• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Physint (PS6) Kojima / PlayStation Studios tactical espionage

[qoute]
Physint is the next big game from Hideo Kojima, developed in partnership with PlayStation and Sony Pictures. Speaking as part of an interview with Variety, the iconic Japanese director explained how he increasingly sees movies and interactive entertainment as interchangeable – and hinted that, while the aforementioned espionage title will “take some time to complete”, it may end up being a movie and a game.

“I’m trying to make [Physint] with people in filmmaking and industries outside of games,” he revealed. “So, we may do a movie adaptation at the same time, but we will see. The assets are digital and can be used either way.”

A lot of the interview focuses on Kojima’s philosophy that the lines between movies and games are blurring. He explained that he’s increasingly finding more in common with film makers, as much of the process is now digitised. He noted how many blockbusters now leverage the Unreal Engine, and pointed out how post-production relies almost entirely on creating digital assets, similar to a game.

Physint, according to Kojima, represents the third phase of Kojima Productions’ trajectory. He noted that the first phase was to create a new intellectual property in Death Stranding, and the second phase is to expand it with Death Stranding 2: On the Beach. This will include adaptations, like animes, mangas, television dramas, and movies. The third phase will be to combine everything, under the umbrella of “digital entertainment”. That’s what he’s plotting with Physint.[/quote]

Last edited:
Metal Geat it isint

I’m still hoping, I want that game that makes me feel 16 again, I want something to…

9Pdtcmj.jpeg

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Typical insufferable hazy Kojima nonsense.

Try making a legit great game for a change without being constantly distracted by movies, Hollywood, actors, tie-ins, merchandise slop, face scanning your pals, product placement, pseudo-intellectual self-congratulatory podcasts.

You haven’t made one since MGS2.

Variahunter

Typical insufferable hazy Kojima nonsense.

Try making a legit great game for a change without being constantly distracted by movies, Hollywood, actors, tie-ins, merchandise slop, face scanning your pals, product placement, pseudo-intellectual self-congratulatory podcasts.

You haven’t made one since MGS2.
What ? MGS3 was a great game, much better than MGS2 in my book, and Subsistence was an incredible and innovative online experience at the time.
MGS V was full gameplay, and still a master in the action-infiltration genre. Detrimental to the scenario and what made MGS successful but still.

But I agree that Kojima takes himself too seriously since his departure from Konami, and Death Stranding just doesn't seem interesting to me.

Physint seems interesting, but the cross media bullshit he said is worrying. We all remember the FFXV fiasco.

Outlier

Makes me wonder what this game will be like

It could go 2 ways…

1. The game looks so good in terms of graphics, animation and camera work that people passing by seeing you playing it will think it’s a movie

2. 90% of the game is cut-scenes

I may never play about Hideous Kojunka game ever again, if he keeps doing this with his games.

Death Stranding really turned me off, from his work.

Sooner

Makes me wonder what this game will be like

It could go 2 ways…

1. The game looks so good in terms of graphics, animation and camera work that people passing by seeing you playing it will think it’s a movie

2. 90% of the game is cut-scenes
Ewww, that sounds like hell

blade 2

PS6 is too far off to know what it's capable of yet.

You don’t think they’re already working on it and consulting third parties?

If it’s 2028 then development would have started by now.

There’s already next-gen exclusive games being worked on now, same as previous gens.

Last edited:

RedC

This game is so far away, that there's no point for me to put any energy into caring about it until Death Stranding 2 and OD release.

HL3.exe

PS6? 😵‍💫

When will the PS5 games ship that actually max out the hardware? And actually bring something that doesn't feel like a nicer looking PS4 game.

Choose your own adventure movie type game with a handful of endings.

Will be hailed as the greatest thing since sliced bread and the most innovative thing since electricity.

SyberWolf

Prediction, movie quality james bond x mission impossible x Metal gear x syphon filter style stealth game with some famous actors as the protagonist/antagonist cast. :goog_unsure:

this would be my guess. curious to see how far off i will be in a few years when more is known.

Vlodril

Kojima makes really interesting things. We need more of that these days instead all these copy / paste designs so sure why not. Go all in. Companies need to take some more chances.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Kojima will always get a day one buy from me. To this day he still tries to innovate and push the medium forward in his own ways.

I’d let him suck me dick and I’m not even gay.

Arachnid

Tactical espionage by Kojima already makes this skyrocket to the top of my most anticipated games. It's basically guarunteed to be god tier.

Still, annoying how he takes so long between game releases. It feels pointless thinking about it knowing we probably wont even get it until the 2030s.

bender

What time is it?
Kojima makes really interesting things. We need more of that these days instead all these copy / paste designs so sure why not. Go all in. Companies need to take some more chances.

Pretty much. Even when people liked to bag on his games "being movies", they contained more mechanical depth and attention to detail than 99% of the competition. I didn't really enjoy Death Stranding as it didn't click with me, but I do respect it. It also had one of the more inventive online implementations we've seen since Demon Souls. I often compare it to this:

That's not to say that Kojima isn't without his bullshit, but who isn't? ...especially amongst creatives.

It's why I'll always be there day one for the games he makes because at the very worst, they'll at least be interesting.

Vlodril

Pretty much. Even when people liked to bag on his games "being movies", they contained more mechanical depth and attention to detail than 99% of the competition. I didn't really enjoy Death Stranding as it didn't click with me, but I do respect it. It also had one of the more inventive online implementations we've seen since Demon Souls. I often compare it to this:

That's not to say that Kojima isn't without his bullshit, but who isn't? ...especially amongst creatives.

It's why I'll always be there day one for the games he makes because at the very worst, they'll at least be interesting.

I didn't love Death Stranding either. I played it with my brother and we dropped it after the final fight (i guess we didn't know we were so close to finishing it). It dragged on too much but the concept was certainly interesting. Weirdly enough the part of the game that i should have disliked most (the going around carrying things) was the most fun.

But he does make unique stuff and we need more of that. Love it or hate it.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
i wonder if people will ever see how over hyped are for a thing that we don't know shit, and from a guy that has a hollywood boner that hurts more than helps gaming

Hopefully Kojima actually wants to do this lest we get another Evil Within situation in our hands, although even that ended up being not that bad at all so kinda excited!

Top Bottom