• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pid |OT| A Delightful Adventure

wouwie

Here are some tips which i got straight from the developers regarding the crook boss fight (sorry for not posting this before M&D but i only noticed the message today):

- When the hail of bullets come stay in the middle of the screen.
- When falling down after having been up in the air always throw a gem underneath you to cover for having to fall on top of a wheelbot.
- The main problem we have seen is that people think that they should land on top of Crooks head. It's better to try to get Kurt to travel back and forth between the jumppads and throw the gem straight down when above the funnel. This takes some practice as you might have to help out by pushing the stick towards the jumppad when in the air. With this strategy it is actually possible to give Crook 6 damage in one go meaning that you CAN kill Crook in only two phases!! (He has 9 in health)
- Observe that this is only possible if you throw BOTH the gem AND the burstbeam into Crooks funnel hitting him twice each time you pass his head.
- Also never make the jumppads appear if you feel you are not ready for the attackphase. Collect enough burstbeams and maybe even a vest before opening the attackphase.
- Remember you can also make the yellow bombs hit Crook by bursting them up into the air with a burstbeam!
- Listen to and observe when Crook shoots his evil surpriseshot. When he does, stay in the middle of the screen so you have enough time to duck or jump!

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Bought this in the steam sale. I'm enjoying it so far! The music keeps you playing like the good games of old and the low poly art style is done wonderfully. If you were on the fence after playing the demo the actual first "world" does a better job of selling the concept. In the second world now.

wouwie

I have started playing the game on hard mode. I'm going to just play and see where i can get without getting frustrated. I'm currently at the first boss, which is further than i thought i would manage. It's been fun so far for the most part.

Vert boil

The pc version was patched today,

PID EASY MODE NOW AVAILABLE
Might and Delight Updates its Tough Puzzle-Platformer With a Mode All Gamers Can Play on PC

Might and Delight is ready to introduce an easier way to play through its beautiful, challenging platfomer Pid with the all-new Easy Mode. Complementing the game's Normal and Hard modes, Easy Mode paves the way with redesigned levels, much shorter boss fights, and less-crowded environments to aid in navigation.

Having listened to its critics and fans, Might and Delight made many of the adjustments to the game by using community feedback. In addition to the new Easy Mode, tweaks and adjustments to Normal Mode have evened out the play experience and lessened challenging difficulty spikes.

Might and Delight also has created a new playable demo to better represent Pid and its unique style of play. The demo is now available on PC for Steam and will be made available on other platfoms later this year.
via, Joystiq

and it's 40% off on steam at the moment - http://store.steampowered.com/app/218740/

The update should be coming to consoles in the future.

wouwie

I so want to replay this game since i absolutely loved it. However, having just reached the crook boss, i just can't find the motivation to redo this one little but frustrating part of the game. Also, as i mentioned before, this boss fight has a bug on ps3, at least in my case, where the jumping enemies containing life vests, just never appear. Without life vests, it's really hard to beat this boss.

It's such a shame that this game wasn't patched for consoles (unlike the pc version) and that no chapter select option was added. It means that i will never have the opportunity to replay this great game due to that one boss fight.

ced

So no PS3 version patch is even planned?

This is almost as insulting as the refusal to patch Fez, that crook boss is what I would consider broken and I really want to finish the game.

Vlad

For anybody who's interested, some site called Bundlestars is running a promotion for a free copy of the game on Steam.

You've just got to sign in to their site using Steam and subscribe to their mailing list. They send the key out a minute or two later.

Top Bottom