• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

Nah Ristorante is shit. As far as Dr. Oetker goes Tradizionale and "Die Ofenfrische" pizzas taste much better. Also Wagner is much better when it comes to German frozen pizzas. "Die Backfrische" is the only frozen pizza brand that kinda tastes like restaurant pizza. Their Steinofen and Big Pizza brands are also ok for frozen pizza.

Casa di Mama > Ristorante.

http://www.casadimama.cz/download/1296035156_0txs/box-pizza-4.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, according to the Dr. Oetker website, only Ristorante is available in the States.

[quote="B00TE, post: 40596301"]Anyone else in New England had Sal's Pizza?
[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pdh6FB7W974/SOkzmiHxF8I/AAAAAAAABXs/Uty9xuNIY2M/s400/100_3613.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I've both heard Sal's is the best of the three and a terrible pie. I prefer Modern, Pepe's is seriously overrated. I used to work an overnight shift in NH, but when I covered a midshift, I always made it a point to grab a large pie from Modern or Pepe's. Have you tried Bar? I keep hearing it's a great pie.

GhaleonEB

Subscribing for future use.

Pizza is the one reason I could never go vegetarian. A good pepperoni pizza is the greatest thing ever.

thatbox

Banned
150659550004619448_VXntiIQ2_c.jpg

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Fake pizza is only good when you are drunk. Not gonna lie I am actually tired of pizza now that I work at a pizzeria.

ATF487

Dear Heel,

No. No thank you. Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Dominos, Little Caesars etc etc are not pizza. No. No no no.

Sure they are, they're just priced accordingly. Pizza is like beer for me; I have more of the cheap stuff but that just makes it better when I can splurge a little

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
This is my new favorite thread.

I think the only non-frozen or chain pizza I've eaten is Greek. As the OP says, it's popular in New England. Someday I hope to travel the world, just to eat pizza.

Sure they are, they're just priced accordingly. Pizza is like beer for me; I have more of the cheap stuff but that just makes it better when I can splurge a little

They're to real pizza what Mcdonalds is to real burgers I guess. Cheap and easy to acquire. I've lost the ability to eat at either since cheap shit now destroys my stomach.

MrBig

They're to real pizza what Mcdonalds is to real burgers I guess. Cheap and easy to acquire. I've lost the ability to eat at either since cheap shit now destroys my stomach.

I love making my own pizza, but Dominos is where I go if I don't feel like prepping dough and everything. Pretty good stuff.

I must be crazy because I love the big pizza chains like dominos and the little manhattan and Brooklyn spots.

Rocky's on Ocean ave <3, my old high school spot.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Soon I will make a thread teaching everyone on GAF how to make awesome pizza. I will bring the OP to his knees.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Beer snobs are worse

I don't understand food snobs in general. I can eat burger king and i can spend 100 at some french place. People just find stupid reasons to make themselves appear better than others. It's a general truism in life.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
You live in NYC and you'd eat at Papa Johns? Why? You literally have the best pizza places in the world at your fingertips. Why settle for faux pizza? Is it a cost issue?

Uh did I say that I eat papa j exclusively at any point?

I'm just not an elitist who says "so and so sucks just because it's a chain" .. People tend to blow shit out of proportion. And cost issue? Papa johns can be as expensive as any b&m pizza shop. Faux pizzas are those that come from the supermarket.

Let's not get crazy here.

Ryuu Tri

Banned
Pizza Elitism

Now I've seen it all

I don't understand food snobs in general. I can eat burger king and i can spend 100 at some french place. People just find stupid reasons to make themselves appear better than others. It's a general truism in life.

I can understand food snobbery a little bit. Some people can't be satisfied with the simple things in life. Speaking of pizza I'm fine with a frozen one in the oven. Doesn't bother me if I can't have a fresh pizza.

Pizza snobbery is tearing us apart, when the topic of pizza should bring people of all nations and creeds together in celebration of dough, sauce, cheese, and toppings!

lunchtoast

Anyone who went to Japan go to Pizza La?

Here's the English Menu. I'd get it sometimes because it's so expensive but they had crazy toppings. I'd usually just get the Italiano which was the basic toppings. It also came with olive oil packets which I never thought to put on pizza and now do it all the time.

I think Timedog is trying to be a pizza nazi here and limit the rights of fellow pizza aficionados to enjoy other pizza threads.

For this reason I'm on Team SquiddyBiscuit.

I will fight Timedog to the bitter end for your cause Biscuit.

TheCrow

So you got the low carb one?

Dude you have to try the butter crust. You owe it to yourself. For lous i carry out; order a cheese and pepperoni HALF BAKED. I get home pre heat the oven to 400 and cook it for about 30 min. It comes out so good its like a demonic pizza lord straight up ejac-ed creamy mozzerella down your throat. Dont forget the butter crust when ordering.
Nope I got the Chicago classic with the butter crust because it was a cheat day/refeed. It was real good. I'm probably going back Monday for the low Carb one. Don't know if you can get the butter crust with that.

Nope I got the Chicago classic with the butter crust because it was a cheat day/refeed. It was real good. I'm probably going back Monday for the low Carb one. Don't know if you can get the butter crust with that.

How low-carb is their low-carb pizza?
If it's like 20-30g then it's a miracle.

Top Bottom