• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT8| Now with 69% more Imgur

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.O.O.

pics that make you relate

q6LngyW.jpg

komplanen

Elephant fact

Why though? Even the obvious scale issue put aside, in that image they don't look like they are resting on each other so the first few hundred elephants could easily breathe. People could feed the first couple hundred using scaffolding to reach them. After they get high enough the elephants could no longer breathe the thin air and they would die. Also it would not be worth it for us humans to build taller scaffolding to help them since we have bigger issues than a few hundred thousand dead elephants

If they were resting on each other, however, that would mean that perhaps other physics were involved and thus they would most likely topple over and form a big mound of elephants instead of a long line. After a few hundred dead elephants, placing a new one on top of the pile it would just gently roll down the mound of soft elephants carcasses and walk elsewhere when it reaches the ground.

Now what if we imagine an invisible tube where these elephants are placed, in which they hover over each other like in that picture, then why the fuck can't we imagine a life support system for them as well? We could send them to moon where they would mine Helium-3 and return it to Earth by passing it to the elephant behind them.

But then again there are only (at the absolute most) 750k elephants alive on earth and their length is at the most 7.5 meters. That makes a chain of elephants about 5625 kilometers long. The distance to the Moon is 384400 kilometers.

Orcastar

Why though? Even the obvious scale issue put aside, in that image they don't look like they are resting on each other so the first few hundred elephants could easily breathe. People could feed the first couple hundred using scaffolding to reach them. After they get high enough the elephants could no longer breathe the thin air and they would die. Also it would not be worth it for us humans to build taller scaffolding to help them since we have bigger issues than a few hundred thousand dead elephants

If they were resting on each other, however, that would mean that perhaps other physics were involved and thus they would most likely topple over and form a big mound of elephants instead of a long line. After a few hundred dead elephants, placing a new one on top of the pile it would just gently roll down the mound of soft elephants carcasses and walk elsewhere when it reaches the ground.

Now what if we imagine an invisible tube where these elephants are placed, in which they hover over each other like in that picture, then why the fuck can't we imagine a life support system for them as well? We could send them to moon where they would mine Helium-3 and return it to Earth by passing it to the elephant behind them.

But then again there are only (at the absolute most) 750k elephants alive on earth and their length is at the most 7.5 meters. That makes a chain of elephants about 5625 kilometers long. The distance to the Moon is 384400 kilometers.

I like the cut of your jib.

zeemumu

Well you see, the entire chain is actually an illusion. Did you notice how the poster never stated where the chain started or where it ended? This is to trick the viewer into assuming that the chain stretches from the earth to the moon, when in reality the elephants are in the foreground and the earth and moon are in the background, causing the elephants to appear larger than they are and allowing the chain to stretch from the earth to the moon.

komplanen

when in reality the elephants are in the foreground and the earth and moon are in the background, causing the elephants to appear larger than they are and allowing the chain to stretch from the earth to the moon.

Why are there only 11 elephants then? That's far from "every elephant in the world" :-3

zeemumu

Why are there only 11 elephants then? That's far from "every elephant in the world" :-3

The poster takes place in a possible future where elephants have become endangered due to a new era of elephant-based space exploration. These were the last of them.

komplanen

The poster takes place in a possible future where elephants have become endangered due to a new era of elephant-based space exploration. These were the last of them.

Well whoever sent them into space is a real fucking dick. Unless the elephants were assholes. Then they fucking deserved it.

zeemumu

Well whoever sent them into space is a real fucking dick. Unless the elephants were assholes. Then they fucking deserved it.

Ivory poachers invested their money into a private space exploration company as a front to to covertly jettison elephants into space where they were outside of wildlife preserve jurisdiction and could have their ivory legally harvested.

Ape

Banned

It says end to end in space so the line will start where earth's atmosphere ends

G.O.O.

Is the moon (the movie) reference the only reason for this post ?

tumblr_inline_ob1bwaXjbT1r1y7ql_500.jpg

komplanen

Is the moon (the movie) reference the only reason for this post ?

I thought it was obvious I was winging it as I went along. Also Moon is a great movie, but not even once did I think of it. Was it Helium-3 he was mining? I forget. Super good movie, though. Watch it, everyone!

That pic is not from Pandaland.

Y'all poor people look the same to me. Well except you and PandaPedinte because you stole my heart.
Fucking thieves give it back.

Here's something funny:

NSFW tattoo

russian_spiderman.jpg

pitka_matka_2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom