• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

MrBig

I think it would work a lot better with doritos.
Those retain their crunchiness even after they've been exposed to heat.

Do they? I'll have to get some and try it out next time then. I usually do cheese stuffed crust and have tried crumbles with chips but of course they lose their crunch. Doing a square pan pizza tomorrow night though so no stuffed crust.

Do they? I'll have to get some and try it out next time then. I usually do cheese stuffed crust and have tried crumbles with chips but of course they lose their crunch. Doing a square pan pizza tomorrow night though so no stuffed crust.

Yeah, assuming they don't get moist from the dough.

lunchtoast

What's your process for stuffed crust? Do you use string cheese?

MrBig

What's your process for stuffed crust? Do you use string cheese?

If I'm doing a fresh block of moz (the pre-shredded stuff at Publix is good though so I just end up using that usually) I'll slice some slightly thicker pieces for the crust, but string moz isn't good quality cheese and leaves a "plasticy" gap in the crust that I can't enjoy.

For the crust I just make the dough about 2 inches bigger than the peel and ring the inside with melted herb butter and a brush, then a light ring of moz. To close it I roll the dough over in sections and tear off each corner of the section to get rid of the big overlap. Then butter the top of the crust.

neapolitan_pizza.jpg

I want one of these in my kitchen and have it going at all times so anytime I want to throw in a pizza, I can.

MrBig

So I forgot to puncture the dough when I was pre-cooking my bottom crust and mucked that up :/

Ended up with using the thin piece of dough that I was going to use a second layer for my whole pie. Pizza still tasted damn good with gypsy peppers, ranch, and a bit of rosemary, but the crust was oh so very lacking

So I forgot to puncture the dough when I was pre-cooking my bottom crust and mucked that up :/

Ended up with using the thin piece of dough that I was going to use a second layer for my whole pie. Pizza still tasted damn good with gypsy peppers, ranch, and a bit of rosemary, but the crust was oh so very lacking
Probably still better than a chain store pizza.

Lazy Saturday night equals pizza for dinner. Picked up at Zachary's.

6ad8efbf.jpg

Carne: Italian sausage, pepperoni, bacon, salami, & mozzarella.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
OIp60.jpg

My phone's camera makes this look terrible, but I thought I should contribute a pic to the thread anyway. Saturday night equals sun-dried tomato pizza (as a vegetarian, it's pretty much the only topping I ever go with, otherwise I'm purely a cheese man) with breadsticks. So good.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
My phone's camera makes this look terrible, but I thought I should contribute a pic to the thread anyway. Saturday night equals sun-dried tomato pizza (as a vegetarian, it's pretty much the only topping I ever go with, otherwise I'm purely a cheese man) with breadsticks. So good.

where's this from, man? i love sun-dried tomatoes.

Tizoc

As delicious Pizza may be, I consider Nachos to be the food of the gods.
...and now I want some Pizza @3@

5amshift

Banned
Not sure if the recent deal at Pizza Hut popped up here but you get:

Medium pizza
Small bread sticks
Small cinnamon sticks

All for $10.

mackattk

Pizza GAF,

SUMMER50 = 50% off Papa John's online orders through 8/12.

Love,
Heel

Thanks for this man. Screw anybody who doesnt like cheap, good pizza. I will admit papa johns isn't the best, but I always hit them up when there is a deal like this going around.

If mainstream/chain pizza is "fake" pizza, then ignorance is bliss.

Anyway, anyone do weird things with your pizza? I always eat crust first, except if its stuffed crust, then it comes last. When I was younger (like 10) i would dump all the cheese/toppings on one piece of pizza, eat the bread off the other, then eat the overloaded slice last.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
I attribute pizza to my fatness among other things but it is so damn good. I will eat any pizza pretty much except Papa John's and the frozen Tostino's. Just had some Chuck E Cheese pizza yesterday and was pretty decent. My favorite in Houston for deep dish is Star Pizza and for hand tossed it is Fuzzy's. For quick cheap pizza it is Domino's. I really took to their new recipe and love that garlic stuff they add to the crust. I am sure there are ton's of great pizza in this area that I have not gotten around too. Every time I travel to a different city I make sure to try to find that cities best pizza.

Tizoc

OIp60.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HiResDes

I've been to Chicago and can attest wholeheartedly to its thin-crust being an incredibly under-appreciated world wonder. My favorite place in Cincinnati is Adriatico's, where I usually just get a thin pepperoni pizza, with loads of banana peppers on the side. The spinach/feta is also pretty good as well.

I've been to Chicago and can attest wholeheartedly to its thin-crust being an incredibly under-appreciated world wonder. My favorite place in Cincinnati is Adriatico's, where I usually just get a thin pepperoni pizza, with loads of banana peppers on the side. The spinach/feta is also pretty good as well.

Banana peppers?

x0QYo.jpg

Got this delicious pizza at a french cafe called Breizh in Scotland.
Parma ham, Chicken, Salami, Peppers, Meatballs and a fried egg.

Seanspeed

Banned
Pizza GAF,

SUMMER50 = 50% off Papa John's online orders through 8/12.

Love,
Heel

Sweet, thanks!

I always prefer my local Gino's(amazing place, best I've ever had), but Papa Johns is definitely still fair pizza. Same with Pizza Hut and Chanellos. You can do a lot worse than these.

And for 50% off, its damn good value.

Picked up a six-inch baby deep dish pizza from Carmen's Pizza up near Roger's Park in Chicago. Sadly, I the crust was forgettable but overall it was a decent pizza. Since I just moved up here, I'm on a mission to try every pizza joint around me. It's going to be glorious.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
where's this from, man? i love sun-dried tomatoes.
Naked Pizza, a small chain with only a handful of locations nationwide. It's "healthy" pizza (no preservatives, high in fiber, low sugar, etc.) but it's surprisingly good. I still prefer greasy, NY-style, Sicilian or Greek 'za, but I don't feel nearly as bad eating this stuff more regularly. Definitely recommend trying it if there's one in your area.

Top Bottom