• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Picture of PSP remote

jenov4

Forgive me if this has been posted, but I did a search and didn't find anything.

Here's a picture of the PSP remote:

tgs_1927.jpg

I like it's simplicity!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Why isn't the backward/forward buttons placed directly to the left and right of the center?

jiggle

Forsete said:
Nice.. :)

Now lets see what kind of faults people find with it. :D

The matte silver doesnt' match glossy black PSP.
What? No wireless?
It's copying ipod.
What about PSP's battery life?

what else...:)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Wario64 said:
Why isn't the backward/forward buttons placed directly to the left and right of the center?

Each function gets a third of the circle.

Anyway, it looks nice, but can't anyone make a quality interface that doesn't copy the iPod these days?

belgurdo

Banned
DarthWufei said:
Wow this is exciting and interesting news.

No really, what can be said? It looks nice, but nothing to really swoon over.

*waits for Nintendo to announce remote stylus or whatever and eventual flood of "OMG INNOVATION!" topics*

belgurdo said:
*waits for Nintendo to announce remote stylus or whatever and eventual flood of "OMG INNOVATION!" topics*

Blech, it would have to be wireless to get my attention! And also not use buttons. Actually if it was like those Talkback toys like in Home Alone but in stylus form I'd probably buy it. Just because that thing was pretty nifty and I had one of the clunky ones and it was a lot of fun. I mean.. I could create my own radio shows.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Okay, I have a stupid question that I guess applies to the iPod as well.

Why does someone need a remote for a device that they will carry around with them? Even when its in the car the iPod is only an arms length away.

That'd be like someone buying a remote for a cell phone.

This makes PSP look even more like a media player than a handheld. Guess it's not a bad thing.

EDIT: actually, it might be interesting if they figure out some way to use it for some games too.

belgurdo

Banned
DarthWufei said:
Blech, it would have to be wireless to get my attention! And also not use buttons. Actually if it was like those Talkback toys like in Home Alone but in stylus form I'd probably buy it. Just because that thing was pretty nifty and I had one of the clunky ones and it was a lot of fun. I mean.. I could create my own radio shows.

Yeah, I'm also waiting for cool Jetsons shit like VCRs I can scream at to play and record instead of searching for batteries to the remote

Why does someone need a remote for a device that they will carry around with them?

Well I haven't been following too closely but didn't Sony plan for the PSP to have a video output so that you good plug it in to a TV to watch UMD movies? That would be a good reason for a remote.

jiggle

For playing music, it's much easier to ff/pause or whatever with a remote, than to reach for the actual player in the pocket/beltclip/backpack to do it.

Drexon

Banned
*Hmmmm* .... Oh yeah! The PSP comes in several colors! *coin drops* *bells ring* *gets headache*

So this is probably for the white iPo.. I mean PSP.

Draff

The same reason why MD's, CD Players and HD MP3 players have them :p
It's a lot more convenient, especially if you clip it on to your shirt or something.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
truesayian said:
Uh.. what's the point of having a remote on a hand held?...

what's it for?
Because if you put the actual device in your backpack, coat or pants pocket, you don't have to keep taking it out to control it. Since the inline remote is generally placed somewhere midway up the headphones cord, you'll have easy access to those controls and the device itself can stay wherever it is.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I don't like it. It looks ugly.

Tenguman

So wait...

You'll have your PSP strapped on your neck, headphones on your ears, hooked up to a battery pack on your left wrist, and a remote hanging off it - sitting in your right hand?

psp.jpg

Tenguman said:
So wait...

You'll have your PSP strapped on your neck, headphones on your ears, hooked up to a battery pack on your left wrist, and a remote hanging off it - sitting in your right hand?

lol love that pic..

IT's the new "cool".....

psp.jpg

Tenguman said:
So wait...

psp.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

aoi tsuki

FortNinety said:
A nice lovely "Look at me! I've got an expensive piece of hardware on me! Jack me!" signal for everyone to see.
A lot of people think my Minidisc remote is a mic or a watch. Go figure.

Thing about remotes is, they're not for everone. With a device as intuitive as the iPod, i'd rather use the main device instead of a remote, unless i was going to be on a long trip where i wouldn't be moving for a while and could keep my iPod in a zippered pocket. But i'd much rather keep something like the PSP tucked away in a pocket and just access music with a remote. It's a pain to use something not designed with music playback primarily in mind to change the occasional song or volume compared to just pressing a button on a remote. i'd also rather not have to flash my PSP everytime i want to change something.

i think this'll also mean more short length headphones/earphones here. A couple of them might even be worth getting!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Thing about remotes is, they're not for everone. With a device as intuitive as the iPod, i'd rather use the main device instead of a remote, unless i was going to be on a long trip where i wouldn't be moving for a while and could keep my iPod in a zippered pocket. But i'd much rather keep something like the PSP tucked away in a pocket and just access music with a remote. It's a pain to use something not designed with music playback primarily in mind to change the occasional song or volume compared to just pressing a button on a remote. i'd also rather not have to flash my PSP everytime i want to change something.
Unless you hold your Ipod where you can reach it without putting your hand into the pocket (in other words if you wear it somewhere outside) it's a nuisance to adjust volume, change song or whatever. It has nothing to do with how intuitive interface is or isn't - it's just that you have to reach into the pocket/sack pull the device out and adjust whatever you have to adjust.

Top Bottom