• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT7| Dank Mr Skeltal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Übermatik;170438468 said:
^ More like Englishmen at home and Englishmen abroad

xFpQE0N.png

As a French Canadian, this saddens me.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
A french accent suits women, so feminine.
This used to be a trope in movies, but I never understood it because they always used actors with fake accents. A few months ago I talked to a lady from France on the phone. Hnnnnnng.

Australians are the opposite though. The accent sounds so masculine on women that it's off putting.

Übermatik;170438468 said:
I'm missing something here, I don't understand it.

FUME5

This used to be a trope in movies, but I never understood it because they always used actors with fake accents. A few months ago I talked to a lady from France on the phone. Hnnnnnng.

Australians are the opposite though. The accent sounds so masculine on women that it's off putting.

Crikey.

Alx

The true joke is that this is a school test. Completely useless knowledge to anyone besides people working in research in that field and enthusiasts.
Why??

Culture. And how would someone decide to become a researcher in that field or an enthusiast if he hasn't been introduced to dinosaurs when he's younger ?

FoxSpirit

Culture. And how would someone decide to become a researcher in that field or an enthusiast if he hasn't been introduced to dinosaurs when he's younger ?
Oh, it's not about not learning about Dinosaurs, of course you learn about Dinosaurs.
And of course I knew what the T-Rex was, the big mofo. We even have a complete skeleton of this guy here.
But learn the names of individual Dinosaurs for a test? I only recognise the Spinosaur from this because he is also kinda iconic but 6 different Bipeds? Simply reminded me of things I hated to learn because I saw no value in it. Seems like I still don't see the value.
For reference: I had 8 years of history in school and it was the usual "learn&forget" routine. Later I discovered how history is the story of how our society came to be and how it's still present right here and how some hings have been going on for millenia and what stuff is merely a local 500 year, 1 continent thing in space-time. School in 8 years has not even really attempted to drive that point home, just learn that stuff. Wasted time, bad educational form etc etc.
If I have kids, I will be open when they complain and not basically say, "Just do it". Or move to Finland :p
Okay, back to topic :)

ninanuam

Banned
The true joke is that this is a school test. Completely useless knowledge to anyone besides people working in research in that field and enthusiasts.
Why??

Because holy fuck like 90% of kids go though a dinosaur phase and teachers and parents are just generally happy that kids are reading words at all and dino names have a fuck tonne of letters in them.

Anything to get the little bastards reading? right?

way more

Why??

Needs more STEM.

Ideal school room with ideal teacher.

1-CLR5coverfinal-1024x729.jpg

2307933b7b64091aba02e2a1de329808.jpg

The ideal teacher is on the right. Not the pussy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom