• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Played GT4. Very impressed.

cobragt3 said:
Duckhuntdog, you think the graphics were photorealistic? And how were the car sounds?

They didn't have the TV volume up and I couldn't adjust it either. Plus I had the DC comics booth announcer booming really loud, so I really couldn't hear much to even comment on the sound.

As far as being photorealistic... the games looks just as good if not better than PGR 2.

shibbs said:
PGR2? Or is that to "arcady"?

Doesn't even matter if it is arcadey, if you're going to compare PGR2 to GT it only makes sense to compare the high end cars of GT to those in PGR2. So when you've got a 1k HP Skyline, I find it hard to nitpick the sense of speed the game gives you. :p GT's up there with the majority of arcade racers in terms of sense of speed when you allow the highest end souped up cars to be compared to other racers.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"As far as being photorealistic... the games looks just as good if not better than PGR 2."

wow - so it has had a graphics engine bump since prologue then?
Can anyone confirm that?

Shompola

Banned
teepo said:
the gt series has the best sense of speed in any racer. period.

It maybe has the most realistic speed of any games. But sure as hell doesn't have the best sense of speed. Sense of speed is something it lacks.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"It's well known that the graphics engine has improved since Prologue"

cheers! :)
well, it's not well known to me i guess!

I assumed minor glitches like the pop up and the non-rendering of the rear view would be addressed, but what else has changed?

It's hard to tell from all the screenshots as screenshots for any game/platform tend to be from buffer/supersampled etc...

Personally, i wish they'd just get rid of the wire mesh barriers around NY. It looks really fricken bad in motion and there is absolutely NO NEED for them. Everything else on the track looks great.

"I assumed minor glitches like the pop up and the non-rendering of the rear view would be addressed, but what else has changed?"

I'm not sure about the rear view stuff, but the pop up has been fixed, the spectators are now made of polygons instead of just cardboard cutouts ect. As a whole everything seems to a be a tweaked a bit more to look realistic.

There's also a new HUD even though that really doesn't have anything to do with graphics.

screen3_large.jpg

Looks much better than Prologue plain HUD.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
We all know that the rear view in GT3 sucked really bad. It looked like it was reflecting GT2. The rear view mirror in GT4 has been fixed - it's pretty much flawless now.

The graphics engine in Prologue was mostly GT3 and the physics were too.

The pop up, slow-down during replays, and other errors are gone. They don't exist. Kaput. Axed. Ironed out. Etc. etc. etc.

GT4 will be the best thing since sliced bread.

Top Bottom