• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Physint (PS6) Kojima / PlayStation Studios tactical espionage

Lambogenie

Typical insufferable hazy Kojima nonsense.

Try making a legit great game for a change without being constantly distracted by movies, Hollywood, actors, tie-ins, merchandise slop, face scanning your pals, product placement, pseudo-intellectual self-congratulatory podcasts.

You haven’t made one since MGS2.
Same feelings.

Bond007

Props for thinking outside the box and attempting something different.
Successful or not we can’t be mad for for breaking the mold and offering us something we haven’t seen.

vpance

We haven't seen a completely unshackled Kojima yet. Death Stranding KojiPro was still just a smallish team coming to grips with a new engine.

HogIsland

I hope this is gonna be 100% Dark Souls to Metal Gear's Demons Souls, but with even more of the thematic insanity of Death Stranding.

And yo if Kojima wants to do a Spies vs Mercs multiplayer mode, I will buy cosmetic DLC.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Didn't Hermen Hulst get hives?

The best thing about the video is Hideo Kojima...

I wish he came to Mexico.

And that the game is set in World War II...

A spiritual successor to Metal Gear solid, but in that era.

[qoute]
Physint is the next big game from Hideo Kojima, developed in partnership with PlayStation and Sony Pictures. Speaking as part of an interview with Variety, the iconic Japanese director explained how he increasingly sees movies and interactive entertainment as interchangeable – and hinted that, while the aforementioned espionage title will “take some time to complete”, it may end up being a movie and a game.

“I’m trying to make [Physint] with people in filmmaking and industries outside of games,” he revealed. “So, we may do a movie adaptation at the same time, but we will see. The assets are digital and can be used either way.”

A lot of the interview focuses on Kojima’s philosophy that the lines between movies and games are blurring. He explained that he’s increasingly finding more in common with film makers, as much of the process is now digitised. He noted how many blockbusters now leverage the Unreal Engine, and pointed out how post-production relies almost entirely on creating digital assets, similar to a game.

Physint, according to Kojima, represents the third phase of Kojima Productions’ trajectory. He noted that the first phase was to create a new intellectual property in Death Stranding, and the second phase is to expand it with Death Stranding 2: On the Beach. This will include adaptations, like animes, mangas, television dramas, and movies. The third phase will be to combine everything, under the umbrella of “digital entertainment”. That’s what he’s plotting with Physint.

I’m actually excited to see this, Death Stranding isn’t doing it for me. My fingers are crossed that they don’t just cash out on us on the tail-end of his career and try to sway us with media and fanboys man. Kojima and his team basically has infinite resources now, please make something special, hyped.

Last edited:
For me I’d love a near-future stealth game that’s similar to MGS 1 & 2.

Photo-realistic graphics that are indistinguishable from a movie (with a setting similar to Shadow Moses or the tanker, this would be achievable on PS6).

Have some truly next-gen animation system (motion matching) and next-level AI enemies.

I want something that’ll be to PS6 what this was to PS2…

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Kojima really is a rockstar
He’s a shit one like CC Deville, thinks he’s a legend while washed up and other people have to rein them in and tidy up their work. Meanwhile the real boys like George Lynch, EVH and Steve Stevens are killing it large.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Props for thinking outside the box and attempting something different.
Successful or not we can’t be mad for for breaking the mold and offering us something we haven’t seen.
Well it is a concept that people have been trying to do for 30 years. Not so sure blending being movie-like with gaming is really that outside the box.

sachos

What do you guys would like to see as main character in a new Action Espionage game? Another Snake type guy or something totally new?

Variahunter

What do you guys would like to see as main character in a new Action Espionage game? Another Snake type guy or something totally new?
We should probably look into what actors would we see in Physint, given that Kojima doesn't create new characters now but is focused on recruiting half of Hollywood.

Which makes me think, I would love Kurt Russell to be the main character, it would be the best recognition ever and the loop would be complete.

Last edited:
A nimble female character would be cool.

Something like Trinity in The Matrix or Virginia in Entrapment.

Something that raises the bar for character control and animation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom