• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT7| Dank Mr Skeltal

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
camerazoom-2015111901vls5v.jpg

komplanen

We're in a really fucking weird spot right now, where after decades of suffering the bad .gif file format, the browsers now support various superior formats but NeoGAF doesn't.

There's something wrong when pictures that make you laugh are really just links to pictures that make you laugh.

I'm not saying we shouldn't post webm and gifv files but man it bums me out how slow NeoGAF moves with adopting this stuff.

smurfx

get some go again
We're in a really fucking weird spot right now, where after decades of suffering the bad .gif file format, the browsers now support various superior formats but NeoGAF doesn't.

There's something wrong when pictures that make you laugh are really just links to pictures that make you laugh.

I'm not saying we shouldn't post webm and gifv files but man it bums me out how slow NeoGAF moves with adopting this stuff.
i think somebody made a grease monkey extension that lets you view the webm links on here.

komplanen

i think somebody made a grease monkey extension that lets you view the webm links on here.

For a super brief moment there was official webm support. Like, for a couple of hours, but everything went to shit and people visiting Gaf had their CPU utilization pop up to high numbers.

It's awful. We have shitty quality gifs, HUGE gifs that take an age to download, and links to webm's that are perfect (small file, high quality) but aren't supported. It's really lame.

For a super brief moment there was official webm support. Like, for a couple of hours, but everything went to shit and people visiting Gaf had their CPU utilization pop up to high numbers.

When was this? I find it hard to believe that forum webm support would cause CPU issues. I feel like the implementation was at fault, if that was the case. GAF need to try again, it would really clean up the site, not just this thread.

komplanen

Übermatik;186077963 said:
When was this? I find it hard to believe that forum webm support would cause CPU issues. I feel like the implementation was at fault, if that was the case. GAF need to try again, it would really clean up the site, not just this thread.

Never apparently. Or to be precise It must've happened in my dreams. I just checked the old thread where the chrome and firefox extensions came from and there was no trace of official support. I could have sworn it was the real deal but nope.

G.O.O.

on another board I visit there's a guy who always posts funny pics behind links for ecologic reasons I think ? To save power for those who don't care about them or something like that.

'nyway

tumblr_nxj9r23ZXU1u0gy93o1_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_ntx5csaBX71t1dyfm_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom