut in October. Sweeeet.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
The Target on Chestnut st is a glorified Rite Aid.

However, I just got Dark Souls II Xbox One for 8 dollars from FYE on Broad street. Stocks are getting low...hurry!

Top Bottom